Fuck you Orlando

runthebone

19 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Jalen Green got worked and we were out of position all game. No pressure from the D line. Probably the worst game I’ve seen Orlando coach. Just plain bad all game.

You have forgotten last years oklahoma st game. Go re watch the 4th quarter. That game gave me fucking hemorrhoids. 

18 minutes ago, TXpride said:

Orlando is _iaz redux. He's been figured out. He sucked last season and he appears to suck even more now. Jason Washington also seems like he sucks.

I wouldn’t go that far. He’s pretty decent when it comes to coaching fundamentals. We have very green DBs who were playing agains NFL caliber WRs and WB. The timing of his blitz calls is very odd and cost us tonight. I’m not sold on the 3-3-5. At least not on the way TO employs it.

35 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

And even if you bring some pressure, you don’t bring 7 fucking guys.  Every single WR had a 1 on 1 matchup.

Bring 5, put 6 DB's on 4 WR's, force the check down for a moderate gain and give the ball back to your offense with two minutes to play.  It's the obvious fucking call. Unless you're Mr. Blitzhappy.

Edited by Bobby_Batronic
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

I wouldn’t go that far. He’s pretty decent when it comes to coaching fundamentals. We have very green DBs who were playing agains NFL caliber WRs and WB. The timing of his blitz calls is very odd and cost us tonight. I’m not sold on the 3-3-5. At least not on the way TO employs it.

Fundamentals aren't good either. We had 2 senior CB's last year and got torched by Maryland, OU twice, Ok St, WVU, and Tech. Basically every offense with a pulse. Far too often on deep balls our corners have no idea where the ball is and flail around hoping for the best. Saw it last year as well, thought not this bad. It's a trend.

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Orlando is good at generally stopping the run with a light box - although you can pound us off tackle if you commit to the run especially on passing downs (see Okie State and WVU last year) - but his design and in-game calls are not good at all against the pass.  That’s not just knee jerk because of tonight, either.  Our pass defense stats haven’t been pretty.

Our blitz packages are often pretty terrible and just get us burned.  I wish he would just put Ossai at WDE in a four man front, but instead we try to manufacture pressure with DBs starting their blitz from 10 yards outside the box and leaving giant holes in coverage.  

His emphasis is on trying to trick the QB and win the chess match.  It’s a dangerous game.  Even today against the high powered spread offenses, the best defenses are the ones that just win the LOS in a base look and don’t take so many risks.  I’d rather have 4 big guys doing something predictable and collapsing the pocket than a Chinese fire drill with DBs scrambling all over the place. 

Thank you, Texas needs to be running a 4 man front and letting Ossai play with his hand in the dirt coming off the edge.

LSU made a lot of their yards in the middle of the field between the hashes, or where Orlando likes to call blitzes. It didn’t take a lot of scheming from the LSU coaches to tell Burrow find the guy open in the middle of the field.

None of our CBs know how to play the ball in the air. Orlando and Washington should be on the hot seat right now.

Part of the easy money between the hashes had to do with the fact that our LB's drop to a spot, and have little feel for what's happening behind.  They don't exactly look for work either.  It's easy to find a target if the QB isn't flustered during his initial read by whatever junk defense look we're running.

8 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

He's fucked next week. Rice will go empty set spread to 22 personnel on consecutive plays. Got a QB that went to Harvard. Memorized the playbook in one day.

Their qb that went to harvard is in the hospital

Im not too concerned yet about orlando. Dude is the real deal, but yall forget we lost 85% of our defensive production from last year

Calling for his firing isnt laughable, but its definitely reactionary and not warranted this early in the season. Jfc guys

This thread is comedy.   The worst fuckups were on offense.  We had picks, sacks, a couple of stops, and in the end had to roll the dice.  If you think soft coverage guarantees you stop that QB on 3rd and 17, then they just go over the top and outside.  Given what he had to work with, and what he did with it last night, Orlando is not the villain.

19 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

This thread is comedy.   The worst fuckups were on offense.  We had picks, sacks, a couple of stops, and in the end had to roll the dice.  If you think soft coverage guarantees you stop that QB on 3rd and 17, then they just go over the top and outside.  Given what he had to work with, and what he did with it last night, Orlando is not the villain.

The offense scored on every 2nd half possession.

There was something in the air that night
The passes alight, Orlando
They were throwing there for you and me
For Victory, Orlando

Though I never thought that we could lose
There's no regret
If we had to do the same again
We would, our friend, Orlando

13 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Georgia does not have a dynamic offense. I’m trying to think of a dynamic offense that Orlando has slowed down. He slowed down Tech some, but we had a massive talent advantage. Shit the bed against OU, OSU, West Virginia, LSU. Would like to see some progress against strong passing offenses.

All of the secondary talent recruited in the past 2 years (that got torched last night) will have to improve.  That improvement is going to be disguised by our ability to win the line battle.  In theory we've seen the best O-line we're facing before the post-season.

6 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Lot of armchair coaches here. You guys realize we have 8 new starters on defense right? Anybody that thought LSU wasn’t gonna score points on us is a goofball. Still think we win the Big 12 and defense will improve

Even when Orlando had experienced db's his pass defense drank ass juice.  This is our concern, dude.

13 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:

Not giving these cbs safety help deep was inexcusable. 

We don't have the talent to slow down their running game and crossing routes if we don't bring 6.  If our running game wasn't on the rocks, then yeah go ahead and conceed the middle of the field and set up camp in your own red zone and play dime.

It's the old axiom:

price

quality

time

pick 2.

26 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Lot of armchair coaches here. You guys realize we have 8 new starters on defense right? Anybody that thought LSU wasn’t gonna score points on us is a goofball. Still think we win the Big 12 and defense will improve

Our pass defense was #110 in the nation last year

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Even when Orlando had experienced db's his pass defense drank ass juice.  This is our concern, dude.

Yes. Getting torched in the back end when you leave the middle of the field wide open is becoming a concern no matter the personnel.

Orlando needs some even front alignments in his arsenal, especially on 3rd and 17.