Devin Duvernay is a grown ass man

F250

21 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Someone else mentioned he reminds them of Steve Smith, and I think that's an apt comparison. He's tough af, has glue for hands, and doesn't quit. I don't think he has the mouth of Smith, but whatever. 

Steve Smith skills + Andre Johnson mannerisms = Devin Duvernay

I know certain players take time to develop.  So I guess that could be the case here, but I have to think that more playing time last year would have been beneficial for our offense last year.  Also, I don't know how after watching the guy play all year this year that he was not a captain to start the year.  He exemplifies everything anyone wants a football player to be on the field.  No clue how he is off the field obviously.....

• Like 1

Just now, deech said:

I know certain players take time to develop.  So I guess that could be the case here, but I have to think that more playing time last year would have been beneficial for our offense last year.  Also, I don't know how after watching the guy play all year this year that he was not a captain to start the year.  He exemplifies everything anyone wants a football player to be on the field.  No clue how he is off the field obviously.....

Quiet, hard worker, intense and fierce.

Doesn't smile much per Ehlinger, just works his ass off and no nonsense guy...

Herman said Devin runs angry with the ball after he catches it...

28 minutes ago, Horndog said:

When the game ended today, I saw DD immediately head up the tunnel with a towel over his head. Didn't stay for the Eyes. Didn't shake hands. Just left. Anyone know what was up with that? 

Disgusted with the shit show that is our team. We were supposed to contend for a playoff spot, not struggle for bowl eligibility. 

9 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Through 12 games, just under 1,300 yards (1,294) receiving. Had one or two drops that I can recall, numerous critical third-down catches, and dealt out more trucks than a Ford dealership. 

What a great fucking player.

I was about to ask whether that drop yesterday was the first of his career, couldn't remember if he got his first earlier this year, but that would've been pretty funny to have it on his last game ever. And completely forgiveable for the type of player he's been for us. I'm going to miss him. Damn shame it took most of the season for us to get other guys involved without Collin. Once the pressure was away from Devin he had huge games. Biletnikoff can suck a dick. 

5 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

I was about to ask whether that drop yesterday was the first of his career, couldn't remember if he got his first earlier this year, but that would've been pretty funny to have it on his last game ever. And completely forgiveable for the type of player he's been for us. I'm going to miss him. Damn shame it took most of the season for us to get other guys involved without Collin. Once the pressure was away from Devin he had huge games. Biletnikoff can suck a dick. 

I think Herman threw him under the bus for a drop on a wide receiver screen on our last shitty drive that went 3 and out against Iowa state

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:08 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

I have loved Devin and thought he was grossly misused by Herman the past couple of years. Devin’s future is as a slot guy. He’s Randall Cobb with more speed. He won’t go before the 3rd round and I doubt before the 4th because of his size  

This board grossly overestimated the draft positions of our players.  Some of that is we just aren’t that good, despite the notion we have of superior talent. Part of that is lack of development (not the case with DD). Part of it is ingrained NFL bullshit. For example, CJ will go in the draft before DD, precisely because of body type, and DD will likely have the more productive career and ultimately make more money. 

Where is CJ projected to go?  I wouldn't think it would be that high with his lack of production and likely slow 40.

His height won't be held against him in the slot.  He's stoutly built and hard to tackle and that will make sure it's not an issue.  He will run well at the combine and he should go in the top 3 rounds.  Some team might fall in love with his speed and make him a first rounder.

Edited by kevwun

On 11/30/2019 at 8:08 PM, Atticus said:

Devin Duvernay has first round potential and you’re smoking if you think otherwise.

He’s a track guy who runs good routes and has great hands. If he goes sub 4.4 or somehow has an elite 3 cone drill, he’ll definitely be in the discussion.

The 3 cone drill and other drills measuring shiftiness are probably areas where he won't do as well.  Despite all his excellent traits he's always seemed a bit stiff to me. Maybe it's his body type because he reminds me of Quan Cosby in this area.  I will say that he does seem to have gained and exhibited additional flexibility this past season so maybe he'll do better than I think.    

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No idea where'd he'd get drafted but not sure what else someone is looking for except that he's not 6'4".  Tough, strong, durable, gets open, fast, quick, runs great route, catches everything, gets YAC and seems to be a high character/low drama guy. 

I'm actually really curious to see how he tests out. 

I'm not 100% sure he's going to hit 4.3 ONLY because of how stout he's made his frame. Then again if DK can run 4.3 at 6'4 why not Dev Duv. 

What I think will impress people more is his complete athleticism. Quick shuttle, powerful vertical and broad jump, and he might bench a lot. The dude is an angry wrecking ball of a slot receiver, can't wait to see what he puts up. 🤘