Devin Duvernay is a grown ass man

F250

• 2 weeks later...

Had a random thought pop into my head listening to Danielson wax poetic about Bama's WR's, (and one that may have come up earlier in the thread) but would Duv have even been drafted if LJ had returned to school? I assume in 2019 LJ woulda remained the featured dude at H while Duv continued to be the underutilized Z, right? Duv might need to tithe to LJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Former Longhorn Devin Duvernay to have bigger role against Jaguars

When Devin Duvernay was commanding the slot role for the Texas Longhorns, he made a huge impact. During his senior season in 2019, Duvernay finished with the second-most receiving yards in a single season with 1,386 yards. He finished second to Jordan Shipley. Duv also finished as the No. 8 receiver in Texas history with 2,468 yards.

Against the Jacksonville Jaguars, the now Baltimore Ravens pass catcher could have his biggest game of the year. This year for the Ravens, Duvernay has accounted for 242 yards from scrimmage this year in limited action. He has yet to score a touchdown on offense. However, after three of the receivers were placed on the COVID-19 reserve list, Duvernay is likely playing a prominent role in this game.

If all three players end up missing Sunday’s game, that would leave the Ravens with just four wide receivers available on the 53-man roster. Though that would mean guys like Dez Bryant and Devin Duvernay would have a more prominent role on the offense, it would give Baltimore next to no depth at the position. –Ravens Wire

Duvernay has provided some spark on special teams this year, including a touchdown return against the Kansas City Chiefs for his first career touchdown in the NFL.

This year, the rookie wide receiver has accounted for 781 all-purpose yards with 28.4 yards per return. It could be a breakout opportunity for Duvernay as he will be on the field with former teammate Collin Johnson for the first time since the 2019 Valero Alamo Bowl.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Former Longhorn Devin Duvernay to have bigger role against Jaguars

When Devin Duvernay was commanding the slot role for the Texas Longhorns, he made a huge impact. During his senior season in 2019, Duvernay finished with the second-most receiving yards in a single season with 1,386 yards. He finished second to Jordan Shipley. Duv also finished as the No. 8 receiver in Texas history with 2,468 yards.

Against the Jacksonville Jaguars, the now Baltimore Ravens pass catcher could have his biggest game of the year. This year for the Ravens, Duvernay has accounted for 242 yards from scrimmage this year in limited action. He has yet to score a touchdown on offense. However, after three of the receivers were placed on the COVID-19 reserve list, Duvernay is likely playing a prominent role in this game.

If all three players end up missing Sunday’s game, that would leave the Ravens with just four wide receivers available on the 53-man roster. Though that would mean guys like Dez Bryant and Devin Duvernay would have a more prominent role on the offense, it would give Baltimore next to no depth at the position. –Ravens Wire

Duvernay has provided some spark on special teams this year, including a touchdown return against the Kansas City Chiefs for his first career touchdown in the NFL.

This year, the rookie wide receiver has accounted for 781 all-purpose yards with 28.4 yards per return. It could be a breakout opportunity for Duvernay as he will be on the field with former teammate Collin Johnson for the first time since the 2019 Valero Alamo Bowl.

I sure hope so. When he first got drafted by the Ravens I was worried because of Lamar Jackson. I was really hoping he went to a team like the packers who needed a wr and had a qb who’s going to consistently get him the ball. Hopefully this bigger role gives him a chance to showcase his skills, because it’s going to be hard for teams to justify giving him a bigger contract down the road when he isn’t putting up numbers. He has 19 receptions and 200 yards. Saying he’s been underutilized this year would be an understatement. It’s not a matter of him getting better, even though he will. Lamar Jackson needs to figure out how to improve his accuracy. Dak did it. Josh Allen did it. It needs to happen.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

Really looking forward to this, but unfortunately for Dev it looks like those 3 guys will be back in time for Sunday’s game. 
https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/wide-receivers-on-covid-19-list-are-on-track-to-play

I picked up Dev in several of my dynasty fantasy football leagues and hope he gets a chance next year. Willie Snead’s contract is up after this season so Dev should at least take his spot if not more. 

• 6 months later...

I saw this coming the day he got drafted. I’m so sick of NFL talking heads making the excuse for Lamar Jackson that he doesn’t have viable wr options. We have no idea what Marquise Brown and Devin Duvernay are as NFL wrs. After this year we will have seen the ravens draft 2 first round picks and 3 top 100 picks at wr. You can’t tell me an organization like that whiffed 3 times. This was just worst case scenario for our boy from day one, and it’s a shame because the NFL more than any other sport is all about what situation you’re drafted into. 

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Saying nfl people are making excuses for Lamar Jackson saying the only reason we think he can’t throw is because he has garbage for wrs. It’s a shame duv didn’t get drafted to a team that can throw a forward pass 

Could've been WAY worse than Baltimore dude. Toxins, Jets, Browns, Fins, and many more are just poorly run dogshit compared to the Ravens.

Edited by Zeus

33 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Could've been WAY worse than Baltimore dude. Toxins, Jets, Browns, Fins, and many more are just poorly run dogshit compared to the Ravens.

The Fins have had some great drafts and personnel choices as of the last few years and a favorite to be really good this year.  Brown’s historically for sure but right now they are loaded.  Either would have been better then Jackson throwing to his receivers 12 times a game and completing 5 of them. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...