Fuck Kirk Herbstreit.

Tx_2_Sc85

I was sick of them carrying on about the new LSU offense as if they invented the spread and the up tempo, which had Texas confused because they've never seen such a thing....  

He damn sure avoided pointing out that LSU has started playing Big12 football and that it was the loss of 8 starters on defense that gave Texas the biggest problems and not a type of offense they see weekly in the conference (something we would have heard repeated all night long it the roles had been reversed).

9 hours ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

Fuck that mother fucker for running his cock holster all fucking game and never missing an opportunity to take jabs at Texas. What about the “DBU” shirts comment he made saying that he didn’t really even understand it because Texas shouldn’t even be in the convo. Yes I know our dbs have looked like ass since forever ago but still FUCK YOU HERBIE! You and Zach can go back to y’alls cesspool in fucking Ohio bitch. 

So yer pissed because he was calling out a BS look at me about something that doesn't exist T shirt ?  He's an analyst. That kind of stuff is kind of in his job description.  Lots of other legit reasons to call out the dick vessel.

9 hours ago, mdmost said:

Shut Sam down in the first half. Shut out Collin Johnson in the first half. Put us in a hole we couldn’t get out of. They weren’t great but they were better than our defense 

This is incorrect. Offense stepped on its own dick first half. Dropped a sure TD. Didn't take the gimmie FG. Sam missed on a wide open deep ball. Should easily have been 14-3 going into the half.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I mean, I get that Burrow had an amazing game.  He deserved the love he got from the broadcasters.

But Sam put up video game numbers, too, while keeping is in the game over and over again.  And I don't remember Herbie saying much about him or Duvernay the whole night.  

Duvernay got a lot of love, don't remember from who, but he did.   Also heard praise for Sam, but I tune Herbie out...  he's proven he's a fucking clown when he pulled the "I know more than the Fans or anyone else...."  Fuck that guy

4 hours ago, Gaffords said:

I was sick of them carrying on about the new LSU offense as if they invented the spread and the up tempo, which had Texas confused because they've never seen such a thing....  

Neither Rece nor Herbie suggested anything like this.

He damn sure avoided pointing out that LSU has started playing Big12 football and that it was the loss of 8 starters on defense that gave Texas the biggest problems and not a type of offense they see weekly in the conference (something we would have heard repeated all night long it the roles had been reversed).

Texas' defense has ranked in the 100's in pass defense for years now, the 8 new starters are doing a little worse so far, but not significantly so.  

Fans who constantly see/hear bias against their teams from announcers and officials are just projecting their own biases, and it's exhausting.

If Texas had a dozen or so defenders go out due to cramps, only when the other offense was driving down the field, his narrative would've been:

"I get the gamesmanship, but just go out there and play the game, Texas.  Call a timeout if your defense is gassed or wants to disrupt tempo."

Instead it was: "I know the Texas fans are upset with all the stopages, but it's sooooo hot out there!!1" [which only affects one team's defense apparently]

Great thread. Cesspool guy not welcome here.

Media ban that fuckstick the minute the ESPN LHN contract expires. Exercise the Fox contract for games that mouse takes interest in. The same four tired ESPN talking heads are legitimately bad for College football and build an agenda that rivals politics.

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

Neither Rece nor Herbie suggested anything like this.

Texas' defense has ranked in the 100's in pass defense for years now, the 8 new starters are doing a little worse so far, but not significantly so.  

Fans who constantly see/hear bias against their teams from announcers and officials are just projecting their own biases, and it's exhausting.

Key phrase was in the "as if".

• 4 weeks later...

I don’t know who needs to hear this, but stadium environment might literally be the most overrated factor in whether a team wins or loses. Good teams win, bad teams lose. The team that plays better that night wins. The Bama’s and the Clemson’s win because they have talented players and great coaches, not because their stadium is cool. A&M is just not a good team right now.

6 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I don’t know who needs to hear this, but stadium environment might literally be the most overrated factor in whether a team wins or loses. Good teams win, bad teams lose. The team that plays better that night wins. The Bama’s and the Clemson’s win because they have talented players and great coaches, not because their stadium is cool. A&M is just not a good team right now.

I don't think Bama has ever had that reputation for being this crazy intimidating road environment

I mean the 1980s Miami Hurricanes had the exact opposite reputation: terrible home field and terrible fan support. Yet they were almost impossible to beat in the Orange Bowl, because they were really good.

So yeah I don't think stadium environment matters that much.

Edited by Valmy77

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I don't think Bama has ever had that reputation for being this crazy intimidating road environment

I mean the 1980s Miami Hurricanes had the exact opposite reputation: terrible home field and terrible fan support. Yet they were almost impossible to beat in the Orange Bowl, because they were really good.

Yeah I guess it’s cool for recruiting and selling tickets to fans especially visiting team fans but it’s about 1% - 3% in terms of actually helping a team win

25 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Yeah I guess it’s cool for recruiting and selling tickets to fans especially visiting team fans but it’s about 1% - 3% in terms of actually helping a team win

It absolutely mattered on that magical night at DKR back when we whipped Houston's ass in 1990.

• Like 1

Kirk Herpstreet  is Chip Brown, but on a national stage, a younger Paul Finebaum but with 100% more chicken shit and bus station semen flowing through his veins and gastrointestinal tract.

He enjoys beating on Texas, while guzzling on nearly everyone else, including aggy early on, as usual. 

He is a barking rectum, desperate for attention/follows/endorsements and likely realizes his pathetic little life means nothing, influences no one, and his opinions are as enduring as farts in a hurricane.

Edited by El Squared
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don’t know who needs to hear this, but stadium environment might literally be the most overrated factor in whether a team wins or loses. Good teams win, bad teams lose. The team that plays better that night wins. The Bama’s and the Clemson’s win because they have talented players and great coaches, not because their stadium is cool. A&M is just not a good team ever.

fify

1 minute ago, El Squared said:

Kirk Herpstreet  is Chip Brown, but on a national stage, a younger Paul Finebaum but with 100% more chicken shit and bus station semen flowing through his veins and gastrointestinal tract.

He enjoys beating on Texas, while guzzling on nearly everyone else, including aggy early on, as usual. 

He is a barking rectum, desperate for attention/follows/endorsements and likely realizes his pathetic little life means nothing, influences no one, and his opinions are as enduring as farts in a hurricane.

tenor.gif?itemid=6140733

the west end of the orange bowl was not a safe place for opposing teams to be. Thug U students used to have gunbattles amongst themselves for fun.

6 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:
7 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Read more  

the west end of the orange bowl was not a safe place for opposing teams to be. Thug U students used to have gunbattles amongst themselves for fun.

Miami is a small private school with a very non-thug fan base. More like a country club for Jewish kids from the east coast who prefer sunshine to snow. It’s SMU on South Beach.

The players, in complete contrast, were on the opposite end of the spectrum, especially in the 80s and 90s. 

7 hours ago, El Squared said:

Man why don't you tell us how you really feel.

9 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I don’t know who needs to hear this, but stadium environment might literally be the most overrated factor in whether a team wins or loses. Good teams win, bad teams lose. The team that plays better that night wins. The Bama’s and the Clemson’s win because they have talented players and great coaches, not because their stadium is cool. A&M is just not a good team right now since 1939.

1 hour ago, bigbopper said:

Miami is a small private school with a very non-thug fan base. More like a country club for Jewish kids from the east coast who prefer sunshine to snow. It’s SMU on South Beach.

The players, in complete contrast, were on the opposite end of the spectrum, especially in the 80s and 90s. 

The student body is all Jewish transplants who live with their grandparents freshman year.  But when they are any good at all, the fanbase is all mixtape thugs with grills and LMC suburb guys who think Ohio St fans are too demure and classy. 

8 hours ago, El Squared said:

He picked Texas to be in the playoff.

Every fan base in the country thinks Herbie hates them-I’ve even seen people from Ohio State complain about it. 

2 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

He picked Texas to be in the playoff.

Every fan base in the country thinks Herbie hates them-I’ve even seen people from Ohio State complain about it. 

This. So it might seem like the hate is not warranted.

But I have to say, that cesspool comment was beyond the pale. He made it look like Texas fandom was being racist in their dislike of Charlie.

He deserves all the shit he gets here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

This. So it might seem like the hate is not warranted.

But I have to say, that cesspool comment was beyond the pale. He made it look like Texas fandom was being racist in their dislike of Charlie.

He deserves all the shit he gets here.

Yeah, I’m not really defending him so much as commenting on the universal fanhood persecution complex. Feel free to dislike him.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...