About those LSU 'heat' cramps free timeouts

clapclapclap

That’s because we don’t complain, and we are too polite to point out boorish behavior in our hosts.  
We also teach our children not to drop f bombs.  You must be so proud. 

WAIT

A LSU FAN is claiming they don’t complain?????

OMGGGGGG that is fucking rich.

Y’all have fans trying to call the FBI about a Bama/SEC conspiracy and bought ACTUAL BILLBOARDS crying about Bama just last year!

ALL YOU FUCKERS DO IS CRY AND COMPLAIN.

And don’t even get me started on your claim that LSU fans are polite and don’t cuss!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

No. This endangers players truly suffering from heat stress since they may experience symptoms but not come out of the game for the team. That is wrong. Safety first. Out for the drive is enough to stop shenanigans.

That said, the LSU D was not that poorly conditioned nor improperly hydrated prior to a game, no way I'll believe that.

How about out for the quarter, or the possession if that possession continues into the next quarter?

Second cramp? You’re out for the rest of the half. Either half. No matter how much time is on the clock.

Maybe it should be any injury, not just cramps, because minor sprained ankles could begin coming in fucking waves. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

2 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Gonna start a GoFundMe  site to send the lsu players a case of midol.

Everyone with Amazon Prime can spend $6 and send a message by having a box Caffeine-Free Midol delivered to:

LSU Office of the President

3810 West Lakeshore Drive

Baton Rouge, LA 70808

Telephone: 225-578-2111

All we need to do is agree on the Gift Card message.

I'm in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Cure is simple. First time down, out for the drive. Second time down you are out for 15 minutes of game time. 3rd, you are removed from the game, sent to a nearby hospital, and charged $300,000 to the team for endangering the player paid to St. Jude’s. Any player down more than 6 times in a season is removed from play for remainder of the year.

Flopping cured.

My cure is even simpler. Starting with the second instance of injury that causes a stoppage of play during a drive, the team isn't allowed to replace that player at all until the drive ends.

Some 11-on-10 (or in LSU's case 11-on-9) should cure cramping pretty quick-- or, at least, prevent it from being used as a de facto time out.

My cure is even simpler. Starting with the second instance of injury that causes a stoppage of play during a drive, the team isn't allowed to replace that player at all until the drive ends.
Some 11-on-10 (or in LSU's case 11-on-9) should cure cramping pretty quick-- or, at least, prevent it from being used as a de facto time out.

I like it. Power play style.

34 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Maybe it should be any injury, not just cramps, because minor sprained ankles could begin coming in fucking waves. 

That's why my rule is about "injury". It should be able to accommodate real injury, and the ref must have freedom to interpret "immediately" as needed - guy's got a broken neck? Yeah, let's not penalize for taking a while to get him off the field, but let's also not let injury in general to be an opportunity to slow down the game and do some coaching... if you wanna coach, that's fine, but it's gonna cost a t-o.

41 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Makes no sense. Cramps just become a turned ankle. Or the wind knocked out of you etc etc

keep it simple. Any player requiring a stoppage of play sits out until change of possession or end of half. 

Call it the SEC Soccer Clause for Safety. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

That's why my rule is about "injury". It should be able to accommodate real injury, and the ref must have freedom to interpret "immediately" as needed - guy's got a broken neck? Yeah, let's not penalize for taking a while to get him off the field, but let's also not let injury in general to be an opportunity to slow down the game and do some coaching... if you wanna coach, that's fine, but it's gonna cost a t-o.

What’s your solution if said SECSECSEC player returns to the field 2 plays after his broken neck?

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Makes no sense. Cramps just become a turned ankle. Or the wind knocked out of you etc etc

keep it simple. Any player requiring a stoppage of play sits out until change of possession or end of half. 

that's probably why I said " injury that causes a stoppage of play" and not "cramps"

the reference to cramps in the 2nd paragraph was an LSU-specific joke. my proposal will work for every kind of injury and we can even make exceptions for neck injuries, etc, if we have to PUSSIES

I understand the sentiment but in reality you could quickly run out of players. And it's a pretty harsh punishment if a kid legitimately does have a bad cramp and just needs to get to the sideline and stretch it out for several minutes. Or if he ding his ankle up pretty good but wants to tough it out. 

Then he will rush his ass off to the sideline.

Brilliant fake cramp on the second to last drive before the half. We hit two straight completions to cross midfield. LSU fat ass is on one knee, stands up to look to sideline and then just sits down. TV timeout. We don’t make a first down after the break and miss a long FG.   They drive the field and score  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Brilliant fake cramp on the second to last drive before the half. We hit two straight completions to cross midfield. LSU fat ass is on one knee, stands up to look to sideline and then just sits down. TV timeout. We don’t make a first down after the break and miss a long FG.   They drive the field and score  

Story checks out.  Funny how all their other players immediately walk towards the sideline like they know what's up.  If their teammate was really injured, you'd think at least someone would check on them.  Fuck these assholes.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

From a fan of a team who plays LSU every year - it’s a coaching thing.

Auburn under Gus has done this for years.

Jimbo did it at FSU and he brought it to A&M.

LSU didn’t do it under Miles but it’s become a tactic under Orgeron.

Mullen did it when he was at MSU and I assume he’s carried it to UF.

It seems to be a thing with teams that run a tempo offense - to try and slow down the opponent’s offensive drives . These teams run offenses that depend on timing and they know what is most disruptive - stops and starts.

I'll laugh my ass off if the bama lsu game takes 6 hours because both teams are faking injuries  every third play. 

11 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It was really hot y’all 

Fuck you dumbass piece of shit. Your cheating team of fuckheads lives, practices, plays in Baton Rouge, Louisiana which is eleventy billion times more humid than Austin. 

You are the perfect LSU fan after what we all saw from your shit school, team, and fan base this weekend. Go fuck yourself.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Girdwood said:

Fuck you dumbass piece of shit. Your cheating team of fuckheads lives, practices, plays in Baton Rouge, Louisiana which is eleventy billion times more humid than Austin. 

You are the perfect LSU fan after what we all saw from your shit school, team, and fan base this weekend. Go fuck yourself.

Ban the Swamp Aggy for good

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I like the idea that anyone going down, that requires a delay of the game, needs to sit out for the remainder of that drive if not the quarter.  The medical staff needs to time to evaluate the player to ensure their safety.

You do realize that Divinity and Delpit, two of the best on defense, sat out a quarter getting IVs in the locker room, right?

• Fuck You 6

6 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

If they did, they should be hauled down to the ER for observation.

But that’s a weak attempt on your part to deflect from your team’s known bullshit “strategy”. 

I’d been told Texas fans were relatively ill informed about football.   I didn’t fully accept it.  You’ve moved me across the line. 

• Fuck You 12

15 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

WAIT

A LSU FAN is claiming they don’t complain?????

OMGGGGGG that is fucking rich.

Y’all have fans trying to call the FBI about a Bama/SEC conspiracy and bought ACTUAL BILLBOARDS crying about Bama just last year!

ALL YOU FUCKERS DO IS CRY AND COMPLAIN.

And don’t even get me started on your claim that LSU fans are polite and don’t cuss!

My brother's brother-in-law is an ag. Occasionally tolerable but mostly a typical ag. 

That said, he tells a story that back in the late 80's and early 90's when the aggy and LSU played at the start of almost every season, he says he went to a game in Baton Rouge and felt "raindrops" falling on his head as they entered the stadium. Looked up and there was a group of young kids peeing over the railing onto the opposing fans walking in... being held up by the parents while they did it.

Seem like a really classy bunch. LOL

Edited by crimsonlonghorn

3 minutes ago, Drunk in Malibu said:

I’d been told Texas fans were relatively ill informed about football.   I didn’t fully accept it.  You’ve moved me across the line. 

Doesn’t change the fact that your coach has the reputation for playing the fake game.

But whatever makes you feel better about yourselves.

1 minute ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

My brother's brother-in-law is an ag. Occasionally tolerable but mostly a typical ag. 

That said, he tells a story that back in the late 80's and early 90's when the Ags and LSU played at the start of almost every season, he says he went to a game in Baton Rouge and felt "raindrops" falling on his head as they entered the stadium. Looked up and there was a group of young kids peeing over the railing onto the opposing fans walking in... being held up by the parents while they did it.

Seem like a really classy bunch. LOL

I doubt that is true.   Fans use balloons, not free flow.   It’s an accuracy matter.  No chance anyone would carpet bomb a group that would inevitably include our own fans.  And if you think any of that is true, I’ve got some nice Texas real estate just south of the Rio Grande for sale.  

As a fan, you will get Tiger baited right before you are offered a beer and a bowl of gumbo.  Players are physically off limits. You throw anything on the field and you are gone from our stadium in a most painful way. 

You think it’s ok for fans to throw things on players.   Think about that. 

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

Doesn’t change the fact that your coach has the reputation for playing the fake game.

But whatever makes you feel better about yourselves.

Let’s break that down, sports fans.   “I’ve just shown I know nothing about big time college ball, and I’m going to double down with another baseless and ignorant statement.”

Do you know the first rule of holes?   When you are in one, stop digging.  

• Fuck You 2

15 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

From a fan of a team who plays LSU every year - it’s a coaching thing.

Auburn under Gus has done this for years.

Jimbo did it at FSU and he brought it to A&M.

LSU didn’t do it under Miles but it’s become a tactic under Orgeron.

Mullen did it when he was at MSU and I assume he’s carried it to UF.

It seems to be a thing with teams that run a tempo offense - to try and slow down the opponent’s offensive drives . These teams run offenses that depend on timing and they know what is most disruptive - stops and starts.

Lsu fans during the game said bama does it to them all the time. So, it's just an sec thang.

12 minutes ago, Drunk in Malibu said:

Let’s break that down, sports fans.   “I’ve just shown I know nothing about big time college ball, and I’m going to double down with another baseless and ignorant statement.”

You must have majored in weak obtuse deflection. Your SEC brethren are laughing at you.

14 minutes ago, Drunk in Malibu said:

Again. You assume intent based a clip of water in the air. How do you know someone didn’t throw a drink on someone?  

Save your sanctimonious bullshit and take your own advice. Players should be off limits. 

Thats not “big time college football”, it’s just you don’t know any better. LSU fan is NFL Goon Lite.

But thank you. We all need a culture/class lesson from swamp trash. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

9 minutes ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

Lsu fans during the game said bama does it to them all the time. So, it's just an sec thang.

Before this year LSU wasn't much of an uptempo team, so I'm not sure I believe Alabama or any of their other opponents would ave bothered.

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Again. You assume intent based a clip of water in the air. How do you know someone didn’t throw a drink on someone?  

Save your sanctimonious bullshit and take your own advice. Players should be off limits. 

Thats not “big time college football”, it’s just you don’t know any better. LSU fan is NFL Goon Lite.

But thank you. We all need a culture/class lesson from swamp trash. 

Exactly the sort of incisive retort I’ve come to expect.  Y’all are terrible at smack, too.  

You’ve managed to turn fourteen fan bases into Sooner fans. 

• Fuck You 8