2021 ATH Ja’Tavion Sanders

Chrispy_

From 9.95's Stampede... Thanks @satyanash  

Horns add to 2021 class

When I went to Denton Ryan for practice a few weeks before the season started, I got a strong impression that Ja'Tavion Sanders was leaning hard to Texas. I returned from that visit and entered a crystal ball pick for Sanders in favor of Texas. Sanders often said that his family grew up rooting for and watching Texas, and his fit as an edge rusher is perfect for the b-backer position.

Add in the fact that his teammate and friend Billy Bowman was already a member of the class along with the fact that Ryan has some pro-Longhorn coaches on staff, including former Texas fullback Alex De La Torre. There were strong impressions given that Sanders was coming to the LSU game with the intention of committing, and we heard early on Saturday that it was done.

As if we needed any further confirmation, the commitment went down at midfield and our own Jeff Howe witnessed it at the time. Sanders is now the highest ranked player in the 2021 Texas class, according to 247Sports Composite. His No. 43 national ranking is almost 30 spots higher than Jalen Milroe, who was previously the top ranked player in the class.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Mankind keeps evolving. When I was a kid, no pro football players made catches like this. Now some in high school can do it. Egad.  

When I was a kid, Refrigerator Perry, at 300 lbs, was the biggest football player in the NFL and was asked to lose weight by Ditka.  Some High School players are larger than this now.  

People were wondering what position he might play for Texas since he's a tweener.  I'm good with TE.  He's got the body to be an effective blocker and the defensive mentality to want to kill whatever is across from him.  

Edited by Mdhorn

• 2 weeks later...

That seems more like him just being happy for his teammate/friend. Recruits always retweet or like when their friends commit to other schools, even a rival one. Wouldn’t read anything in to it. He still has UT stuff on his Instagram. The fact that I even checked is causing me to rethink my life choices.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

That seems more like him just being happy for his teammate/friend. Recruits always retweet or like when their friends commit to other schools, even a rival one. Wouldn’t read anything in to it. He still has UT stuff on his Instagram. The fact that I even checked is causing me to rethink my life choices.
The Bowman tweet wasn't the issue... It was the lack of any mentions about UT, especially in the bio.