2021 ATH Ja’Tavion Sanders

Chrispy_

It may be on this thread already.  Not gonna look.  But, Sanders made a similar play earlier this year on a pick.  He was lined up at DE on the right side.  QB threw a slant.  Sanders picked it with one hand and ran it back.  IIRC, his right hand never touched the ball the entire play.  As we were losing commits, this was the one I absolutely didn't want to go.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 8:49 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

It may be on this thread already.  Not gonna look.  But, Sanders made a similar play earlier this year on a pick.  He was lined up at DE on the right side.  QB threw a slant.  Sanders picked it with one hand and ran it back.  IIRC, his right hand never touched the ball the entire play.  As we were losing commits, this was the one I absolutely didn't want to go.

1:18 mark of the video Butch Had Not posted below. Insane athleticism. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Is Liebrock still on the team?

He had flypaper hands in the 7-on-7 clips from the summer before his senior year in high school.

What's his story?

He's on the team. Sark, depending on how you interpreted his reference to "a TE that hasn't played much", probably already referenced him in a press conference.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Not sure if ample comparison but Julius Peppers comes to mind. Julius was insane in college with the stuff he pulled off.   Might be the Alfred Collins comp instead. 

Peppers has about three inches on him, and was more explosive, imo 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

Also kid is good but Julius Peppers is a HoF DE with a 17 year NFL career and 159.5 sacks. Kid may not even play defense, let’s just reel in those expectations.

I was referring to the athleticism. Peppers could have played TE and been a monster assuming they shaped his body for it. Sanders appears to have some of those traits  but the insane athleticism edge goes to peppers at this stage. Anyone that watched peppers play at UNC knew he was the most freaky athlete out there. I doubt we will have a time with Sanders where we just watch him on every single play like I would with peppers.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

I was referring to the athleticism. Peppers could have played TE and been a monster assuming they shaped his body for it. Sanders appears to have some of those traits  but the insane athleticism edge goes to peppers at this stage. Anyone that watched peppers play at UNC knew he was the most freaky athlete out there. I doubt we will have a time with Sanders where we just watch him on every single play like I would with peppers.

Sanders is nowhere near Peppers’ athleticism. Peppers is one of the best athletes ever. 

Sanders is a burly 6’2”, right?

...seems kind of H-back-ish more than prototypical TE. 

Wiley seems like a TE created in a lab. In his recruiting videos, Liebrock seemed like an all-American high school TE whose college success depends on ability to gain weight without getting even slower and will need to learn tricks to get separation. 

I am excited for Sanders, but I’m not sure where he’ll excel. I just hope that he does. 

7 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Sanders is nowhere near Peppers’ athleticism. Peppers is one of the best athletes ever. 

I watched Julius Peppers play twice in college.

He played against Tennessee and Tulsa at the Erwin Center in 2000 in the Sweet 16 and the Elite 8.

Dude was crazy athletic on the basketball court. 

Edited by Hornlover

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Wiley seems like a TE created in a lab. In his recruiting videos, Liebrock seemed like an all-American high school TE whose college success depends on ability to gain weight without getting even slower and will need to learn tricks to get separation. 

I am excited for Sanders, but I’m not sure where he’ll excel. I just hope that he does. 

It takes no time to look up the fact that Ja'Tavion Sanders is about 6'4

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

If we end up OJ McClintocking Sanders I’m gonna kill a bitch.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

It takes no time to look up the fact that Ja'Tavion Sanders is about 6'4

I will need to start wearing my Target glasses more, because I thought that the 6' 3.5" listing on 247 was 6' 2.5".

Hoping that he is actually close to 6'4". Also, the only video I have watched of his was him schooling the HP kids on that one handed grab and a similar one from the week before. He looked about 6'2" in those videos, but playing against 5'9" CBs.

No matter how tall he is, I'm glad that we got him.