Below Deck

RPM

I have no doubt this has to be staged drama, it's a reality show. But then again, Euros are notoriously lazy and bullheaded (See: Lazy Jack). They also had to cut the season short because of the COVID-19 outbreak so I imagine a lot of stuff that would normally get cut is left in to fill time. 

Edited by RPM

42 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Malia is kicking ass. Good leader and seems to know her shit. 

I think she's doing really well, but I have noticed that they make a point to show all her instructions when docking or leaving which they did not do for previous bosuns unless there was a fuckup.  At least that's my perception.

And I think she handled the "Sweetie" thing really poorly by going to Sandy before talking to her crew.  I think that Pete is such a clueless dumbass that he really had no idea he was being disrespectful.

Edited by Chips O'Toole

The Italian girl had to be a plant.  She was so stupid and obnoxious. Pete is a walking Jagoff. His brooding after the Italian girl left was pathetic. I don’t mind the Deck Chief going to the Captain. That dumb Pete Would not have listened to her.

Roy Orbison Jr seems nice, but certainly a bit odd.

16 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

The Italian girl had to be a plant.  She was so stupid and obnoxious. Pete is a walking Jagoff. His brooding after the Italian girl left was pathetic. I don’t mind the Deck Chief going to the Captain. That dumb Pete Would not have listened to her.

The Ace of Bass guy is/was a new Nazi, I bet they don’t reveal that!

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I thought so at first, but I think she's just an uppity Euro. Apparently she has rave reviews as a Chief Stew. She didn't like not being in charge.

21 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

That peter guy is a walking steroid. And douchebag. 

16 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Peter Hunziker Has Been Terminated from Below Deck Mediterranean

Peter Hunziker has been terminated from Below Deck Mediterranean. Bravo and the series' production company, 51 Minds, confirmed in the following statement on Wednesday, June 17.

"Peter Hunziker of Below Deck Mediterranean has been terminated for his racist post. Bravo and 51 Minds are editing the show to minimize his appearance for subsequent episodes."

Peter first joined Below Deck Med as a deckhand in the current Season 5, which premiered on June 1 and has aired three episodes. As soon as the post was discovered, the decision was made to sever ties with the cast member. While the show is currently in post-production, Peter's role will be minimized in the back half of the season.

15 minutes ago, RPM said:

Peter Hunziker Has Been Terminated from Below Deck Mediterranean

Peter Hunziker has been terminated from Below Deck Mediterranean. Bravo and the series' production company, 51 Minds, confirmed in the following statement on Wednesday, June 17.

"Peter Hunziker of Below Deck Mediterranean has been terminated for his racist post. Bravo and 51 Minds are editing the show to minimize his appearance for subsequent episodes."

Peter first joined Below Deck Med as a deckhand in the current Season 5, which premiered on June 1 and has aired three episodes. As soon as the post was discovered, the decision was made to sever ties with the cast member. While the show is currently in post-production, Peter's role will be minimized in the back half of the season.

What was his post?  Or do we want to know?

He was 2nd or 3rd deck hand.

The post, which has been deleted, was a photo of a woman and made a joke about dating “the nice Caucasian guy Peter from whole foods.”  Unfortunately, the photo that accompanied the Instagram story is just as disgusting as the caption used.

1 minute ago, Ogie Ogilthorpe said:

SIAP - So is Bugsy the new second stew, then when Hannah leaves she becomes chief?

I would guess Interim, if that even happens. Did she leave before they ended the season? It was cut short by the Covid-19 outbreak. I think they only got 4 or 5 charters in before production was halted.

8 minutes ago, RPM said:

I would guess Interim, if that even happens. Did she leave before they ended the season? It was cut short by the Covid-19 outbreak. I think they only got 4 or 5 charters in before production was halted.

BD Med 5 was filmed last year. It will bea full season. 

2 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Hannahs such a whiny b.  You're mad because Bugsy is better than you at everything you do?  And you should be happy as Captain pointed out, you've now got a competent 2nd stew.

Plz. Bugsy undercut Hannah at every opportunity the last time they worked together. It was a power struggle. She even told Hannah to her face that she was a better Chief Stew. Sandy has a grudge or something against Hannah. She micromanages her like no other Captain does a Chief Stew. I personally think it's a repressed lesbian anger because she won't submit to a scissor... but I digress. I'm Team Hannah. Glad she snagged a rich real estate banker and is popping out pups. She said on WWHL w/ Andy Cohen last night that she's 5 months preggo.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 2:44 PM, Ogie Ogilthorpe said:

SIAP - So is Bugsy the new second stew, then when Hannah leaves she becomes chief?

Seems like where it is heading.

That Pete guy this week was wondering who was calling his boss "Sweetheart" was a bit funny. He's a dick. I wonder how many more episodes for Hannah. She's not a nice person. I don't care much for Captain Sandy. She gets too much air time. The inside girl under Hannah seems completely clueless about most things, but she sure is nice to view. 

This ep was already in the can when Doofus got fired and there wasn't a lot of wiggle room for recutting. They have cut him from the opening title and I expect if he's on any subsequent shows it will be limited to negative incidents.

5 hours ago, RPM said:

This ep was already in the can when Doofus got fired and there wasn't a lot of wiggle room for recutting. They have cut him from the opening title and I expect if he's on any subsequent shows it will be limited to negative incidents.

True, hopefully he’s put in a few episodes. Fuck that douchenozzle.

Malia is good. Hannah, and I used to like her, kinda sucks. I think once you hit 30 in the yachting industry, if you aren’t a captain or near it, you burn out and hate everything. 

Yep. It’s a young persons lifestyle. Once you have a family it sucks.

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Hannah, and I used to like her, kinda sucks.

I like Hannah, she's my favorite of the Chief Stews, but you're right about her not being at the top of her game. I think it's a combination of overall burnout, tired of Sandy's shit and tired of dealing with a shitty crew member. But the main reason is she found a rich guy and wanted to start popping out kids, which she's doing. I also agree with it being a young person's lifestyle. If you're over 30 and on a yacht you better be the Captain or the guest.

I finally watched this week’s episode. I can’t believe nobody mentioned the asshole New Yawk guy who wanted oysters....right away....or the dumbass primary guy who wanted to have his “child” with him as much as possible. Leave the dog at home with a friend or put it in the kennel. I’m with Hannah on this cast of wealthy misfits, I mean charter guests.  

Pete is still a dick.

I’m neither for, nor against, Bugs. But it also has to suck being stuck at port. 

The Dusche-level for New Yawk charter guests is pretty high.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

It’s also an odd assortment of friends, from the effeminate dog dad primary, to the ny yankee fan meathead, to the random Japanese couple. 

Definitely a Craigslist ad:  "Want to cruse the Med on a badass boat with me, and, occasionally, my child-dog?  Bottomless sparkling rose and oysters-on-demand guaranteed!  Diversity for good optics preferred.  212-555-1212."

• Like 3