Below Deck

RPM

On 7/21/2020 at 6:28 PM, Updawg said:

Yeah kiko was screwed. Those guests had way too many different styles and Hannah and crew didn’t help him out either

Kiko should have spoken directly to the guest to find out what they had in mind for a Vegas dinner than rely on Hanna.  She got him to change his menu then acted like she had nothing to do with it.  Real cunt.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 5:52 PM, Horn80 said:

Kiko should have spoken directly to the guest to find out what they had in mind for a Vegas dinner than rely on Hanna

So much this.  I don't understand why all of these chefs don't do this.  I also don't understand why the guests don't have the meals pre-planned in advance.  I've been in one situation like this (destination wedding) where I was in a very high end place with a private chef and every dinner for the week was pre-planned and discussed.  It's just stupid not to.

Kiko got screwed, he appears to be a great chef. He got bad advice from Hanna and she appeared to take responsibility for that in her cutaway but not to the crew. Sandy is a camera hog. I think she's jealous of the attention Lee gets so she's going to micromanage to get on screen.

Edited by RPM

On 7/30/2020 at 5:52 PM, Horn80 said:

Kiko should have spoken directly to the guest to find out what they had in mind for a Vegas dinner than rely on Hanna.  She got him to change his menu then acted like she had nothing to do with it.  Real cunt.

Ok after watching last night’s episode, I was completely wrong about Hanna.  Thought she didn’t care at all that Kiko got fired which was clearly not the case.  He seems like such a great guy and didn’t realize they were so close.   

Watched last night's episode. Kiko was in over his head but, he got railed a bit. He has to be able to cook something other than just Brazilian food for international charter guests. Hannah is so checked out. And she should have had Kiko's back with Sandy. Jess Tits is worthless as a worker. I wonder who Sandy was talking to at the end in the preview when she asked about drugs. Spot on prediction about the boyfriend coming to be the chef.

Personally, I think theme nights are stupid. It was supposed to be a 90s night but the one guy had an LL Cool J hat that looked more out of the 1980s and the I'm Bad video. That's just me but, if I am on a mega yacht I really don't want to be entertained by the crew. 

7 hours ago, Updawg said:

There was a slight mention of non prescription Valium when Hannah had her panic attack. I guess Malia rats her out.

Pete is my second guess for having something

Yeah he would be my second guess with his erratic behavior.  But Hannah's good for a valium or something else mention just about once an episode.

I seem to remember her telling Malia she had some "non prescribed" valium. 

Malia asked if it was a prescription and there was no response IIRC.

Honestly it sounded like that question was added in post to foreshadow the drug tease. It’s a weird question to ask in that moment at 3am.
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 7/28/2020 at 9:15 PM, The Ace of Aces said:

Calling Kiko was set up. How surprising he is being fired exactly as Malia!s yacht chef boyfriend is coming to visit for a while. 

And Sandy hovering over nachos on table and telling the guests they are unacceptable is about the most Bush league thing a manager can ever do. F her,

Give this man a prize.  

100% Hannah, with the valium, in her room. Malia rats,  because it's the right thing to do.

Below Deck, Malia and Friends. BFF Bugs the new chief stew. BF the chef.  Bet she has a another friend to be the 2nd stew on deck.

On 8/4/2020 at 7:23 PM, PittsburghTiger said:

Personally, I think theme nights are stupid. It was supposed to be a 90s night but the one guy had an LL Cool J hat that looked more out of the 1980s and the I'm Bad video. That's just me but, if I am on a mega yacht I really don't want to be entertained by the crew. 

Yep it is beyond dumb and cheesy but I’m thinking the charter guests are such egomaniacs that they make this request because they think it will ensure they get themselves more TV time for the episode.

Edited by Horn80

Hannah don't have no drugs. It's a guest for sure. 

I was so bummed about Kiko getting fired, but I do think it's the right move, he is nowhere on par with Ben/Adam from a presentation and completeness that you need for a Yacht that costs 100k for 3 days to charter. 

If you haven't watched Season 2 of BD:Med you should, Malia is a huge piece of shit person and having that context for this season is really critical to understand how fucking horrible she is when wielding any kind of authority.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, immamac said:

I was so bummed about Kiko getting fired, but I do think it's the right move, he is nowhere on par with Ben/Adam from a presentation and completeness that you need for a Yacht that costs 100k for 3 days to charter. 

Agree.  Even as Kiko noted, it was bizarre he could pull off a an eight course dinner for nine people on short notice but stunk it up after that.  He just needs more experience and better understand of common terminology (e.g. like what are over-easy eggs) for a Yacht that expensive.  Hanna’s suggestions were awful and he didn’t know better.

On 8/4/2020 at 5:28 PM, Moby Ric said:

Sandy may know how to drive a boat, but she has no idea how to manage or motivate people.

Yep. Like I said before, she's an absolute trainwreck as a manager. She just needs to stfu, get out of the galley, and drive the got damn boat.

2 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

This show is noting but an incestual circlejerk. Malia is a c, she snuck into Hannah’s room and went through her shit to find legal CBD and told Sandy days later. Sandy is a worse manager than Charlie.

I’m out.  

I'm not sure Sandy would have lost to Kansas. 

Once again, not many people to like on this crew.  The obviously pre-arranged fake interview and hiring of the new chef is really putting me off for future seasons.

Sandy is terrible, Hannah is terrible and likely fired, Jess is worthless, Malia may be a Bravo puppet at this point, Pete was so bad he's not even allowed to speak on camera any more.

Rob was ok at first, but him and Jess together are really cringey and gross.  

Alex seems fine.  He is going hard after Bugs which is probably going to be annoying af in an episode or two.

Hopefully Kiko bounces back from this, as he was set up to fail and was pulling it off up until the vegan crew destroyed his confidence.

Malia is a huge CeeUNextTuesday. This was a power play after she didn't get her way with the rooms and went to Sandy. I'm confident Hanna has a script for the Valium and CDB isn't narcotic or script. Nice that Malia calls it a "Weed Pen" on WWHL. Fuck her.

Man fuck Malia, what a bitch.  That was totally to get back at her for the cabin situation.  Shit like that will get around and nobody will want to work with you since you are a back stabbing rat.  If she knew about it before and did not report it she should be held accountable for something.

I like Malia’s arranging skills. So that’s prescribed Valium, CBD (which is legal in Spain), a lighter (not sure what this has to do with anything) and my passport holder... And for anyone who’s interested the prescription is on the other side of the box as shown... #belowdeckmed

spacer.png