Below Deck

RPM

‘Below Deck’ Charter Guest Charley Walters Says He Was Told To Be Demanding With the Crew

Below Deck charter guest Charley Walters revealed that he was told to be demanding on the show, responding affirmatively to a tweet he was told to “to act like a piece of sh*t to the crew.”

All this shit is fake. Just keep that in mind. cough Hannah cough

5 hours ago, RPM said:

‘Below Deck’ Charter Guest Charley Walters Says He Was Told To Be Demanding With the Crew

Below Deck charter guest Charley Walters revealed that he was told to be demanding on the show, responding affirmatively to a tweet he was told to “to act like a piece of sh*t to the crew.”

All this shit is fake. Just keep that in mind. cough Hannah cough

This. Holy shit guys with fishing boats my size have crews that are ten times more professional than these idiots. Y’all really think owners of mega million dollar yachts would put up with this kind of bullshit?

6 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

That stew (Amy) was pretty great too, despite the whole aggy thing.  

Agreed. She was North Texas / South Oklahoma chick. I immediately clicked with her personality (and body). Think I read she just married some rich guy, which is likely the goal of working where they work.

On 11/11/2020 at 8:22 PM, Deej said:

Waiting for Captain Lee to fire everyone and handle the rest of the charters by himself with broken ribs, like a boss. 

Does Lee ever fire anyone?  He seems like all bark and no bite.

Edited by Horn80

8 minutes ago, Deej said:

He did say last season was the first season he hadn't fired anyone. 

Remember Chef Leon?

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/which-crew-members-have-been-fired-on-below-deck-and-below-deck-med.html/

I haven’t seen all the episodes so only working from what I’ve seen so far and he’s not fired anyone especially one female stew that left the boat at night defying his direct orders.

The problem with the bosun and chief stew is that, while they are great at working the deck and interiors respectively, they are terrible leaders.  It's the same problem you see in every business. Great doers are promoted into leadership positions and their skillsets don't mean shit for being a good manager.

• Hook 'Em 1

Checking out this week's episode. The crew is really awful. I guess the owners of the yacht allow such an unprofessional crew because of TV.

The closest I ever came to being on something like that is when we rented an 87-foot boat for the day while in France. The boat came with two crew and a Captain. They were extremely professional, the opposite of these chuckleheads.

Even if much of it was staged that first guest group was terrible.

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

The problem with the bosun and chief stew is that, while they are great at working the deck and interiors respectively, they are terrible leaders.  It's the same problem you see in every business. Great doers are promoted into leadership positions and their skillsets don't mean shit for being a good manager.

That's because the crews are selected to make good TV, not be good at being crew.  A professional crew would have one tenth of the drama and be ten times more proficient at their jobs.  But that would not make for good TV, would it?

13 hours ago, RPM said:

The crew is shit, but Capt Lee said during the aftershow that changes were coming fast. I predict 2 new deck hands and 1 new (old familiar) stew.

Bring back Rocky for the lulz. 

"Meet your new deckhand, Eddie. And by the way, there's cameras in the laundry, now."

Edited by Deej

10 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Terrible episode this week. Captain Lee needs to open up a can on these incompetents. 

Looking forward to see it.  I don’t think you even try to give someone that sleeps on the job a second chance because he’s just a soft snow flake.  This crew has the most lame asses that I have seen so far.

On 11/19/2020 at 12:04 PM, Chewbacca said:

That's because the crews are selected to make good TV, not be good at being crew.  A professional crew would have one tenth of the drama and be ten times more proficient at their jobs.  But that would not make for good TV, would it?

Exactly. But we still have people on this thread thinking this is real.

9 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

So one of the kids that ate sushi on the chick plays qb for UNLV. The social justice crew caught him and he had to apologize for eating sushi on a model 

If I'm partying (big time) on mom and dad's dime, UNLV would be a pretty damn good place to go.

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

So one of the kids that ate sushi on the chick plays qb for UNLV. The social justice crew caught him and he had to apologize for eating sushi on a model 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30472123/unlv-qb-max-gilliam-apologizes-eating-sushi-model-episode-deck

espn.com with the story on its front page. 

4 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I looked him up the minute they said his name and said he was QB at UNLV. Surprised it took this long for it to come out.

Oh well, looks like Sunshine is about to be sent packing. Man, he and the second stew are the millennialest of millennials -- though I guess they're probably technically part of the generation that comes after millennials.

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

I looked him up the minute they said his name and said he was QB at UNLV. Surprised it took this long for it to come out.

Oh well, looks like Sunshine is about to be sent packing. Man, he and the second stew are the millennialest of millennials -- though I guess they're probably technically part of the generation that comes after millennials.

Yeah that’s Gen Z. The product of millennials fucking