A Very Brady Renovation

Sbbruin

Anyone else catch this on HGTV?  So HGTV buys the Brady Bunch house, which was only used for the exterior shots, and the Property Brothers renovate the interior to match the the show.  But in order to make the house on the outside match what the show had on the inside, they have to add about 2,000 sf, plus a second level which never existed.  All the Brady kids participate.  Being a kid who watched that show 10,000 times, it was actually pretty amazing what they were able to do.  First episode was just the exterior and the living room, stairway, but damn if it wasn't on point.

And yes Maureen McCormick is 63, but I'd still hit that shit all day long.  But I'm down with the "mature" genre.

• Like 1

I saw the Gas Monkey Brady station wagon conversion episode w/ Greg playing the role of facilitator. Marsha Marsha Marsha is still hot'ish.  Jan and Cindy are no bueno.

Cindy looks older (and more worn out) than Marsha. Marsha might have been in my head the first time I punched the clown.

This show is a whole lot better than I thought it was going to be.  Every Brady kid came back so there's a shit load of nostalgia factor.  Based on the way the renovation went last night, the construction and design team are top notch.  This is a must watch if you grew up watching the BB.  

A couple of questions - how much $$ in HGTV sinking into this thing?  Are they going to make a profit on this?  What the hell do you do with a house sized time capsule once it's finished?  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I saw the Gas Monkey Brady station wagon conversion episode w/ Greg playing the role of facilitator. Marsha Marsha Marsha is still hot'ish.  Jan and Cindy are no bueno.

Jan looks fine.  She's not hot by any means.  She looks like she could be your possibly cool aunt and grandmother.  Cindy looks like one of the Manson girls who eventually grew up but continued living the Spahn ranch lifestyle.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Jan looks fine.  She's not hot by any means.  She looks like she could be your possibly cool aunt and grandmother.  Cindy looks like one of the Manson girls who eventually grew up but continued living the Spahn ranch lifestyle.  

I'll go back and check, but I got a crazy aunt living in the attic vibe from her.  It's always been Marsha Marsha Marsha anyway... except for Mrs. Brady course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I'll go back and check, but I got a crazy aunt living in the attic vibe from her.  It's always been Marsha Marsha Marsha anyway... except for Mrs. Brady course.

I'd say we are in agreement then.  Crazy aunt in the attice = possibly cool aunt.   She let's you come up to the attic and party as long as you share your weed with her and bring her a pack of cigarettes.   When I typed that, I was approaching it as my 15 year old self.   

2 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I'd say we are in agreement then.  Crazy aunt in the attice = possibly cool aunt.   She let's you come up to the attic and party as long as you share your weed with her and bring her a pack of cigarettes.   When I typed that, I was approaching it as my 15 year old self.   

We are definitely in agreement.

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Anyone else catch this on HGTV?  So HGTV buys the Brady Bunch house, which was only used for the exterior shots, and the Property Brothers renovate the interior to match the the show.  But in order to make the house on the outside match what the show had on the inside, they have to add about 2,000 sf, plus a second level which never existed.  All the Brady kids participate.  Being a kid who watched that show 10,000 times, it was actually pretty amazing what they were able to do.  First episode was just the exterior and the living room, stairway, but damn if it wasn't on point.

And yes Maureen McCormick is 63, but I'd still hit that shit all day long.  But I'm down with the "mature" genre.

JFC, Food Network was pimping the fuck out of this on Sunday/Monday. 

On 9/10/2019 at 1:27 PM, Go Pokes said:

A couple of questions - how much $$ in HGTV sinking into this thing?  Are they going to make a profit on this?  What the hell do you do with a house sized time capsule once it's finished?  

Just heard the first episode was the highest rated show in HGTV history.  So, yeah...I’d say they’re gonna be able to sell a few ads and make it pencil out.

Watched the 2nd ep last night.  One of the things they are having to deal with, which is interesting, is the 4th wall, where the camera normally was.  What to do there?  Mike's den had a whole big raised area there, which obviously didn't exist.  But the kids' bedrooms were pretty spot on.  And Sherwood Schwartz' daughter, who was in a few episodes, like 

spacer.png

donating the original Kitty Carry-All doll was cool.