Apple Special Event, September 2019

atomheartbevo

Has anyone been able to get Audio Sharing to work?

It was one of the main features announced back in June, but no one’s been talking about it this week.

I can get the “bring another device close to your phone” pop-up, but nothing happens after I do that.

Clearly I’m becoming an old.

5 minutes ago, Welch said:

Has anyone been able to get Audio Sharing to work?

It was one of the main features announced back in June, but no one’s been talking about it this week.

I can get the “bring another device close to your phone” pop-up, but nothing happens after I do that.

Clearly I’m becoming an old.

That is part of 13.1 according to this - https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/09/20/audio-sharing-in-ios-13-to-more-beats-headwear

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 5:03 PM, atomheartbevo said:

If anybody is wondering, Apple Watch 5 has the same battery and CPU as the 4, mainly just has a different display.

Which is exactly why they disco'd the 4.  Can't take away from new unit sales. Always on display is a feature that I don't see being worthy of an upgrade. 

• 1 month later...

if you fools wait a few months, there will be almost perfect chinese clones at a fraction of the price. the airpods 1 and 2 clones are damned near perfect for $30. i bought my wife and daughter clone sets. when compared to the original airpod 2 that i bought awhile back for my other daughter, you almost cannot determine the difference. physically, you cannot determine a difference. the only differences i saw were the real ones lasted about 5 hours, the clones last about 4. and the speaker call quality is worse on the clones but not too noticeably. the already cloned the W1 chip. certainly the difference do not amount to 4-5X increase for the price of the real ones. 

the only thing new that they'll have to clone with the new one is the ANC which shouldn't be a big deal since there are already plenty of wireless earbuds which have ANC.

FYI; those of you with an 11 or 11 Pro (Max as well) and like Apple cases, well, this is your lucky day.  Amazon has every color, in silicon and leather, at a significant savings:

https://9to5toys.com/2019/11/04/amazon-iphone-11-case-sale/

Amazon is now offering all-time low prices on Apple’s latest iPhone 11/Pro/Max cases from $23.99. Free shipping is available for Prime members or in orders of $25+. There are multiple colors available in nearly every instance, so be sure to check out all of the listings at each link below. Here’s a full breakdown of pricing:

iPhone 11:

Clear Case: $24 (Reg. $35)

Silicone Cases: $24 (Reg. $39)

iPhone 11 Pro:

Clear Case: $24 (Reg. $39)

Leather Cases: $30 (Reg. $49)

Leather Folios: $78 (Reg. $129)

iPhone 11 Pro Max:

Clear Case: $24 (Reg. $39)

Leather Cases: $30 (Reg. $49)

Leather Folios: $78 (Reg. $129)

Best Buy is matching select listings at this time, marking a return to the lowest prices we’ve tracked to date. This is a rare chance to save on Apple’s first-party accessories, and frankly, a rather unheard of discount just a few after these products were announced at September’s keynote event.

• 10 months later...
58 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Looks like the iPad Air almost replaces the Pro. How long does it take after launch for deals to start happening? The 256GB wifi Air is $749.

a few weeks ago they were running deals for the ipad air 3. it involved bundled deals with Airpod Pros and Gen 2, basically about $150+ off. i haven't seen any lately.

you guys need to start regularly consulting slickdeals.net, or at least set up alerts. if you care about saving money or buying shit just because you can get a deal, then that's your site.

Edited by crash_davis

56 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Looks like the iPad Air almost replaces the Pro. How long does it take after launch for deals to start happening? The 256GB wifi Air is $749.

I want the 256GB as well.

Good deals, like the Apple.com refurbished deals, will probably take 4-6 months.

But, current iPad Pros that are refurbished are down around $750 with 256GB, even if they are a generation older, and that's preferable.

But damn those Airs are nice.