Changes to the Politics (Cloak Room) coming soon

immamac

On 9/18/2019 at 5:04 AM, tjhooker said:

That's exactly the point I think you're missing. We don't post in there anymore because it is a cesspool of left group think where any counter thought is immediately struck down as racist, Nazi, homophobic followed by personal attacks and threats then being negged to oblivion.  You are exactly right. You haven't seen us in there in a long time. 

We all get it. You took your ball and went home. 

Come back whenever you like.

8 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Does anyone really think Slorch, Hooker, , Icon, Sack and the other nimwits would have quit the CR if Hillary had won?  You are a fucking liar if you think so, they'd be in there every hour bitching about her, posting memes, and cracking jokes   They quit for one reason, Trump, they have realized he is indefensible, so they ran away, plain and simple.

This is the truth. They have apparently gotten tired of trying to defend the indefensible and getting negged for their idiotic takes. 

I predict they will return before the next election though. They will constantly attack whoever the dem nominee is. They are saving up rep by giving each other rep for non controversial posts on other boards now so they don’t get banned when they do return to the cloak room. Not a bad tactic. 

8 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Does anyone really think Slorch, Hooker, , Icon, Sack and the other nimwits would have quit the CR if Hillary had won?  You are a fucking liar if you think so, they'd be in there every hour bitching about her, posting memes, and cracking jokes   They quit for one reason, Trump, they have realized he is indefensible, so they ran away, plain and simple.

They don't think like me so they ain't got to smarts.  I will call them bad names and that will show them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CR can be used effectively.  I don't do twitter and I don't do much for TV news either, none of the channels.  I read a few online newpapers for specific articles but when something happens and I get a pop up on my phone with an article for some thing that happened, I also come here and check the relevant thread for commentary and for links.  it's actually an efficient way to catch up on the news.  you just have to watch your step because it's like a dog park with rude dog owners that won't clean up after their pups.  there is shit everywhere, but if you navigate it well (flat out ignore dipshits) then you can get interesting takes, links to stories, and then move on about your day.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2019 at 12:56 PM, Ted Lange said:

Wrong. I was a Gary Johnson voter for reals. Got tired of the ridiculous negs for being anti-illegal immigration and despising the Squad and unprovoked shaming of my past personal struggles 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

12 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Wrong. I was a Gary Johnson voter for reals. Got tired of the ridiculous negs for being anti-illegal immigration and despising the Squad.

If you don't hate Trump with all of your being, well, pardner, you love Trump.  Can't you just feel it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

There's a slight difference between being anti-illegal immigration and having a hard on to go fire rubber bullets at people.

Anyone anti-illegals in the CR shithole is accused of being racist and hating brown people. It doesn’t matter if you’re trolling and joking like I did about crowd control or not.

15 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

There's a slight difference between being anti-illegal immigration and having a hard on to go fire rubber bullets at people.

Not in the eyes of the cabal.  If you're anti illegal immigration you're just a racist  plain and simple.

The ignorance wafts from their posts like stone crabs left in the sun for a few days.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tjhooker said:

Uh no, posted in there for a good bit until the nonsense got out of control.  bad take.

And in Surly, when Obama was President and there was Hillary to make fun of.....then Trump cranked up the nonsense, and insanity and indefensible idiocy and you like the others quit and then whine about the cabal.  There was a cabal on the other side for 8years.  Oh well, If Biden ends up President and ends up acting 1/8th as looney as Trump, I’d probably quit the politics board too, but I want be too big a pussy to admit the reason. 

• Like 1

I agree neg bombing is uber lame.  I think I have given maybe 2 negs in the politics board/cr and have handed out rep to folks I disagree with, including sack, because they made me laugh.  

If all you guys who claim to not be Trumpers, actually posted like you don’t like him and din’t vote for him, maybe most wouldn’t think you are frauds. 

On 9/23/2019 at 12:56 PM, Ted Lange said:

I repped you but this is all kinds of obvious.  I find it truly comical that anyone would argue this.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Wrong. I made it a point to say rubber bullets in my trolling lest anyone think I was truly violent and mentally disturbed.

And then you later posted saying how you went to church and felt so terrible after Jesus reminded you it's wrong to encourage violent acts of vigilante """justice""". Especially after the multiple mass shootings in Texas carried out by people saying the same taking points as you were, I'm glad to hear that you didn't mean all those words that other people who actually shot at immigrants said. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

I agree neg bombing is uber lame.  I think I have given maybe 2 negs in the politics board/cr and have handed out rep to folks I disagree with, including sack, because they made me laugh.  

If all you guys who claim to not be Trumpers, actually posted like you don’t like him and din’t vote for him, maybe most wouldn’t think you are frauds. 

Love it. Talk the way we do, and all is cool.  Jesus, listen to yourself.  The cabal in full force.

On 9/25/2019 at 10:31 PM, tjhooker said:

You could argue otherwise if CR posters doxxed SSS stuff and wished death on my kids and I.  You may be able to see the other side.  Probably not, because I know you.  That's why I exited it.  It's a vile group.

So which poster wished death on you and your kids? Did you report them before you took your ball and went home? 

9 hours ago, Armybrat said:

It appears one of the changes to the CR forum is its permanent expansion into the Daily Texan forum.

That makes two forums here to avoid getting da mental aids.

I agree that it's wholly inappropriate to bring up California's social welfare policies in an unrelated thread concerning PG&E's blackouts to reduce wildfire risk.

• Like 1