Changes to the Politics (Cloak Room) coming soon

immamac

21 hours ago, Armybrat said:

It appears one of the changes to the CR forum is its permanent expansion into the Daily Texan forum.

That makes two forums here to avoid getting da mental aids.

Can't imagine how politics might creep into a thread about the US abandoning it's ally for seemingly no reason. That's a completely non political thread. 

Current events are pretty fucked up right now. You can't really ignore the actors of a story and still actually discuss it. Sorry that hurts your fee-fees

On 10/11/2019 at 6:56 AM, Captainant said:

Can't imagine how politics might creep into a thread about the US abandoning it's ally for seemingly no reason. That's a completely non political thread. 

Current events are pretty fucked up right now. You can't really ignore the actors of a story and still actually discuss it. Sorry that hurts your fee-fees

On 10/10/2019 at 9:33 AM, Armybrat said:

It appears one of the changes to the CR forum is its permanent expansion into the Daily Texan forum.

That makes two forums here to avoid getting da mental aids.

Seems like your shy one thread.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

On 9/21/2019 at 5:18 PM, Tom said:

I'm not sure what a "blind neg" is.  I see a shitty post, I neg.  There's nothing blind about it.  I don't neg often, but you're one of maybe two people I've encountered that get so butthurt over it you go through someone's posting history to neg every post they've made on any forum to retaliate.  Then you publicly bitch about your negging.  That is the definition of crying. 

Oh, then you leave sweet, endearing private messages like this:

Screenshot%202019-09-19%20at%205.42.34%2

In conclusion....

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611acb3da00af8520a83c

This times a million. I negged Iceman for posting some dumb shit and then he negged a bunch of my posts in the football board.

Little asshole likes to accuse people of the very shit he's been doing, just like his hero.

Edited by Pam Cummings

On 9/25/2019 at 9:47 PM, tjhooker said:

Please, scroll up and at least try to understand why a number of right leaning posters stopped posting.  There weren't many of us in CR anyway.  Nothing to do with Trump.  In fact, I never voted for him.  

You are not a "right leaning poster". You, sack, icono, onboard, are all fucking wing nuts. Absolute fringe idiots.

32 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

This times a million. I negged Iceman for posting some dumb shit and then he negged a bunch of my posts in the football board.

Little asshole likes to accuse people of the very shit he's been doing, just like his hero.

You started it.  You assumed it might be a 1:1 transaction.

Don't start shit.  Won't be none.  Be a fucking cunt, and you get the horns.

It's that fucking simple.  Don't start it....  but y'all cannot resist being bitches. You bring nothing to the board but shit stirring.  Then you take you potshot negs and get all outraged when someone answers back.  Get the fuck over it.  I haven't posted in CR in 3 months, aside from the Mark Milley thread I started.

Yet, here's my fucking name again.

Edited by Iceman

Go look at the Art Briles thread. Everyone on this website except for Baylor trolls agree that the man is a disgrace. He cheats, he lies, and denies knowing about the lying and the cheating. He enables rape, he lies and denies knowing about the rape. But we all see through it because we have common sense. Point it out and people will agree with it.

Now try saying that Trump, a person who called Jeff Epstein one of his GOOD FRIENDS, might be a piece of shit who at minimum is a rape enabler. Try saying it anywhere. See how fast you get told to take it to CR.

Because, you see, on this website, we apparently have higher standards of integrity for a football coach than we do for the president of the fucking country. And you wonder why CR gets the way it does.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Iceman said:

You started it.  You assumed it might be a 1:1 transaction.

Don't start shit.  Won't be none.  Be a fucking cunt, and you get the horns.

It's that fucking simple.  Don't start it....  but y'all cannot resist being bitches. You bring nothing to the board but shit stirring.  Then you take you potshot negs and get all outraged when someone answers back.  Get the fuck over it.  I haven't posted in CR in 3 months, aside from the Mark Milley thread I started.

Yet, here's my fucking name again.

You seem hangry. Go raid Stoops' bag o' dicks you gaping pussy.

Edited by Pam Cummings

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

You are not a "right leaning poster". You, sack, icono, onboard, are all fucking wing nuts. Absolute fringe idiots.

Dear miss Cummings,

You calling anyone fringe or wing nut is fucking hilarious, you're a cartoon character, a poorly drawn one.

sincerely,

Reality

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

You and the cabal are not interested in good faith political discussions. Enjoy the echoes...

Again, leave me the fuck out of your whining posts.  

Thx. Bai...

49 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Dear miss Cummings,

You calling anyone fringe or wing nut is fucking hilarious, you're a cartoon character, a poorly drawn one.

sincerely,

Reality

Speaking of echoes

• Like 2

On 10/13/2019 at 1:58 PM, Michael Knight said:

Actually it is the perfect example of what's wrong with the Cloak Room and why rep should be disabled in there. @immamac

He made a humorous post about a goofy professor who was seriously claiming an innocent cartoon was politically evil, that's the perfect type of political nuttiness to be mocked.  Which CR does all the time if it is mocking the conservative side.  Yet when it laughs at the political left, he gets 3 dozen negs.

Lighten up, Francis.  What a bunch of humorless, seething, control freak hypocrites.   

Which kills off participation in CR, because new posters without much rep aren't going to take the risk of debating.  Negs are used to keep it a Democrat echo chamber.  If you are going to keep the neg function in there, then how about some accuracy and rename it the Democrat Political forum.  Or maybe the We're the Party of Tolerance forum....

Or perhaps just do away with rep entirely.  I don't think it adds anything.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

I suppose technically you might be right but it damn sure plays in as a factor to why I vitriolically oppose everything the current Democrat Party stands for.

6 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

He made a humorous post about a goofy professor who was seriously claiming an innocent cartoon was politically evil, that's the perfect type of political nuttiness to be mocked. 

Say what now? You must not be familiar with his posting history and apparently your taste in humor sucks ass. 

16 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Actually it is the perfect example of what's wrong with the Cloak Room and why rep should be disabled in there. @immamac

He made a humorous post about a goofy professor who was seriously claiming an innocent cartoon was politically evil, that's the perfect type of political nuttiness to be mocked.  Which CR does all the time if it is mocking the conservative side.  Yet when it laughs at the political left, he gets 3 dozen negs.

Lighten up, Francis.  What a bunch of humorless, seething, control freak hypocrites.   

Except he's not making a humorous post, and as far as his posting indicates, he really fully believes that. And is literally using some random professor's views on spongebob fucking squarepants as justification for his political viewpoint.

And you think that he shouldn't get dunked on for that? Lighten up, Francis. Don't be a humorless, seething, control freak hypocrite.

Edited by Captainant

So...are we supposed to let shitposts like what @Jim Tom Pinch has been rolling out be tolerated?

How about the fucktard in FB that racked up 50something red before he shut up?

Y'all are fucking brutal in sports threads. I don't want to think about how it would go for a noob that came in here Monday pumping sunshine defending the coaching staff. 

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

Which kills off participation in CR, because new posters without much rep aren't going to take the risk of debating.  Negs are used to keep it a Democrat echo chamber.  If you are going to keep the neg function in there, then how about some accuracy and rename it the Democrat Political forum.  Or maybe the We're the Party of Tolerance forum....

Or perhaps just do away with rep entirely.  I don't think it adds anything.

Well humorous for sure, but stating it's a reason you vote for Trump (or anyone for that matter) was not the sharpest point on a stick to make.  Having said that the cabal will not tolerate any bashing of a left leaning idea regardless of the post, especially if a right wing poster is the one doing the lampooning. yeah but.... Trump, yeah but republicans, yeah but conservatards, ETC. ETC. ETC.

It will try to downplay the bizarre concepts bizarreness, and act like its outside the norm. Here's a PRO TIP:  The left is made up of fringe groups all vying for power, and a harder swerve to the left.  The right  has their fringe element as well so there's no single party ownership of that concept.

Negs to follow from the predictable posters.  Y'all have a neg rep day now.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

So...are we supposed to let shitposts like what @Jim Tom Pinch has been rolling out be tolerated?

How about the fucktard in FB that racked up 50something red before he shut up?

Y'all are fucking brutal in sports threads. I don't want to think about how it would go for a noob that came in here Monday pumping sunshine defending the coaching staff. 

I don't know what you mean, I thought that the O line did great. I'm also blind!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

More interested in State Legislature discussion/redistricting/ and polling/elections in 2020-2022. Sprinkle in some salt about the Castro brothers every now and then. Have fond memories from interning and working at the Capitol from the interim and through the 82nd session.

Not trying to meddle with Trump 2020 election talk. I know how to ignore users.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

More interested in State Legislature discussion/redistricting/ and polling/elections in 2020-2022. Sprinkle in some salt about the Castro brothers every now and then. Have fond memories from interning and working at the Capitol from the interim and through the 82nd session.

The daughter was a Capitol Hill intern in Va. back in the day. She wasn't the same kid when she came back home.  Living "on her own" at the hotel just off the capitol square made her think parents were optional.  A group of really smart, motivated, involved, type A personality kids.

I've never seen so much crying from a group of kids in my life, boys and girls at the last day of the session.

On 12/22/2019 at 9:43 AM, StassneyHorn said:

You too can participate in the mosh pit. 

I think it's fifty posts. Any old place will do. 

If it gets to be too much to handle and you just can't avoid going there with your own willpower I think there's a provision now that immamac can block you from it at your request. 

If you just want to talk around the subject at hand there's the Daily Texan. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 4:00 PM, immamac said:

In an attempt to discourage people from going into a degenerate spiral into the darkness that is Cloak Room we are going to start running ads ONLY in cloak room and it's threads regardless if you are a member or not. Treefiddy peeps will never see ads ever, these ads are actually going to be treated like a totally different site and will most likely be political in nature.

Please help yourself and stop posting there.

@blacklab

Someone mentioned it in one of the threads that got overrun by CR trolls, but would it be possible to restrict people that have 50% or more of their posts in CR from posting elsewhere for X amount of days (or forever?)?  Or maybe it is 70%. I don’t know.  But when people signup and their first post is in CR, and 90% of their posts are in CR, it gets really annoying when they do drive by trolling. 

• Like 2