Changes to the Politics (Cloak Room) coming soon

immamac

Guest Lobo

But racism and pedophilia will continue to be tacitly endorsed by the moderators, right?  Just want to make sure we're all on the same page and avoid hurting feelings of stupid people who somehow get to freely associate themselves with the University at Texas at Austin...where some of us work.  You fucking imbeciles.  

Edited by Lobo

We’ve done this dance before...

I dunno, but I really enjoy watching out and out racism get treated with kids' gloves by this website because they all belong to the same klan/fraternity.  This'll all look really good down the road.  Fucking animals.  

No racism has been a shaggy rule from day 1. What are you talking about?

to what are you referring?

The fuck are you talking about?

It’s little subtle digs here and there, and I think we’re better than that.  But yeah, I was being overly sensitive.  I admit it. 

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

But racism and pedophilia will continue to be tacitly endorsed by the moderators, right?  Just want to make sure we're all on the same page and avoid hurting feelings of stupid people who somehow get to freely associate themselves with the University at Texas at Austin...where some of us work.  You fucking imbeciles.  

Dude, shut the fuck up

Guest Lobo

Gotcha.  Didn't realize there was a "dude, shut the fuck up" being distributed.  I'll pipe down now.  I'll let the tough guys get back to owning the site.  Didn't realize you were a member of that one particular frat house that's now considered the most awesomest.  My bad.  

Just as an aside---you ever think about what a constant source of disappointment you are to your father?  

Edited by Lobo

So these posters that have “no CR” under their avatars. They’ve self banned themselves from posting in CR? These people that used to get really, really involved in CR and have such a mental problem that they have to be prevented from posting there anymore, are now free to post anywhere except you know the place where politics is actually allowed? They should have been locked IN the CR.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, justhookit said:

So these posters that have “no CR” under their avatars. They’ve self banned themselves from posting in CR? These people that used to get really, really involved in CR and have such a mental problem that they have to be prevented from posting there anymore, are now free to post anywhere except you know the place where politics is actually allowed? They should have been locked IN the CR.

You might have a point if I didn't post anywhere else on the board or was starting shit politically in other threads, but holy shit, Batman; that ain't the case, now is it?

It was a personal choice for me.  No harm no foul.  It's absolutely fucking amazing how there's a handful of people who insist, "No, you shouldn't be allowed to avoid CR..."

I post in the football, basketball, and baseball boards no problem.

TV and music boards occasionally.  Quite a bit in the food/ beer board.  Active in Fantasy Football threads in gambool.  No problems.

Whatever.  The color yellow prolly makes you sad too... crybaby.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Iceman said:

You might have a point if I didn't post anywhere else on the board or was starting shit politically in other threads, but holy shit, Batman; that ain't the case, now is it?

It was a personal choice for me.  No harm no foul.  It's absolutely fucking amazing how there's a handful of people who insist, "No, you shouldn't be allowed to avoid CR..."

TV and music boards occasionally.  Quite a bit in the food/ beer board.  Active in Fantasy Football threads in gambool.  No problems.

Well hell, I have plenty of posts over there, but I keep my politics over there as well as I can. I haven't had any complaints at least.

Yeah idk what the fuck this lobo narrative of rampant racism and shit is. 

If the CR stuff continues to be an issue once sports start back up and the main thread isn't a covid thread then I'll start being a lot more heavy handed to the point of maybe spinning off the politics portion of the site entirely (shared usernames and all that). Right now I think it's a bit stupid and hornsfans like to ban people for politics or really anything except the cardinal sins:

Death/violence threats

Anything racist sexist and all that. 

Straight trolling. 

Spammers.

Being derka.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Can we toss in passive aggressive CRing in nonCR threads? It's like being stuck in the back seat on a roadtrip with your little brother going "I'm not touching you" and not being able to smack him or Dad is gonna turn this car around.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Gotcha.  Didn't realize there was a "dude, shut the fuck up" being distributed.  I'll pipe down now.  I'll let the tough guys get back to owning the site.  Didn't realize you were a member of that one particular frat house that's now considered the most awesomest.  My bad.  

Just as an aside---you ever think about what a constant source of disappointment you are to your father?  

Never was in a frat, and my dad is plenty proud. Thanks for asking 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

If the CR stuff continues to be an issue once sports start back up and the main thread isn't a covid thread then I'll start being a lot more heavy handed to the point of maybe spinning off the politics portion of the site entirely (shared usernames and all that). Right now I think it's a bit stupid and hornsfans like to ban people for politics or really anything except the cardinal sins:

Death/violence threats

Straight trolling. 

Spammers.

Being derka.

You gonna spin off DT too? The no politics exception thread is about as political as it can get. 

• Like 2

Guest Lobo
1 hour ago, immamac said:

Death/violence threats

Straight trolling. 

Spammers.

Being derka.

You allow overt examples of racism and underage sex crimes.  You've allowed a very clear death wish to be posted to my direction.  You allow posters who post other posters' real names on here.  

We can live with it because you're an incompetent fuckwad.  Just know you don't even do your free job well, I can't imagine the idiocy with which you conduct yourself at your dayjob.  

Your website comes up when potential students and their families search "University of Texas message boards" and the insanity you allow gets to their attention.  

I know you've got a big job to do, so nobody is blaming you.  Just know you allow racism and you're fucking incompetent.  You wanna go deeper on the topic, lemme know

It's impossible you're this stupid. 

Edited by Lobo

You allow overt examples of racism and underage sex crimes.  You've allowed a very clear death wish to be posted to my direction.  You allow posters who post other posters' real names on here.  
We can live with it because you're an incompetent fuckwad.  Just know you don't even do your free job well, I can't imagine the idiocy with which you conduct yourself at your dayjob.  
Your website comes up when potential students and their families search "University of Texas message boards" and the insanity you allow gets to their attention.  
I know you've got a big job to do, so nobody is blaming you.  Just know you allow racism and you're fucking incompetent.  You wanna go deeper on the topic, lemme know
It's impossible you're this stupid. 
Bro shut the fuck up for real.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I don't read the stupid fucking threads that everyone is whining about because I don't want to. For a community that has prided itself on self moderation since it started there sure have been a lot of whiny little cunts lately concerned about getting their feelings hurt because someone disagrees with their "team" politically or people treat politics like it's some awful taboo dark web shit.

I can't wait for the off-season to be over this year because it hasnt been any fun this year. Instead of Romeo Rose and fitlump or naoch and both tacos it's been filled with worthless talk about a fucking virus. Instead of being a fun place to talk shit and make dick jokes on the internet everyone decided to make this their main repository for a news aggregator and a place where they think their opinion actually matters for something like a pandemic. It truly is a beating, but I understand why this is happening we are in uncharted territory for everyone except armybrat who was alive for the 1918 version. I just wish instead of a stupid covid thread reaching 1 million+ views it was a thread on Korean baseball or some stupid girl who was sucking dicks behind the Albertsons dumpster and not a virus no one on this board can do a fucking thing about. 

• Like 6

Guest Lobo

Hey to immamac's last post!!!!!  That girl wasn't stupid.  A girl sucking dick behind an Albertson's was an essential worker before that was even a fucking thing!!!!  You bite your tongue

And SDG---the adults were having a comedic back and forth.  Nobody really gives a shit.  We'll all continue to waste our time on here, thank you very much.  

Nobody's feelings are hurt.  You weren't needed in real life and you're not needed on here.  

Edited by Lobo

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

I don't read the stupid fucking threads that everyone is whining about because I don't want to. For a community that has prided itself on self moderation since it started there sure have been a lot of whiny little cunts lately concerned about getting their feelings hurt because someone disagrees with their "team" politically or people treat politics like it's some awful taboo dark web shit.

I can't wait for the off-season to be over this year because it hasnt been any fun this year. Instead of Romeo Rose and fitlump or naoch and both tacos it's been filled with worthless talk about a fucking virus. Instead of being a fun place to talk shit and make dick jokes on the internet everyone decided to make this their main repository for a news aggregator and a place where they think their opinion actually matters for something like a pandemic. It truly is a beating, but I understand why this is happening we are in uncharted territory for everyone except armybrat who was alive for the 1918 version. I just wish instead of a stupid covid thread reaching 1 million+ views it was a thread on Korean baseball or some stupid girl who was sucking dicks behind the Albertsons dumpster and not a virus no one on this board can do a fucking thing about. 

Straight up. 

I'm a political junkie. I was in CR when it was all about Hillbitch and life was good because she ain't the President. 

I put up with it. I left them alone to crow. I'd participate in regular poo flinging because I enjoy it too. It's not that radically different than a sports thread. I'll fling shit in the hockey thread at a poster that I might rep in politics. Or the reverse. I can compartmentalize sports and politics even if they share some traits.

Hunter S. Thompson rode with Nixon in his Presidential Limo and talked football. It can be done. Even in polarizing times we can still find some common ground. The help threads, lulz, music, and the almighty bowl of chili. 

I didn't come here for the political debate. But, it's an amazing aggregation of news and sources.

Harevye is fuck you.

That nugget of gold had fuck all to do with sports and I'll never forget it. That's the kind of gold in the middle of a goddamn catastrophe that makes this place so valuable to me. 

I'm sorry you have to put up with us, the buncha assholes. 

Thank you. 

Tree fiddy every month to put up with us.

You're going to earn it 

• Like 1

Maybe pay some fucking attention to the board of which you are ostensibly the moderator of and you'd know.  You're a fucking embarrassment.  Hand it over to blacklab.  Seriously dude you fucking suck.  You just made a post about whining about how hard this board is to moderate.  Either get the fuck in or get the fuck out. 

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

Look, I think after this is all over, Rex Kramer and I should get an apartment together /ChampKind

Seriously, we all need to go back outside, we're losing our fucking minds.  ;) 

OK, immamac, here's a PM conversation with me and another poster I'll leave nameless unless they choose to get involved:  

Me:  

Hey... Random question, but were you one of the posters that said they had posts regarding Raydog and his apparent pedophilia removed while leaving Raydogs original posts up? 

Other Poster:  

Yep. A couple different waves of them in the DT thread, some totally unrelated to posting pictures of underage girls and calling out the HCQ/Chinese government lab engineered virus stuff.  That dude is a fucking creep. 

I just read every raydog post from Feb 15 until today - I just gathered that he lives in the Philippines and pays for sex a lot? Is that against some kind of rules? 

image.thumb.png.b3aa65f8885c954d7fe1bc37c1e043f3.png

status.surlyhorns.com 

image.thumb.png.28d4aa0e84e136bed6ffd4b25613843d.png

image.thumb.png.ad47619a2744e77f8a132334276a2d8d.png

sorry april sucked and there were a few kinks worked out in may, but the site is a lot more than "barely running". with most of the downtime from above being accounted for outside of those 2 months with forum updates.

• Like 1

Oh wait... I got another PM from the poster in question and I believe in printing the retraction in the same sized font as the accusation.  immamac, please accept my sincere apology:    

I saw that thread. One thing I know is that blacklab is the mod who told me to chill on calling raydogs shit out and deleted at least one wave of the posts where I was calling it out.  I laid off it and BradInATX brought it up again so I chimed in.  That wave got deleted as well, but not sure by who.

• Fuck You 1

I am not really looking to kick up the hornet's nest, but there were a few different waves of posts calling out RayDog's creepiness that got ghosted.  The second one, started by another poster, after I got told to knock off the white knighting of filipino women. I don't really give a shit about being moderated on it, and RayDog appears to have taken a break this week after the self-moderation kicked in with a broad array of posters calling it out. The DT thread has turned into a real shit show, so I can understand the attempt to reel it in on topic. But the truth remains that this board was founded around self-moderation, so I think it is generally best to let that stuff play out.  He posted a picture of a 16 year old girl, leaving himself a trail of deniability. That shit got pointed out as horseshit, and that post and others got ghosted, probably cause they were off topic and annoying. But it just led to another poster pointing it out and wondering why it was being tolerated on this board. 

I don't even read that thread because it's so aids. Sorry I missed that I'm happy to discuss this further in PMs or in plain sight. I read 1 post at a time when they are reported and either put people in the mod queue or delete the post if it's just a shitpost.

Maybe pay some fucking attention to the board of which you are ostensibly the moderator of and you'd know.  You're a fucking embarrassment.  Hand it over to blacklab.  Seriously dude you fucking suck.  You just made a post about whining about how hard this board is to moderate.  Either get the fuck in or get the fuck out. 

Oh wait... I got another PM from the poster in question and I believe in printing the retraction in the same sized font as the accusation.  immamac, please accept my sincere apology:    

Life comes at you fast

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

I don't even read that thread because it's so aids. Sorry I missed that I'm happy to discuss this further in PMs or in plain sight. I read 1 post at a time when they are reported and either put people in the mod queue or delete the post if it's just a shitpost.

Yeah I don't think anyone thought you were the one ghosting all the posts. And I think maybe some of the deletions stemmed from people shitting on him for posting gobbledygook and pseudoscience crap with regard to COVID-19 in the COVID-19 thread since everything in there is now reportable for some reason.

The bottom line on RayDog is he's a creepy old fuck that brags about all the young, disadvantaged Filipino girls he pays for sex (I realize it's not all black and white and the girls are using him too, but it's the giddy contribution to the sex trafficking industry in a poor country that irks me and probably isn't something you want someone to see if they google "Texas Longhorns message board") which is creepy enough in itself but some of the girls he posted...you'd have to show me a laundry list of iron clad proof for me to believe they weren't underage. And on top of that you have a handful these middle-aged fucking weirdos cheering him on as if it's something to brag about. And of course it's all posted in the COVID-19 thread for some bizarre reason.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Iceman said:

I didn’t mention you by name - or anyone - you fucking moron (but hey you were really quick to respond) , certainly wasn’t crying about anything, and well back to not calling any poster out by name I was making a point that you can’t understand. I get that. Just so your pea brain can comprehend, it’s both sides that have made the DT covid thread unreadable. Strangely and I hate to admit this here, I’m on “your” political side. Post away on the football, basketball, food, whatever boards. If you bring politics there you’ll get castrated.

I definitely didn’t insist you shouldn’t be allowed to avoid CR. You certainly have that right or whatever you want to call it but nobody was actually forcing you to post in the Cloak Room either. What I was getting at is that someone lacking the mental capacity or restraint to not post there, to the point they actually have to ask the site owners to ban them from posting there, isn’t going to have the restraint to not post political opinions on other threads, specifically the ones found in DT.

Knock yourself out in football where you and aggy can discuss all that history, or in food where you can enlighten us all on the enjoyment that is Outback.

Edit- this is going to go way over your head, but I posted my original post, and this one, here in this thread instead of on the DT covid thread.  It’s a good brain teaser for you and I’ll check back in with you in a few weeks to see how it’s going.

Edited by justhookit