Changes to the Politics (Cloak Room) coming soon

immamac

People are sick of hearing how stupid and unenlightened they are when life says otherwise.   It's not about intellect at all, but rather that people cannot simply disagree anymore.  Now ya have to go after the other person far beyond the discussion at hand.  Your reply is the perfect example.

Go fuck yourself and your high horse dude. It's better that way.

• Like 2

Guest Lobo

So wait, serious question---is that guy really a pedophile or was he just pretending to be well-traveled by saying he kept 30 women on the reg across the globe?  I've always operated under the assumption that this is just a make believe space to get away from real life on.  I know a dozen posters IRL and we're nothing like our online personas.  But if the guy really posted underage pics, how the fuck has that not been dealt with, particularly if they're from other countries?  I really don't want to be associated with this site if it gets used in a criminal investigation.  Is this just some hyperbole and calling out an asshole poster or was there really some sex crime shit going on?  

Guest Lobo

Yeah, probably doesn't help that all the posters I know in real life post on here under the influence of alcohol and drugs.  Booze for me anyway.  

36 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So wait, serious question---is that guy really a pedophile or was he just pretending to be well-traveled by saying he kept 30 women on the reg across the globe?  I've always operated under the assumption that this is just a make believe space to get away from real life on.  I know a dozen posters IRL and we're nothing like our online personas.  But if the guy really posted underage pics, how the fuck has that not been dealt with, particularly if they're from other countries?  I really don't want to be associated with this site if it gets used in a criminal investigation.  Is this just some hyperbole and calling out an asshole poster or was there really some sex crime shit going on?  

I'm on board with this. If this guy is posting pictures of young girls this is the first time I'm hearing of it. I don't care if he pays philippina hookers and wants to talk about it though, different strokes for different folks.

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm on board with this. If this guy is posting pictures of young girls this is the first time I'm hearing of it. I don't care if he pays philippina hookers and wants to talk about it though, different strokes for different folks.

Ya can't really say how old they are, and I pretty much don't spend any time lookin at them to really know.  He seems to push the envelope though.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Please ask more questions 

• Haha 1

Guest Lobo

I felt they were legitimate questions.  Other posters and a moderator seemed to agree they needed addressing.  Sorry to be possibly breaking up your jerkoff material.  

13 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I felt they were legitimate questions.  Other posters and a moderator seemed to agree they needed addressing.  Sorry to be possibly breaking up your jerkoff material.  

Never saw it, but you sure seemed consumed by it. Did you right click on those pics?

Guest Lobo

Consumed by it?  There's an entire thread about it, in which I posted one time with some rudimentary questions.  You've literally posted on the topic more than I have.  

Anyway, I'll hang back and let you have this one.  

16 hours ago, Lobo said:

Your website comes up when potential students and their families search "University of Texas message boards" and the insanity you allow gets to their attention. 

So parents are scouring Internet forums, specifically threads with 40,000+ posts, looking for individual posts of people who have long since graduated from UT to determine whether their kids should go to said university.  

spacer.png

Hey Lobo, where the fuck were you when Shaggy had those long-ass threads obsessing over Jordan whats-her-face from Texas State?    Because if you are going to get all uptight about how an Internet forum should be run, because it might keep some dipshit parents from sending their kids here, I would think you would have been flipping out over folks online stalking those Texas State students, constantly posting their pics, discussing who their friends are, what they were doing, etc.

Internet forums are pretty fucking far down the list of considerations for parents, and there are no parents anywhere scouring 40,000-post threads looking for that magic post that is going to make them change their minds.  Costs, and how good the school is, are going to drown out most everything else.

Guest Lobo

Yeah, didn't say they would scour all 40,000 threads.  Just that some of the shit on here isn't a good look.  

Now, let's get back to these co-ed pics from Texas State.  

24 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, didn't say they would scour all 40,000 threads.  Just that some of the shit on here isn't a good look.  

You know what's not a good look Lobo?  40 UT students coming back from Spring Break in Mexico with covid, and having their shit put on blast on all of the national media outlets.  Or a UT Tennis coach getting caught up in an admissions scandal.  Nobody is going to data-mine one Internet forum with hundreds of thousands, or probably a million+ posts when'd deciding what school their kid is going to.  The most they will do is hit up twitter or Facebook or reddit, which are probably far more damning.

There has been so much shit posted on Surly and its predecessors over the years that is "not a good look", but I don't recall Surly or Shaggy having a byline "An Internet Forum for Potential UT Students and their Parents".

I don't mean to rant at you Lobo, but you've just been posting about this "not a good look" stuff a lot lately.

Edited by atomheartbevo

15 hours ago, immamac said:

Are you taking crazy pills? no one deleted any posts and you are just accusing me of not paying attention to something that I have no idea wtf you are talking about.

Some of the people who keep finding political shit in every single post they read, have been ranting that there is a conspiracy with you/BL "protecting" posters, and deleting incriminating posts, or maybe it was deleting posts bitching about those incriminating posts, I can't remember which, but they believed you all were deleting posts or  protecting people or something.  

Don't ask why they think you/BL feel the need to protect any posters, because I doubt even they could articulate why they believed that.  Most of these people are normally sane and not obsessed with their fellow posters or how you all moderate, so maybe the stay-at-home stuff was getting to them or something, combined with a shitty off-season and doubt about football in the fall.   

If you didn't realize it, then it means they weren't even reporting the posts they were bitching about.

Guest Lobo
3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

You know what's not a good look Lobo?  40 UT students coming back from Spring Break in Mexico with covid, and having their shit put on blast on all of the national media outlets.  Or a UT Tennis coach getting caught up in an admissions scandal.  Nobody is going to data-mine one Internet forum with hundreds of thousands, or probably a million+ posts when'd deciding what school their kid is going to.  The most they will do is hit up twitter or Facebook or reddit, which are probably far more damning.

There has been so much shit posted on Surly and its predecessors over the years that is "not a good look", but I don't recall Surly or Shaggy having a byline "An Internet Forum for Potential UT Students and their Parents".

I don't mean to rant at you Lobo, but you've just been posting about this "not a good look" stuff a lot lately.

It's okay, I really don't ever take any of it personally.  I took one thing really personal about two years ago and let BL know and he took care of it.  

Anyway, yeah those 40 dipshits on Spring Break did not help.  I assume all of them are alive/okay, I never heard any different.  

I guess we should pipe down and let this thing get back to a discussion on how to keep CR sane.  Which is like getting someone on whippets to be super serious.  

23 hours ago, Lobo said:

Well, if recruits just skimmed over the football forum, Herman couldn’t field a middle school intramural team.

• Like 1

Funny thing is because of this thread I google image searched “raydog surlyhorns” scrolled down a bit found a picture of a Filipino girl clicked on it which linked back to the covid thread in the DT. Saw a quoted post of raydog a with all the images not working so I clicked on one and it took me to his personal website where he hosted the images and has since removed them. Now I know his full name and profession. And that was all of 30 seconds of clicking things. 

22 hours ago, Covri said:

Funny thing is because of this thread I google image searched “raydog surlyhorns” scrolled down a bit found a picture of a Filipino girl clicked on it which linked back to the covid thread in the DT. Saw a quoted post of raydog a with all the images not working so I clicked on one and it took me to his personal website where he hosted the images and has since removed them. Now I know his full name and profession. And that was all of 30 seconds of clicking things. 

Lol. I didn't realize he was hosting the images himself from his own domain that's just his name dot com. That's some terribad opsec AND web design

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Lol. I didn't realize he was hosting the images himself from his own domain that's just his name dot com. That's some terribad opsec AND web design

RayDog has doxxed himself many times over by referring to his publications on physics.  I don't think he was too worried about it.

Exemplia gratia:

It may come as a surprise, but there's more to this board than Cloak Room.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

RayDog has doxxed himself many times over by referring to his publications on physics.  I don't think he was too worried about it.

Exemplia gratia:

It may come as a surprise, but there's more to this board than Cloak Room.

Indeed there is, and I enjoy the other parts of the site too but I appreciate the tip nonetheless.

For the record - the girl that comes up in images when you google "Raydog Surlyhorns" does NOT look like she's over 18. Yikes.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, he's in the Philippines, don't think he cares too much.

But it's good to see that people are generating posts that are going to draw attention to him.  That will help with Google results.

Guest Lobo

Wait, I’m an administrator on the board?   You lost me there man.  I get calling me a “ding dong”, that’s high level.  I’m afraid to ask but I don’t get the administrator reference.  Or is it supposed to be funny/ironic because I’d obviously never  be elected a moderator or admin or whatever the other thread election deal is about?  

Edited by Lobo

14 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I think it’s a great look. RayDog disgusts me. But that’s not what this is about with Lobo.  The ding dong is on a quest to prove to everyone here just who the fuck he is. He wants the Board to know he’s some high falutin’ administrator.  

spacer.png

Guest Lobo

I got it Dr., my bad.  You were referring to that one, singular wisecrack I made about being an administrator at UT, but really could only be a Department Head, maybe a Dean.  It was a lame comparison to that funny ass thread years ago when Sec. Rice was rumored to be coming to UT and some funny ass poster came up with that as a parallel to Red McCombs that she can't be President, maybe a Dept. Head or Dean.  Although it's a (many) years old set of wisecrack threads, you still cling to it despite only being connected to this board for a short time relative to Rex Kramer who you are clearly not in any way related to.  So I made a bad joke that died in its tracks with every single poster except you, who is obviously completely sane, has no connection to any other poster ever on this board or the last.  I honestly don't understand why you can't just let it go.  Put me on ignore.  Enough people hate me, they'll kick me off.  Our back and forth humors nobody at this point.  Why can't you just quit me bro?   

Seriously, I post weird shit but I do it independently, just stupid stream of consciousness (and yeah, most of it falls flat).  You deliberately follow a handful of posters from thread to thread, harkening back to singular posts of no consequence from months/years ago.  You are a sharp cat, with great insight on oil, pithy comments on entertainment, and even some esoteric bipartisan evaluations of contemporary political mores.  But your uncanny ability to pick random posts of a few posters and bring them up over and over again on completely unrelated threads, with seemingly no understanding of how flat your non-sequiturs fall with most of your audience, generously peppered with self-righteousness, victim-hating, and a non-humorous approach to most threads even when you're drunk. 

TL: DR....You bring up irrelevant old shit, make non-existent connections, but are really insightful and even funny on a few topics, but in the end...your behavior is basically that of a woman.  And when this is all over, I think we should get an apartment together.  

Edited by Lobo

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, Redpuma said:

M3 is a better measure 

Incorrect.

Welcome to the CR. 

Edited by washparkhorn
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/m3.asp - MZM if you want to track institutional investors and less liquid assets. But credit given for logical answer.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Redpuma said:

How do I get posting access to the CR, because I want to hate myself and you all?

You could just scrape yourself with a rusty screwdriver and pour muratic acid into the wound. Same effect.

Also, you could head over to the DT. They’ve all climbed out of the CR cesspool and infected that part of the forums as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

You could just scrape yourself with a rusty screwdriver and pour muratic acid into the wound. Same effect.

Also, you could head over to the DT. They’ve all climbed out of the CR cesspool and infected that part of the forums as well. 

Let me translate the vibe of some in DT:

• 4 months later...