Sanctuary Cities

TahoeHorn

I think that sanctuary cities are a horrible idea.  In fact, I think any instances of disdain for the rule of law are dangerous.  If any of you have spent time in one of the bazillion countries in the world where people don't respect the law you know how fucked that type of thinking makes a place.

But, I'm beginning to wonder if maybe people who think like me should take the Clayton Williams recommendation: if you can't do anything about it you might as well enjoy it.

So I've been thinking about the angle "two can play this game".  Let's think about some ways that "The Right" can construct "sanctuary cities" for the benefit of "its" groups.

My mind goes straight to money.  We could have a city that provided sanctuary for your company from federal taxes, in return for a generous kickback of course.  Want to sell cigarettes without paying the fed's tax?  We have a plan.  Want to sell gasoline in our state without remitting the tax to the Feds?  We can work something out.

Another angle is intellectual property.  Want to make counterfeit software/  Or music?  Make it in our sanctuary.

A third angle is access to things that the Feds get fussy about like Oxycontin or Class III weapons.  We can make it easy to acquire.  But you have to take it to Blue states.

Now, like the Left's sanctuary cities, we can't guarantee that the Feds won't be able to nab you.  But, like the Left, we can go to great lengths to make their enforcement difficult.

A totally different thought on this sanctuary city thing is to use it to our advantage.

San Francisco and Portland seem to like homeless and illegal aliens.  Hell we don't.  But maybe instead of trying to get San Francisco to help fix the problem we should just say "You like it.  Here's some more."  We'll have an aggressive program of sending ours to them.  We'll have to worry about messy details like kidnapping laws, so we need to be clever.  Free "Private" charter flights for "qualified" people is the place to start.  Add a bunch of effective carrots (e.g. free booze on the flight) and sticks (e.g. avoid a midnight visit from "the boys").  And voila. 

Hey if the new game is to flaunt federal law let's not be timid.  It's a new frontier and the rewards go to the bold.

Edited by TahoeHorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 29

I think I'm picking up on the dog whistle here.  Your right wing sanctuary city already exists and it's Vidor.

Seems like the purpose of these threads of yours is to dress up a bunch of indefensible bullshit as an olive branch and then cry about the hostile responses.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TahoeHorn said:

I think that sanctuary cities are a horrible idea.  In fact, I think any instances of disdain for the rule of law are dangerous......snipped because I'm not going to completely quote the ramblings of an old jackass

Go fetch a few dozen glazed and go hang out with the boys and celebrate that massive North Carolina special election win from last night, then sit around and bitch about the NFL and how those uppity negros just aren't American enough for your tastes. 

You and your ilk are what's wrong with America.  Full stop.  I got mine, fuck everyone else should be tattooed on your lily white forehead.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 5

I'm only going to respond to one part:

I think any instances of disdain for the rule of law are dangerous

Wow, if that were true this country wouldn't exist. We sorta perfected the process of fighting back against tyranny. Whether it was foreign governments or our own, this country was founded and thrives on disobedience to indefensible laws. Fuck you and your assertions otherwise, you fucking puppet. People like you make this country weak and help allow our government to trample all over our civil liberties because you're too concerned with keeping the status quo. Fuck the status quo. It has done almost nothing good for me my entire life.

37 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Republican says: "In fact, I think any instances of disdain for the rule of law are dangerous."

Correct response:

200.gif

Yep.  It's really the only response to any conserv-a-troll post.  Naked hypocrisy is their brand.

Laughing green shirt guy should be ours.  That's it.

Am I the only one who thought the laughing greenshirt guy was pretty obviously putting on a show and even overdid it a little bit? I don't think he was asking for the viral sensation and the fame but more he was affecting as a way to insult the batcrazy arizona wingnuts who were chanting. Am I wrong here, Donny and Dude?

2 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Am I the only one who thought the laughing greenshirt guy was pretty obviously putting on a show and even overdid it a little bit? I don't think he was asking for the viral sensation and the fame but more he was affecting as a way to insult the batcrazy arizona wingnuts who were chanting. Am I wrong here, Donny and Dude?

uh, yeah, that was kinda the whole point of the spectacle 

8 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

uh, yeah, that was kinda the whole point of the spectacle 

Got it and I love it, just thought that I was missing something in that everyone thought it was a sincere spazmic belly laugh instead of the beautiful dramatic act of roasting someone while fake laughing.

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm only going to respond to one part:

Wow, if that were true this country wouldn't exist. We sorta perfected the process of fighting back against tyranny. Whether it was foreign governments or our own, this country was founded and thrives on disobedience to indefensible laws. Fuck you and your assertions otherwise, you fucking puppet. People like you make this country weak and help allow our government to trample all over our civil liberties because you're too concerned with keeping the status quo. Fuck the status quo. It has done almost nothing good for me my entire life.

Psst, when he says "disdain for the rule of law" he doesn't literally mean disdain for the rule of law, he means "liberals and minorities criticizing white conservatives whom they should acknowledge as their superiors."