3rd Democratic Debate - Houston

Hank Kingsley

26 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Have a feeling this could be a little more dramatic than the first two debates. Biden/Warren/Sanders have solidified themselves as the clear top tier and now is the time for other candidates to make their move. 

No wonder the Trumpers hate Dems...I only count 2 old white guys and only one of them would qualify as rich.  

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Think there's a decent chance that Beto "I give ZERO fucks" O'Rourke 3.0 will do well tonight speaking truth to power. 

If he tells George Stephalafagus to fuck off for their bullshit both side coverage on gun control and giving Trump passes for his lies, I'll be switching my vote. 

• Like 1

Little is known about Bruce Mann, Elizabeth Warren’s ball and chain.  He’s known for being a Harvard Law professor specializing in American History.  I can’t see what value he might bring to the White House except handling all the decorations during the holidays and planting a vegetable garden out back for the kids.  He might be able to fill the Easter Bunny suit too. 

11 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

My Debate Prediction:

All Candidates Not Named Biden: "Plan plan Plan planplan Serious serious Planplanplan."

Biden: "Hey 'Merica! Times like these, Obama and I would crack open a tall one. Who wants a beer? Hell, let's drink a beer right now!"

He’ll bust out a White Claw to try and relate to the youngins 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Little is known about Bruce Mann, Elizabeth Warren’s ball and chain.  He’s known for being a Harvard Law professor specializing in American History.  I can’t see what value he might bring to the White House except handling all the decorations during the holidays and planting a vegetable garden out back for the kids.  He might be able to fill the Easter Bunny suit too. 

Given what the Trump family has brought to the WH, I think a Victory Garden would be just fine.

I sure would like to hear some sort of financial debt discussion, but I’m sure there will be none.

Despite trillion dollar deficits, everyone will be promised everything. The Republicans have proven to be completely untrustworthy in handling the country’s finances. It would be nice if the Democratic Party could demonstrate some sort of competence with respect to the problem.

With all of the giveaways that will be discussed, they will leave the public with the perception that they will be even more reckless with finances, when in reality they could/would likely do a much better job than Republicans.

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Biden: “We don’t win back the White House with plans.  We win it back by reminding blue collar people from Scranton that a vote for me is a vote for Barack Obama, and therefore, supporting me actually gives them even more cover for their racism than voting for Trump does!  You can vote your conscience for a white guy and still say you’re for Obama, so who is anyone to question why you have a burning cross in your yard?”

Kamala: “We will give everyone Medicare for All, or we won’t, and we will regulate the corporations, or we won’t, and we will reform the criminal justice system, except for serious crimes like truancy, and [uses a taser on Beto and claims she is making a citizen’s arrest for his prior DWI].”

Warren: “I’ve got a very reasonable, very practical plan to address global warming and the inequity of our financial system.   Deforestation in the Amazon is accelerating the greenhouse effect as farmers and ranchers clear the rainforest to expand their operations.  What if I told you we had a new food source that made commercial farms and ranches unnecessary?  There is enough banker flesh in the world today to feed every family in the developing world for up to 10 years!  The plan is called the Soylent Green New Deal, and it will slow deforestation by nearly 50% and create thousands of green new jobs in the organic butchering industry!”

Bernie: “I’m here to lead a grassroots political revolution.  And I am uniquely qualified to lead this movement.  I ask you, comrades, to join me.  We meet at 4:30 pm after dinner is finished at Luby’s, and then we will march to the public library where all the kids and intellectuals spend their time so we can round up new recruits!  Together, we will end the Vietnam War!”

Some of your best work.

12 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

sure would like to hear some sort of financial debt discussion, but I’m sure there will be none.

Despite trillion dollar deficits, everyone will be promised everything. The Republicans have proven to be completely untrustworthy in handling the country’s finances. It would be nice if the Democratic Party could demonstrate some sort of competence with respect to the problem.

With all of the giveaways that will be discussed, they will leave the public with the perception that they will be even more reckless with finances, when in reality they could/would likely do a much better job than Republicans.

As long as the democrats explain how they plan to pay for their proposals, I have no problem with them leaving the debt for the republicans to worry about, the GOP are the motherfuckers that run it up the most anyway.  

Also, we have much bigger problems than the debt right now.  

21 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I sure would like to hear some sort of financial debt discussion, but I’m sure there will be none.

republicans: we're going to cut the shit out of taxes for wealthy people and increase military spending while doing nothing else

proles: sounds great to me!

democrats: we're going to free up 15% of the economy and replace it with something cheaper while also cutting off the anchor keeping a lot of people from starting their own businesses

proles: how will you pay for it?

• Like 4

Drinking game, drink every time:

Joe Biden says “Obama”

Elizabeth Warren says “I get it.”

Yang says “it’s not about right or left” 

Harris says “I will prosecute”

Bernie says “Billionaires”

Beto says “racist”

Pete says “generational change” or “generation”

Klobachar says “Mom”

Booker says “Moral clarity”