SNL 45

RPM

It was almost too much humor and spot-on cameos last night in the debate last night, I could have watched that for another hour.  As if  Will Ferrell said to Lorne, "I know what it's like for this show to break open a career for somebody.  Having said that, I'd like some of my old castmates and friends to be in most of the sketches."  

The Pocahantas "meet the family" sketch was hilarious.  Who told you that, "The Fox did!  better than that crazy peacock you're always talking to." 

the high school party was a nice little call back to Frank the Tank from Old School.  Wizard of Oz was great.  As was the 10to1 with Puppet Rape.  

Pizza place and Heinz relax were awful.  Cold Open and Weekend Update were serviceable, nothing terribly memorable.  

Great episode overall, probably because Will called in a dozen favors and everybody he brought in was nails.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Drew said:

Yeah the last 2 weeks had a few very funny skits, but like usual, a bunch of misses.

I have high hopes for Eddie Murphy's return this week. It will either be off the charts awesome or a EM version of the JLo episode. I'm hoping for the former.

On 12/16/2019 at 8:34 PM, RPM said:

I have high hopes for Eddie Murphy's return this week. It will either be off the charts awesome or a EM version of the JLo episode. I'm hoping for the former.

yeah, this could be epic.  or a giant letdown.  but i'm keeping my hopes high.

After reminiscing about his previous experiences on the late-night sketch show, Murphy teased what might serve for comedic fodder this time around. “We’re talking about a Gumby thing, we’re talking about a Buckwheat thing, and I told you a Bill Cosby thing maybe, it’ll be very funny,” he told Roker. “I don’t know if he would think it was funny…I’m down for whatever, as long as it’s really really funny.”

https://ew.com/tv/2019/12/19/snl-host-eddie-murphy-teases-saturday-night-live-gumby-buckwheat-bill-cosby/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_term=2249A6BC-2296-11EA-8FE2-E46996E8478F&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_content=link&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR2NEqE7v8ljc0JInSBfXU58dj1UugBmJ4HFCF8Zc2mm0El3Avtqqv4D0ks

On 12/16/2019 at 9:34 PM, RPM said:

I am so looking forward to this & I hope they us a few of his old characters - I'd love to see what Mr. Robinson has to say about his neighborhood, and maybe some white like me

On 12/16/2019 at 8:34 PM, RPM said:

If I am in Snl Writer and I knew about Eddie Murphy hosting this week for the last several weeks, I’d sure as hell be holding some good stuff back for him and not wasting it on J-LO.  There’s a reason why almost every skit or digital short Haf to do with her good looks because those kinds of sketches  won’t be needed for Eddie Murphy.   

1 hour ago, RoundRobin said:

I wonder what Tyrone Green has been up to. 

Images

Dark and lonely on the summer night.
Kill my landlord, kill my landlord.
Watchdog barking - Do he bite?
Slip in his window,
Break his neck!
Then his house
I start to wreck!
Got no reason --
What the heck!
C-I-L-L ...
My land - lord ...

• Like 1

That was fan service in the best way. Mr Robinson was damn near perfect. Black Jeopardy went a little different direction but they nailed it. Eddie seemed comfortable even when he flubbed a line.

I also always enjoy the Jost/Che surprise reading of each other's jokes. Black cue hard holder LMFAO

That weekend update was an all timer. 

Yes, it was. Jost’s face on the punchline of the Buttigeg joke (picking the Popeye’s Chicken Sandwich as a running mate to improve his black supporter numbers) was hilarious. Hell, Pete Davidson even has a couple good lines about Jost laying the wood to ScarJo.

57 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yes, it was. Jost’s face on the punchline of the Buttigeg joke (picking the Popeye’s Chicken Sandwich as a running mate to improve his black supporter numbers) was hilarious. Hell, Pete Davidson even has a couple good lines about Jost laying the wood to ScarJo.

Yep. Obviously Gumby was the highlight, but the joke swap was great, Davidson was mildly funny, and Jeanine Pirro had me rolling. 

“I only had one glass of wine with dinner!”

”Well what did you have for dinner?”

”Two bottles of wine!!”