Modern Warfare

GottaB

Early access to the Beta starts today. Early results say it looks good but they need to do some work to make sure the balance is right.

Biggest complaint: no mini map and of course there will be micro transactions.

Biggest upside: no season pass. All users will have access to all maps.

• Like 1

Xbox and pc went live yesterday.

So I’ve been off CoD mp for a while now. I’ve bought a few on big Xbox sales here and there including BO4, it’s ok and fun at times for some twitch shooting. Still prefer BF for my twitch-style shooter.

Tried the beta, it feels pretty good. I’ve preordered and feel it’ll be worth it. I really liked MW but felt for every pro the added in MW2 they did double the cheese in cons.

I do like dedicated servers and cross platform play but I REALLLLLLY LIKE splitting the player base into controller and M&KB groups. Now hopefully they’ll be able to detect and split out those spoofing the M&KB setup on Xbox as well.

This feels like they took a dash of RB6 Siege, the bulk of BF3/4 and the twitch of MW1 to create the feel for this go round. I’m interested in trying the realism mode to see if it’ll replace my hardcore need. I cannot play CoD in vanilla mode.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What are micro transactions. Been out of gaming for a year or two as my boys have taken over the XBox & I've gotten busier. Heard micro transactions mentioned in  a review earlier today, too.

And wtf...people are using M&KB on XBox now? FML.

Micro transactions are usually pay to win in-game stuff.

Like special weapons or perks or boosts that can only be purchased rather than earned in game. Or what often happens is $ to shortcut unlock items/weapons.

Other types are cosmetic, like camos or skins.

Everyone tends to lose their shit on pay to win schemes.

And yeah M&KB has made its way to consoles. One connector spoofs the console and is harder to detect by games. But cross platform play is why everyone wants the 2 types of players split into 2 groups.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Constant said:

A few hours in has taught me that I fucking suck at this game. Struggling with the complexity of the maps. 

Have to remember they went away from a 3 lane setup like Black Ops and back to a more open world type setup.  Elevation is key.

OGMW was pretty ground breaking for console twitch shooters...

I think this MW at least feels like it tried to go back to what made it the bar while still keeping that fast paced twitch shooting sprint fest.

It feels like a baby from OG-MW and BF3.

I loved MW, I tried my best to live MW2 but the stacking kill streaks ruined it for me... that still pisses me off. After MW2 they were pretty giant mehs from me.

The maps can feel really small for me, I’m so used to BF sized maps.

That being said I’m annoyed Ground war was not available last night. I really wanted to play that mode on new maps.

• 2 weeks later...

Update dropped today.

Needed the stupid 725 shotty. Every match had a minimum 8-9 players running overkill with 725 with choke and an optic, sniping with that stupid shotty.

Like the NVG mode, finally figured out yesterday how to filter for hardcore mode... I’m an idiot.

In HC mode the M4A1 with the 9mm mod, with grip tape and 2nd stock becomes a laser gun. Then I attach the underbarrel shotty and it’s a beast. Just can’t engage ppl at distance. Just watch them without ghosting yourself

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/25/2019 at 11:43 AM, BNB said:

I just started playing COD Mobile.  Enjoying it.  I am thinking of picking this up.   I am thinking PC over Xbox.  I haven't played a fps game in a long time.

bought mw around black friday and haven’t even loaded it into my ps4 yet. cod mobile has been occupying my time just fine. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Damage system feels about like pubg and firestorm, pinging system is a lot like apex, one ping to tag location or item and it tells you what the item is, double tap ping to mark hostile.

Save your money for redeploys or loadout drop, tracker perk in your loadout drop kit looks to be huge for end game so you can see where people are running around in buildings.

Seemed fun on my first drop.

Cross play has to be enabled to play war zone which stinks cause I’d turned it off after launch

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Work from home has given me more time to play. UrMomsJock87 if you feel like playing 

Are you playing warzone? I haven't tried it yet but I'm down to. I'm updating it rn I'll add you when it's done. 

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on where you drop and why you dropped there.

Matches can be potentially short if you want to drop in places like the boneyard, prison, airport, military base because they have higher rates of rare pickups and lots of ppl tend to drop there. So more action early and higher chance to die.

They can go closer to the full 20 minutes if you like to drop in more sparse areas and avoid conflict early.

But a full match from drop to final circle is 20 minutes. Everyone gets a free attempt to re-drop via a gulag 1v1 except if you die (1st death) in the final 6 minutes of the match

• Like 1

Oh and yesterday’s update bumped the price of a loadout drop from 6k to $8.5k.

Also finally fixed the bs bug where a downed enemy could leave the match and prevent his gear from dropping and you wouldn’t get credit for a kill. Now if anyone quits while in a downed state the still take the death and their gear drops

But they still gotta get rid of forcing Xbox users to have to enable crossplay for warzone. Not fair having to play against PC cheaters.

• Like 1

I’ll have to try it this weekend then. It looks interesting, but I normally don’t use a mic and it seems like that would be a big deal.

It definitely helps but they instituted a ping system like Apex Legends where you can ping locations, loot specific pings and most importantly enemy contact with a double tap of the ping. If you have line of sight on enemy the ping is dynamic and will stay on hostile following them around. When you lose line of sight the ping marker switches to a different looking hostile marker that is no longer dynamic. It’s the same marker if you were to randomly double tap the ping for a generic hostile marker. Hopefully that made sense.

On 3/28/2020 at 11:24 AM, Speedtrucker said:

Oh and yesterday’s update bumped the price of a loadout drop from 6k to $8.5k.

Also finally fixed the bs bug where a downed enemy could leave the match and prevent his gear from dropping and you wouldn’t get credit for a kill. Now if anyone quits while in a downed state the still take the death and their gear drops

But they still gotta get rid of forcing Xbox users to have to enable crossplay for warzone. Not fair having to play against PC cheaters.

How do PC players cheat?

The cheats are wall hacks, aim bots, lag switching.

Outside of that, the General PC hardware advantages provide much better frame rate and a bigger fov.

Also it is easier to spoof the controller input so controller users are being matched with supposed controller user but then you see some guy snap so fast you know it’s a m&kb user. That can happen against console users but it isn’t as prevalent.

Not to say every PC user is cheating, just mean it’s always been easier to cheat on a pc than it is a console.

They're also remastering MW2, but single-player only. Sucks, because all they really need to do is turn the multiplayer servers back on and I'd go right back to MW2 in a heartbeat, no remastering required. Still my favorite multiplayer of all the MW games.

Played a bit of Warzone, I also prefer the Plunder mode, mainly because I'm not great at killing so it gives me more of a chance to play. The normal BR mode is a waste of time for me, between the load screens and the repeated gulag.