Modern Warfare

GottaB

Plunder is so damn addicting. I like going into Promonade East by the car dealaership and doing 4 or 5 supply box/recon missions early to build up cash. I have a vehicle 95% of the time and love running people over. Makes it easy to pop over to a cash drop early as well. Drop cash 90% of the time at balloon drops vs helicopter drops because the $30k is an easy trade off vs getting ambushed and losing a whole lot more. A

• Like 1

I enjoy the gameplay, the movement and actions nailed the MW2 feel, but I think a few things really screw up the pacing on the new MW and kill it for me. What I loved about MW2 was the nonstop action on a game, as it filled a Quake deathmatch style niche for me. (Conversely, the lack of action is why I never caught on to the Battlefield series - Battlefield is more movement/objective based on much larger maps, so you're not just working towards kills and you're spending a lot of time in transit.)

The need to drop on every respawn throws a 15-30sec delay into every respawn. Add the 20sec respawn timer and you're nearing 1min of downtime every death. And that's in Plunder, the best of the options. In normal BR you then waste time in the Gulag or waiting to be bought back. God forbid there's a queue in the Gulag.

The larger maps even for deathmatch result in a Battlefield feel, lot of time running across the map for very little shooting. Shoot House is decent, Rust is obviously great.

The maps don't seem as well designed as MW2, specifically in how they funnel people. There are too many places to randomly hide, too many alternate paths, so battles rarely feel as if they have a direction, and many times don't feel like team force-on-force battle, it's more a random pop up kill environment.

And a rant (while I wave my fist angrily at clouds): Why is the BR still the full 80gb download? It's definitely not a good enough game to justify it. Maybe 20gb at best.

Ehhh, there are plenty of options to get a quick-twitch type game if that is what you like.  They did a good job of setting up the filters so you can have more control of what type of match you prefer to play.

It seems like they have game types that trend towards a BF style game play and the faster deathmatch style.  I do agree that the maps are not set up to funnel as well as MW2 - and I f'n hate getting shot in the back when people spawn behind me.

I just wish they would quit messing with the game types as much - they took away Dropzone the other day and that was another one that I really enjoyed.

A lot of “pro” gamers bitched about the maps not being traditional in the 3 lane sense. I’ve enjoyed them not being married to that. Makes camping too damn easy.

I agree that the larger maps suck because the spawns are fucked up. Constantly spawning a mile away. Aniyah Palace is the worst. Aniyah incursion sucks ass too though.

Rust is pretty fun. I enjoy it more now that I did on the first game. Shoot house is a good one.

Yeah the 3-Lane argument will never go away. It’s the old I wan the map to be just like xyz! Ugh this map is basically xyz reskinned!!! Cycle

Also sound like warzone is going like Titanfall and Apex with their cheaters. Rather than flat out bans, they’ll be rerouting suspected cheaters to cheater only servers to play with each other. This supposedly rolls out with this current update

Also they updated their security scans etc and are including “report player” function in killcam and spectator views. I think this rolls out with the next update or 2.

That's a good addition.  I don't know what kind of cheating they are doing, but when cross-platform playing is enabled I see a lot of sketchy shit going on.  Players who aim zips over immediately to a head shot, players who seem to know exactly where I am even though I'm running Ghost and Cold Blooded, etc.  It doesn't seem nearly as bad in modes that allow for playing only with other Xbox players.

The updates are ridiculous. I haven’t ran into a lot of cheaters that I am sure of. I’ve seen plenty of vids though.

I was on shipment last night and I’m pretty sure there was a cheater on there. Pretty much the entire lobby was talking shit to him after the match.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry, the feeling is mutual. PC players can't stand that console players get bullshit 'aim assist.'

Incidentally, haven't played in over a week, my group went back to Apex and CS, some are trying Valorant. The lack of pacing and garbage spawns just made it not fun, despite (or maybe because of?) us winning probably 80% of the games we played.

Is Warzone fun? I've never played any of the BR games at all. For COD I stick mostly to TDM or KC since I usually play solo and randoms don't play the objective

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk

Yes, really yes and no. But I’d say that about most battleroyales

It can be fun to really fun when you have a good match or good team or good friends, it can be a solid no when you have a bunch of camping pansies with sniper rifles and rpgs that all hide on a roof in the downtown areas. Or you hit a bunch of cheaters that continually smoke you every drop

Is Warzone fun? I've never played any of the BR games at all. For COD I stick mostly to TDM or KC since I usually play solo and randoms don't play the objective

I’m the same way. I hate ground war. Pretty much all I ever play is TDM or KC as well since like you, I’m a solo player. I like the Warzone solo mode. It’s a little bit of a pain to play with ransoms on that because a lot of people won’t use a mic.

9 hours ago, iodeac said:

Started actually playing warzone with buddies instead of solo and yes it is way better. You have to talk for that shit 

Plunder is still my favorite warzone mode.  You can flip the whole game around at the end if you are behind and catch someone trying to deposit some cash.

We've been playing the small map modes quite a bit too, with Shipment 24/7 and whatever the new one is called.  It's a great way to level up weapons, not so great for the K/D ratio, if you're in to that sort of thing.

Wrecked shop in plunder last night. Took me a little while to adjust to the Blood Money mode. Was running cold blooded for a long time and finally realized that wasn’t necessary in that mode so ran overkill. Got a lot more kills and wasn’t afraid to get in more firefights. The extra cash on kills incentivizes killing people. 

On 5/14/2020 at 2:25 PM, The Royal We said:

Plunder is still my favorite warzone mode.  You can flip the whole game around at the end if you are behind and catch someone trying to deposit some cash.

We've been playing the small map modes quite a bit too, with Shipment 24/7 and whatever the new one is called.  It's a great way to level up weapons, not so great for the K/D ratio, if you're in to that sort of thing.

Our squad went from 5th to 1st in the last 10 seconds or so when I killed two high roller team members right at the end.  Was amazing to see that jump when I picked up all their cash.

• Like 1

Shipment is garbage because of the spawns. Rust and shoot house are good. Seems like the last few days the spawns have been messed up on them as well.

Been playing hardcore old dirty houseboat and Shipment 24/7 and leveled up fast as hell. Also completed all the daily challenges easily.

Finally got my Kar98k obsidian. Hell of a grind, but Rusty Shiphouse definitely helped. I've seen a lot of criticism of obsidian but I think it looks really nice on the Kar98k.

3 hours ago, The Royal We said:

What the fuck is the deal with the huge updates?  I looked this morning and there is a 31 GB update.  I live out in the sticks and have pretty shitty internet and an update that big will take me days to get done.

Constant new skins and cosmetics in the store. Those textures aren't small. Constant changes to the game as well.

They give you assault rifles in the gulag now. Game changes almost every day.

On 5/22/2020 at 1:08 PM, HRSchenker said:

Any advice on how to get faster mobility? I run across the map and feel like I'm much slower compared to most other players

don’t carry an RPG or LMG. If you’re comparing yourself to streamers they are on computer and can change their field of view settings so it looks like they are moving much faster than they actually are. 

Edited by Firemans4Horn

8 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

don’t carry an RPG or LMG. If you’re comparing yourself to streamers they are on computer and can change their field of view settings so it looks like they are moving much faster than they actually are. 

I carry two SMGs and have double time enabled but you might be right. I watch a guy on twitch named THump and his gameplay is just crazy fast. He's on PC just like me but I can't figure out what he's doing that I'm not

Late to the party....played years ago and am now getting back to console/PC gaming while staying home so much.

I much prefer multiplayer versus campaign. With that...what version should I get? There are so many on steam I can’t decide. 

Someone mentioned war zone?