Modern Warfare

GottaB

• 2 weeks later...

So after playing the free Warzone for a couple weeks I decided to get the full game since it was 25% off.

I need to learn these maps, but so far I'm not doing completely terribly. I did get a 2nd in a free-for-all on Rust with 27 kills using an MP5. That was fun. Then it loaded a map where everyone picked a building and sniped. I didn't know the map so I was getting destroyed.

It's pretty fun. I think I'll try some team deathmatch next.

On 4/22/2020 at 10:33 AM, Jkwellborn said:

A lot of “pro” gamers bitched about the maps not being traditional in the 3 lane sense. I’ve enjoyed them not being married to that. Makes camping too damn easy.

I agree that the larger maps suck because the spawns are fucked up. Constantly spawning a mile away. Aniyah Palace is the worst. Aniyah incursion sucks ass too though.

Rust is pretty fun. I enjoy it more now that I did on the first game. Shoot house is a good one.

Just saw this was here. Been playing multiplayer since early december. Shoot house, shipment, vacant, rust, and crash are my favorites. The new small maps outside of aniyah incursion are frustrating but solid. The one in the shanty town I can't think of the name of now is good too.

The others I don't like. 

How does warzone work? Is it like a fortnite ripoff? I don't usually have much time to play so I normally just fire up the multiplayer and get in a few matches

Edited by Wanker Bob

How does warzone work? Is it like a fortnite ripoff? I don't usually have much time to play so I normally just fire up the multiplayer and get in a few matches

Well I wouldn't say a fortnite ripoff since Fortnite was already like the 5th or 6th popular battle royal, but yes.

Warzone's twist on the BR formula is the first time you die you go to a 1v1 gulag fight and if you win you redrop. There are also missions you can pick up that earn you money. Money can buy you supplies and kill streak rewards. In team games money can also buy back your dead teammates if they lose their gulag match.

And unless you die real early, an average match is 10-15 minutes maybe.

Edited by Hawndoh

do you ever get points without real money? I have 100 somehow, and I'm not interested in the battle pass enough to pay for it, but if I can somehow grind out the points for it I would.

I did the season 3 battle pass with points I accumulated. If you level all the way up in it, you wind up with more points than you spent.

I did the season 3 battle pass with points I accumulated. If you level all the way up in it, you wind up with more points than you spent.

Right this, I actually didn’t complete that thought, you get 1200 cod points if you hit level 97 of 100 I believe, in every season.

So you can keep getting each season for free if you grind it out or hit it hard every double XP event which is what I do

• Like 1

Yes you can. Even if you don’t buy the BattlePass you’ll still move through it. And as you move through it you’ll get “Free” levels. If you complete that level then you’ll earn that item. Every so often there’s free COD points there.

• Like 1

Also, at any point that the season is still going you can buy the pass and you’ll receive everything you already unlocked. So technically you could just buy it once then never need to buy it again so long as you continue the grind.

Oh maybe I missed WHEN you bought it. I was thinking you got in at launch. My bad.

So I like the seasons because I’m more of a mission driven player... I like having missions to complete, I’ll stop using a firearm when I’ve completed missions that require them or skins the same way, so the battle pass was worth it. Although I will say I had extra ms rewards money to spend so I bought season 1 late in the season and it ended up paying for the rest of the seasons. I’ve got 1100 cp right now waiting on season 4 whenever that happens.

MP7 has become my favorite.  I'm 2 longshot kills away from getting the gold camo for it, that's been a serious f'n grind. 

Sucks that they took Plunder away again, and agreed that their Rumble mode is terrible.  Nothing but campers/snipers and assholes waiting to run you over in a vehicle as soon as you hit the ground.

I thought the Trench Warfare 3v3 mode was pretty fun too so of course that took that one away quickly too.

Rumble is the most dogshit game mode I’ve ever played. Maybe on any game. 

Glad plunder is back tonight, that is an amazing game mode. So many different ways your team can approach it.

The BR make me too damn nervous with only having one life. Love watching some of the pros play though. They have a 6th sense. 

It’s more I don’t have a reliable couple guys with headsets to play/strategize with. And I’m not any kind of pro when it comes to winning 1v1 gun battles. I’m in my mid 30’s and outside of Halo 15 years ago don’t play a lot of shooters. These 14 year olds are going to whip my ass. 

Have developed 2 or 3 squads I can roll with and win with on plunder. 

Sorry you suck at the gulag. Lol

We have a buddy that can be a solid teammate but put him 1v1 or in the gulag and he’s useless. Lol

Another buddy and I are cold in the gulag as long as I don’t get the deagle... I cannot use that hunk of shit for nothing... I’ve won some of those matches by punching instead of using that crap.

Yet as a teammate I’ve always been a pusher/breacher cause I can usually take 2 or so with me but I’m usually going to get downed...

When I play the BR mode I'm usually solo. I almost always win the gulag but I'm always screwed after that because I drop with no guns or anything and either I drop somewhere quiet with zero loot or I drop near people and get out gunned.

So usually I either make the top 20 never having died at all or I get out of the gulag and quickly die after for a top 50.

But I've lately mostly been playing multiplayer modes and haven't tried the BR since season 4 started.

Yeah I’ve just been playing MP for S4, mainly cause I was sure Urzikstan (or whatever it’s called) was gonna drop as the new map this warzone season.

When it didn’t I kinda checked out on warzone for now.

That’s always my problem with battle royales, I’ll burn myself out on them real quick if they don’t update a lot. Which sucks that I couldn’t get into apex or fortnite cause they are consistently upgrading.

Pubg did but after we had long moved on

I do give credit to Warzone for trying to keep things changing and fresh as much as they have, though. Sometimes better than others. They had that stimulus thing where you could redeploy with money. Season 4 added the events, jailbreak, the supply helicopter thing, and the fire sale. Plunder, blood money... stuff like that.

Multiplayer seems to rotate things around and keep it fresh too, even if some of them are stupid like the 50v50 thing.

• 1 month later...