Mr Inbetween S2

bamachine

• 3 weeks later...

They even do things like him striding in quickly at the end differently than most shows. They do not treat us like morons, they don't have us hear a gunshot because we are smart enough to know from the music and the way he strode in that the perv had met his end.

5 hours ago, bamachine said:

I would hope the dickhead got his nuts cut loose, by the door glass, so he could not procreate.

He definitely deserved a thousand tiny glass shards to the nards. But I don't think they played it out that far. He had a shot at normal, but has issues separating dealing with the world's worst assholes while simultaneously projecting a completely normal life.

7 minutes ago, RPM said:

He definitely deserved a thousand tiny glass shards to the nards. But I don't think they played it out that far. He had a shot at normal, but has issues separating dealing with the world's worst assholes while simultaneously projecting a completely normal life.

Yeah and they also came full circle with the scene in the kids playground. His friend complaining about the type of restaurants and the brother being just the type to go frequent those places.

• 2 weeks later...

RIP to his friend. Between him and the sorta friend he offed, dude has to be running out of friends. Of course, they are trying to set him up to question his line of work. Possibly he starts to go soft, his kid gets nabbed(as seen in the previews) and that kills the last merciful cells in his mind.

Edited by bamachine

I was always a little bit behind in watching each episode so I never clicked on the thread until now (just finished the second season last night) but we really enjoy this show as well. I appreciate the limited commercial interruption, but I really think that this show would benefit tremendously from a full hour. But I get that Australian TV has different parameters or whatever. 

I was a little confused about what happened with the gunfire and the dude escaping and the buried money and whatever from the start of this last episode. There are little odds and ends about this show that I feel like the viewer just has to let go of or ignore in the first place. For example, there is little to no reference to any law enforcement or detective work being done (other than the laugh out loud "I don't answer questions, mate." exchange), the convenient availability of totally uninhabited areas everywhere, etc. 

I really get a kick out of his therapy group sessions as well. 

I'm not sure which town it's set in, but I imagine it's a lot like a West Texas area where in 20 minutes your in BFE. There are some of the law enforcement issues I find unlikely, but I don't know Aussie cops. The one where he caught the undercover cop about to bust him then took him to the previously mentioned middle of nowhere and let him go was hard for me to believe. He's a hitman, he'd kill him.

• 1 month later...

This show kicks all kinds of ass.

I agree with above, with all the hardcore stuff this guy pulls, I'd imagine the cops would be circling quite often.  However, I really don't give a shit, because I like the show (and the character) that much.

Fingers crossed for a Season 3.

Edited by Mach 1