Warts (not that kind)

Baboontyme

My 4th grader is susceptible to warts apparently. He has had them off and on on his fingers for years. Last year, I suppose from touching his chin, he started to get one on his chin. We have been to the dermatologist. They use the cryo treatment, keep you coming back, and after like 8x they finally start to go away. And then they come back. And he hates the cryo. It gives him all kinds of anxiety and it's hell on me taking him and on the Dr. I have also done some reading online and have read that there is no scientific proof that the cryo is any more effective than any OTC treatment. So we have been trying some OTC stuff. Tea tree oil, compound W, etc with I'm not sure what kind of success. Mild at best. I'm getting frustrated at these resilient fuckers. Anyone have any good experience with a particular medicine or treatment method that they would recommend? 

I had warts on my thumbs/fingers about 10 yrs ago. I took apple cider vinegar, dipped a tiny wad of cotton ball in it and put in a band aid, applied band aid so itd suffocate/bring the black seeds up. After a couple days itd turn white and i was able to pick the seeds out with the end of a safety pin

A little painful but theyll keep coming back if you dont get the seeds out..havent had any since

I get random ones on my fingers that comes and goes.  Disappears for 3 years.  Pops up again. 

Freezing doesn't work.  Either with at-home kit or at the derma.  It's just an annoying kind of pain for a while, the wart seems to harden, then later goes back to normal.

Salicylic acid works for me.  Either an ointment, or as built into little circular bandaid patches.  I put that solution on once a day for 1-2 weeks... area turns white and hard while the circumference turns soft enough to "pick off".  I peel the whole thing off, and the skin heals within a few days, looking absolutely normal. 

With good luck it goes away forever.  With bad luck, in a few years, it reemerges.

I have one on my elbow and one on the palm of my hand. There's no black seeds or anything like that. It just looks like a rough patch of skin but it keeps coming back no matter what I do. Even duct tape on it for a few months did nothing. I had plantar warts really bad when I was in high school (dumbass me decided it would be a good idea to use the hs shower with bare feet) but imiquimod and ripping it off with a toothpick took care of it.

5 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I had warts on my thumbs/fingers about 10 yrs ago. I took apple cider vinegar, dipped a tiny wad of cotton ball in it and put in a band aid, applied band aid so itd suffocate/bring the black seeds up. After a couple days itd turn white and i was able to pick the seeds out with the end of a safety pin

A little painful but theyll keep coming back if you dont get the seeds out..havent had any since

Apple cider vinegar works.

I used to get them on my hands many years ago. Went through maybe about a 3-4 year period where they'd come and go. Every now and then, I'd get pissed and dig one out with a pair of fingernail clippers. Not as painful as it sounds but bleeds a shitload. Obviously not a great option for your son's chin. After several years of that, one day they just went away. That was probably 10-ish years ago and I haven't had a single one since (knock on wood).

• Like 2

the ones on my hand (they actually grow on the sides of the fingers) i can trim away with clipppers, but only the bulk of it.  theres no nerves -- it doesnt hurt and doesnt bleed.  but it would inevitably grow back within days.

actually excising the thing would require cutting a larger circumference, deeper into the skin.  would probably fucking hurt, and im not ready to play surgeon with that level of excavation. 

I had plantar warts as a kid and got them all cut out by a dermatologist. But one on the side of my middle toe popped up later. I tried to get it off with various methods for years but was never persistent enough to get it all the way gone. If the over the counter methods, the compound w gel was the best. The pads got expensive (for the length of time needed to get it all the way gone. The liquid in the bottle would get all sludgy and stop being as effective. The tube of gel was easy to apply and keep at it until it was all the way gone. But, it being on the face complicates that with your kid.

Thanks for the replies thus far. The one on his chin is quite small right now and I think we can contain it with some of the liquids. It got pretty big last year before the derm finally got it to fall off with the cryo. But like I said, it's starting to come back. The bigger problems are the ones on his fingers. he's got 3 on one hand and those got pretty big. They have started to go down now that he has been picking them off after applying the teatree, but seem to be coming back. 

I went through every conceivable dermatological treatment on my hands.  Finally had the doc cut down damn near to the bone.  Still came back.  My grandmother, who grew up on a farm scoffed at me and told me to use the apple cider vinegar.  I put a little bit on a bandaid every night for a couple of weeks.  The warts turned white and swellled up, then shrunk again.  I was like fuck this, it didn’t work.  Stopped putting the bandaids on.  About a week later I woke up and the wart was completely gone and has never returned.

Mid treatment right now for a mosaic wart that I've had for years and just go annoyed enough recently to remove it. This has been maybe 2 weeks. Doesn't hurt other than the initial dull stinging when applying the ointment on the raw pink skin. It's not very slightly for the face, but I originally used it for one on my finger.

ce1a67425371eb54b3936e159838f007.jpg66f95c2bf431d272e80943561f419c23.jpg

Mid treatment right now for a mosaic wart that I've had for years and just go annoyed enough recently to remove it. This has been maybe 2 weeks. Doesn't hurt other than the initial dull stinging when applying the ointment on the raw pink skin. It's not very slightly for the face, but I originally used it for one on my finger.

ce1a67425371eb54b3936e159838f007.jpg66f95c2bf431d272e80943561f419c23.jpg
Goo!

Fucking yuck, dude.

It doesn't sound like this is the species of wart that OP's son has, but for the warts that occur right at the corner of your nail cuticles, duct tape is the secret weapon.

It has to be absolutely airtight, and it will hurt like a motherfucker, but if you leave it absolutely smothered (taking an hour or two to air it out each week) you'll be done with it. 

Had a wart pop up on the inside of my left thumb about 40 years ago. Thing got pretty f'n big. Was ready to pay a rat to gnaw it off. I picked at it enough it was loose from the surrounding area all the way down under the surface. Took a pair of pliers and ripped that mf'er out down to the root. Bled for a bit, bit never came back.

On 9/13/2019 at 2:38 PM, tokamak said:

I used to get them on my hands many years ago. Went through maybe about a 3-4 year period where they'd come and go. Every now and then, I'd get pissed and dig one out with a pair of fingernail clippers. Not as painful as it sounds but bleeds a shitload. Obviously not a great option for your son's chin. After several years of that, one day they just went away. That was probably 10-ish years ago and I haven't had a single one since (knock on wood).

Same. Had them pop up from time to time as a kid through late teens. Tore them out every time and they eventually didn't want no mo'.

On 9/14/2019 at 4:22 AM, Spur08 said:

brother-man.  im pretty sure this is not warts.  its AIDS