North Carolina @ Wake Forest; ESPN, 5pm CT

TexasMan

3 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

It really bugs me that the University of North Carolina, in Chapel Hill, is closer to the city of Wake Forest, North Carolina, than Wake Forest University is. That's just wrong. Wake Forest being in Winston-Salem is like putting the University of Houston in San Angelo.

A long ass time ago it fell to me to drive across the state of Pennsylvania from the sw corner to the NE corner. Although every surrounding state had raised the speed limit to 65, PA, being a state of assholes and pedo-enablers, still rigorously enforced 55. Goddamn it that was the worst drive ever -- ugly landscapes and undermined mining towns and shit food at every roadside pit stop. It's a big state for one of those states that isn't Texas, too. Anyway, after what seemed like three days driving through that post-industrialist dystopia, I was thrilled to see that we were coming up for an exit for "Jersey Shore." Which is nowhere near the fucking Jersey Shore. My old school fold out map revealed the sad truth -- It's pretty close to being at the geographic center of that grotesque state. 

Philly's alright and I hear Pittsburgh's cool, but whoever said they were the bread around the shit sandwich that is the rest of that state hit the nail on the head. 

4 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

A long ass time ago it fell to me to drive across the state of Pennsylvania from the sw corner to the NE corner. Although every surrounding state had raised the speed limit to 65, PA, being a state of assholes and pedo-enablers, still rigorously enforced 55. Goddamn it that was the worst drive ever -- ugly landscapes and undermined mining towns and shit food at every roadside pit stop. It's a big state for one of those states that isn't Texas, too. Anyway, after what seemed like three days driving through that post-industrialist dystopia, I was thrilled to see that we were coming up for an exit for "Jersey Shore." Which is nowhere near the fucking Jersey Shore. My old school fold out map revealed the sad truth -- It's pretty close to being at the geographic center of that grotesque state. 

Philly's alright and I hear Pittsburgh's cool, but whoever said they were the bread around the shit sandwich that is the rest of that state hit the nail on the head. 

If you ate badly along the highway, that's on you. Sheetz and Wawa are the best convenience stores in the nation. GREAT sandwiches.

Big fan of any state university system that has an Indiana University and a California University and is neither of those state.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

It really bugs me that the University of North Carolina, in Chapel Hill, is closer to the city of Wake Forest, North Carolina, than Wake Forest University is. That's just wrong. Wake Forest being in Winston-Salem is like putting the University of Houston in San Angelo.

They used to be in Wake Forest, NC. RJ Reynolds’ family, owner of the cigarette company that produces Salem, Winston, Camel and other brands, practically bought Wake Forest and moved them to their land in Winston-Salem in 1941.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

If you ate badly along the highway, that's on you. Sheetz and Wawa are the best convenience stores in the nation. GREAT sandwiches.

Big fan of any state university system that has an Indiana University and a California University and is neither of those state.

Pretty sure those didn't exist in PA back then. We are talking 1990 or thereabouts. 

Yeah, and they also have a town called Matamoras. (Misspelled like that.)

5 minutes ago, Deej said:

North Carolina is getting the entire experience of 16 years of Mack Brown Texas Football in just three short weeks. Minus a national championship.

It was a 2 win program a year ago and their QBs have been terrible today. They were bound to have games like this. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Austin College being in Sherman tends to confuse people.

3 minutes ago, deac_tracy said:

I think this is a more of a testament to how awful South Carolina and Miami are. Assuming, of
course, Wake keeps this up. They play BC in Chestnut Hill next week. That’ll be the test to see if they’re actually legit or not.

Speaking of, they're up 10-0 on KU in Chestnut Hill in the first quarter and have the ball.

UNC D has looked WAY better since the 2Q on.

Dumb question but where does Mack rank from the all time perspective for coaches in general? I know it is easy to hate on him how he stopped giving a shit at the end, but also he was dominant for a 8 to 10 year stretch. Top 25% Top 10% all time?

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Anyway, after what seemed like three days driving through that post-industrialist dystopia, I was thrilled to see that we were coming up for an exit for "Jersey Shore." Which is nowhere near the fucking Jersey Shore. My old school fold out map revealed the sad truth -- It's pretty close to being at the geographic center of that grotesque state. 

I hated the parts of PA I saw when I drove through, and that was on the toll roads (of such pathetic quality, by the way, that they give Louisiana a run for their money in "worst roads I've ever driven on" sweepstakes).

Any time someone wonders how aggy is pulling recruits out of the Northeast, I think about the long stretches of absolute shit in PA and NJ that make me understand how someone could stand to live in aggyland. It's boring as shit in College Station, but at least there's someone to pick up the trash, and so long as you don't actually live on campus, the raw sewage smell isn't all that bad.

5 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I hated the parts of PA I saw when I drove through, and that was on the toll roads (of such pathetic quality, by the way, that they give Louisiana a run for their money in "worst roads I've ever driven on" sweepstakes).

Any time someone wonders how aggy is pulling recruits out of the Northeast, I think about the long stretches of absolute shit in PA and NJ that make me understand how someone could stand to live in aggyland. It's boring as shit in College Station, but at least there's someone to pick up the trash, and so long as you don't actually live on campus, the raw sewage smell isn't all that bad.

Yeah those NJ kids they've pulled are mostly from Camden. Go look at any random lot in Camden on Google Street View, it's a horrorshow.

SxhpWuY3Ks9ZZvTdnzjwStKpn_vwiW0xghOEPYbH