Imgur Picture Links Dead

dcbc

Have had good luck with Imgur for pictures, but as of today, they're all dead.  I'm assuming this is something that changed on Imgur's end, but it looks like I'm not the only one having the issue.  So I thought I'd check.

It's possible imgur has banned hotlinking to Surly. They've done things like this in the past on another board I post on, possibly because too many NSFW images were being hosted. [mention=1]spider[/mention] [mention=2]bob in houston[/mention]

{whatthefuck.gif}

5 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

It's possible imgur has banned hotlinking to Surly. They've done things like this in the past on another board I post on, possibly because too many NSFW images were being hosted.

If this is the case why are some showing up and not others?  I have one from yesterday still working, but 3 from last week that are not.  Doesn't seem consistent enough for a hotlinking ban to Surly.

I think I may have figured it out, at least for me.  The above image was posted using the BBCode.  The previous images, the ones that won't show up now, I was using the "direct link" URL, which would immediately show up in the message as soon as I pasted the link in.  The BBCode image doesn't show up until after you actually post.  Your mileage may vary, and five minutes from now Lynda may go bye bye...  

Edited by UTCzech III
i fuckin felt like it, ok?

4 minutes ago, irockalltherocks said:

Test

Jkdy2Vn.jpg

Can you see my pic, because I can't see yours.  I'm thinking maybe only the person who posts it can see it, I can't see Horn Spanker's pic above, but he says he can see it.  Fuckin weird... or they're just being dicks.

3 minutes ago, UTCzech III said:

Can you see my pic, because I can't see yours.  I'm thinking maybe only the person who posts it can see it, I can't see Horn Spanker's pic above, but he says he can see it.  Fuckin weird... or they're just being dicks.

I can see your pic. I posted the same pic ( that you can't see) in the 60s-80s thread and I could see it originally. However, when i logged back in after lunch it was gone.

Pics I posted in the Watch Fanatic thread are still there, as far as I can see.

I always use the BB Code.

Edited by irockalltherocks