Imgur Picture Links Dead

dcbc

1 hour ago, BamaSucks said:

NSAA will suck if the picture links dont work

Yeah, that's a huge swath of images that are just inexplicably off limits. The various lol pics, holy shit pics, etc. threads will suffer too. 

I hope I'm overreacting, but I feel like this is a potentially crippling blow to the overall content of the forum. Like we're opening up a restaurant that doesn't serve Coca-Cola but only Shasta products instead. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Yeah, that's a huge swath of images that are just inexplicably off limits. The various lol pics, holy shit pics, etc. threads will suffer too. 

I hope I'm overreacting, but I feel like this is a potentially crippling blow to the overall content of the forum. Like we're opening up a restaurant that doesn't serve Coca-Cola but only Shasta products instead. 

There are other options like a few posters have posted, you olds just need to learn to use a different host.

1 hour ago, GSU&UT said:

There are other options like a few posters have posted, you olds just need to learn to use a different host.

In my case, it is not as much that as the pics I was finding were already hosted on imgur. I do not care to download them and then reup them on a whole different site, just to post them here. For certain threads and singular posts, sure. But not for a thread like I was doing, where I was posting multiple pics every night.

3 hours ago, bamachine said:

In my case, it is not as much that as the pics I was finding were already hosted on imgur. I do not care to download them and then reup them on a whole different site, just to post them here. For certain threads and singular posts, sure. But not for a thread like I was doing, where I was posting multiple pics every night.

If you go to ImgBB, click Upload, then click add img URLs you can copy and paste a URL to upload that way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

how do you upload from the internet? It seems that you have to download to your laptop and the load it into tinypic.com right? That is a lot of clicks man.

Just click URL in the File Type and enter the web address of the pic (no need to download/upload).

3 minutes ago, woohorn said:
On 4/9/2018 at 12:41 AM, LoneStarBiker said:
Just click URL in the File Type and enter the web address of the pic (no need to download/upload).

Can the web address be our old imgr links?

Not sure if this is serious or my sarcasm meter is broken, but yes.

1 minute ago, woohorn said:
4 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:
Not sure if this is serious or my sarcasm meter is broken, but yes.

Was serious. I want meta stripped and I know imgur did it. So-if direct imgur link didn't work, I wondered if linking imgur through imgbb or whatever would show up.

If whatever metadata is on that imgur file, nothing is going to be added when you upload it again (well maybe some stuff that the new host adds to every image, but not like location data or something). You're simply allowing the new host to download the file via a URL and rehost it.

Edited by GSU&UT

Just now, woohorn said:

Talking about personal pics. Imgur wiped meta. I don't know about the others. Not talking about stock shit ripped from tmz links.

I've no idea as I haven't checked the other sites listed, you'll have to test. If you're that concerned you can upload it to imgur then copy and paste the imgur link to host it elsewhere.

1 hour ago, vox said:

This is bullshit.

Fucking imgur and their bitchy TOS...thefuck is this?

the only way to fight back would be by posting a meme on imgur with our complaint and then mass upvoting it to the frontpage to get @sarah's attention.

this would need to be coordinated like texags running a train on an internet poll.  can't let it die in usersub.

Edited by elfenix

On 4/8/2018 at 11:44 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

fucking imgur.  my reason to exist, to post stupid gifs on the lol and holy shit threads, is now in question.  i am vexed.  

those threads suck now.  

fuck imgur,  fuck kevin morgan, that fucking cumstain cock holster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Like 2

uh, we clearly have a subboard for best buy coupons, not for sale/trade

not to mention, most of the shit on imgur is from reddit, and that site hosts a massive number of sales/trades. many of which are used underwear.

Edited by elfenix

8 hours ago, elfenix said:

uh, we clearly have a subboard for best buy coupons, not for sale/trade

not to mention, most of the shit on imgur is from reddit, and that site hosts a massive number of sales/trades. many of which are used underwear.

Whoops, sorry, my bad.  

I don't know what more we can do on that front.  I haven't heard anything back from "Martyn."

Maybe hide the Best Buy Coupons forum from public view?