Imgur Picture Links Dead

dcbc

2 hours ago, DocZaius said:

Whoops, sorry, my bad.  

I don't know what more we can do on that front.  I haven't heard anything back from "Martyn."

Maybe hide the Best Buy Coupons forum from public view?

logged in users only might do it. 

I've posted this site before b/c it's very easy to paste screenshots. The one limitation is that the images only stay on their server for 6 months. I think they will maintain the images as long as they're viewed once every 6 months. It has basic editing features like cropping. So you don't necessarily need a URL to host the image. If you can see it 1:1 on your screen, press PrintScreen or alt+PrintScreen and then Ctrl+V in snaggy. You can upload anonymously or create an account.

https://snag.gy/

I wonder if it has anything to do with the way the software here handles links versus vBulletin.  [not a software guy].  

what's also strange to me is the randomness of imgur links that survived.  1 out of 4 of mine in the hss thread stayed.  I happened to be on my desktop pc for the one that survived and made the effort to shrink it down before posting it.  unfortunately, the same approach from my ipad didn't work.  twice.  and for all I know, the one I can still see no one else can (sausage and refried been wraps).  

they make a point of telling you how much bandwidth your image is drawing, so maybe there's something there.  that 'Martyn' couldn't or wouldn't elaborate on the specifics of the 'violation' should be embarassing to them as an organization.  but I don't get how they make any money anyway, so maybe they're oblivious to such considerations as customer service.

Is it just a complete lost cause to try to address their concerns to whatever extent is necessary? In my (admittedly ignorant) opinion, it seems like this is just some automated/zero tolerance fuckup kind of conclusion that they arrived at, and that we should be able to remedy things pretty easily, at least as long as there's a reasonable human (i.e., someone with more interest in actually doing their job than the disinterested Martyn character) for us to appeal to. 

11 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Is it just a complete lost cause to try to address their concerns to whatever extent is necessary? In my (admittedly ignorant) opinion, it seems like this is just some automated/zero tolerance fuckup kind of conclusion that they arrived at, and that we should be able to remedy things pretty easily, at least as long as there's a reasonable human (i.e., someone with more interest in actually doing their job than the disinterested Martyn character) for us to appeal to. 

They do have a support forum - maybe a few more eyeballs on it would help.  Maybe if we asked to speak with Martyn's supervisor?

17 hours ago, Texas007 said:

Test Test

LcJhz3AR_o.jpg

Thank you for the link to imgbox

I see you snapped a pic on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 Active.   FYI, imgbb and imgbox don't strip exif data, so be mindful of that when you post pics you took on your phone.  Phone info, GPS data, etc. can be included in the exif data.

• Like 1

one of the founders, Sarah, is their community relations manager.  have to go over the head of martyn, who was probably a bot anyway.  if we create a post with the saga of shaggy/surly and vote it up to the front page out of usersub, we may get her attention.  just need to get ramjet and thujone on some artwork and coordinate the upvoting.

Edited by elfenix

2 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

I see you snapped a pic on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 Active.   FYI, imgbb and imgbox don't strip exif data, so be mindful of that when you post pics you took on your phone.  Phone info, GPS data, etc. can be included in the exif data.

imgbb has a setting to turn off exif data

imgbb.png

• Like 1