Looking for Flooring Co in Austin for Tile Installation

3adays

2 hours ago, 3adays said:

I can’t really use a sub doing a “side job” on this one. Needing a good vendor who does this all the time. 

Good subs see this as regular business, do it all the time and not a side job.  Good builders don't just buy tile, deliver it and drop off idiots to install it. They hire tile contractors.  Those guys have real businesses, insurance, etc. and do turnkey work. 

• Like 2

I think one of the better tile stores is "The Tile Guy" on Anderson Lane.  I think they only sell the tile but I am sure they have a list of reputable vendors.  Tile Laying is actually pretty simple, it's deciding where to start with the full tiles for the sightline and keeping everything square, and being able to do math.  MATH IMHO is the most important part. The main thing you DO NOT want is skinny ass cut tiles along walls. 

The ceramic plank wood look is all the rage now, but I usually ask then why not wood?  

3 hours ago, horn4life said:

The ceramic plank wood look is all the rage now, but I usually ask then why not wood?  

My own personal experience is that you don't have to worry about water or scratches when moving stuff and you don't have to be as careful when cleaning.  My sister had an AC backup and is having to replace 600 sq ft of warped wood.  That'll never be a concern of mine.

5 hours ago, horn4life said:

I think one of the better tile stores is "The Tile Guy" on Anderson Lane.  I think they only sell the tile but I am sure they have a list of reputable vendors.  Tile Laying is actually pretty simple, it's deciding where to start with the full tiles for the sightline and keeping everything square, and being able to do math.  MATH IMHO is the most important part. The main thing you DO NOT want is skinny ass cut tiles along walls. 

We used this company for our rental house. Very reasonable prices for supplies.