Joseph Ossai

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, ousux said:

I remember stealing this kid from aggy was kind of a big deal at the time..had no idea how big.emoji869.png

Edit- maybe he wasnt quite as into the sheep humpers as i thought, but that was 9.95er narrative.

maroon pajamas

he was going to a&m until he was set straight on the engineering degree quality and BC got involved

5 hours ago, Atticus said:

maroon pajamas

he was going to a&m until he was set straight on the engineering degree quality and BC got involved

When they fired Sumlin and hired Jimbo, he didn’t commit to keeping Terry Price initially.  With Sumlin gone and Prices future uncertain, it opened the door for Giles and Carrington to hammer our sales pitch.  He was heading to aggy otherwise.

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

When they fired Sumlin and hired Jimbo, he didn’t commit to keeping Terry Price initially.  With Sumlin gone and Prices future uncertain, it opened the door

Maybe he preferred his brisket and ribs like they were smoked on the face of the sun. Not going to judge 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/10/2020 at 9:45 PM, Coach pop a bitch said:

he had some wtf moments in game one, and i was really worried about that. i watch all of the games with my mom, and i was rewinding the broadcast and showing her plays where he looked lost, explaining to her that he was supposed to be somewhat of our Orakpo or Sergio Kindle from their senior years, and that they never looked lost like that during their final seasons.

man- the stuff that i've been rewinding and bringing back since then has been extremely impressive to say the least. there was one play in particular against OU where he was influenced outside at the snap, and the RB was gone. IIRC he may have even been blocked to the ground. he proceeded to get up, sprint downfield to get back in the play, passing four or five of his teammates in the process, and he ended up catching up to the RB and punching the ball out. we must have rewound it and watched it five times. i remember saying to her that the best teams i have ever seen, across all sports, tend to have one thing in common- relentlessness. Joseph Ossai has been relentless over the last three games, and it has shown.

conversely, there was also a play in the OU game where that oft-celebrating #15 guy for us was playing up on the line in man coverage on a play that ended up being a screen right at him. he was knocked to the ground by his man off the snap, and he stayed down for a bit, visibly disappointed with himself. only thing is, the WR who caught the screen ended up dancing around for a while, and 15 was able to get up off the ground and get back in the play while it was still going. if he had simply hoped up off the ground and kept playing he would have gotten a TFL. he could learn a thing or two watching Ossai. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

he had some wtf moments in game one, and i was really worried about that. i watch all of the games with my mom, and i was rewinding the broadcast and showing her plays where he looked lost, explaining to her that he was supposed to be somewhat of our Orakpo or Sergio Kindle from their senior years, and that they never looked lost like that during their final seasons.

man- the stuff that i've been rewinding and bringing back since then has been extremely impressive to say the least. there was one play in particular against OU where he was influenced outside at the snap, and the RB was gone. IIRC he may have even been blocked to the ground. he proceeded to get up, sprint downfield to get back in the play, passing four or five of his teammates in the process, and he ended up catching up to the RB and punching the ball out. we must have rewound it and watched it five times. i remember saying to her that the best teams i have ever seen, across all sports, tend to have one thing in common- relentlessness. Joseph Ossai has been relentless over the last three games, and it has shown.

conversely, there was also a play in the OU game where that oft-celebrating #15 guy for us was playing up on the line in man coverage on a play that ended up being a screen right at him. he was knocked to the ground by his man off the snap, and he stayed down for a bit, visibly disappointed with himself. only thing is, the WR who caught the screen ended up dancing around for a while, and 15 was able to get up off the ground and get back in the play while it was still going. if he had simply hoped up off the ground and kept playing he would have gotten a TFL. he could learn a thing or two watching Ossai. 

so what is your mom's draft projection for Ossai?  Where did she have Rak and Kindle slotted? Was she concerned about Kindle's off-field issues, and does she think they contributed to his disappointing NFL career?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

so what is your mom's draft projection for Ossai?  Where did she have Rak and Kindle slotted? Was she concerned about Kindle's off-field issues, and does she think they contributed to his disappointing NFL career?  

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Ossai will go to some NFL team, which in 20 seconds will fix a little thing that he does wrong, and he'll be an All Pro starting in Year 2.
Because Texas.

Yep, we have seen recent Texas players be surprisingly sticky on NFL rosters, because coming out of college you have no clue what their actual ceiling is...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

41 minutes ago, Nope said:

Yep, we have seen recent Texas players be surprisingly sticky on NFL rosters, because coming out of college you have no clue what their actual ceiling is...

They're very smart, it's the coaches who are dumb. They stick on rosters on talent alone, and then when the NFL gets them it's what we should have gotten in college, but morons as coaches and such...

Basically, I agree with you 100%

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

They're very smart, it's the coaches who are dumb. They stick on rosters on talent alone, and then when the NFL gets them it's what we should have gotten in college, but morons as coaches and such...

Basically, I agree with you 100%

We are basically driving down the price the NFL has to pay for blue chip talent. They must love us.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, pacman said:

That's the tough thing about such a disappointing season. Players like Ossai go unappreciated. I think our site here does well but overall there hasn't said much about him.

He is just a special player all around.

If you think Ossai is going unappreciated...  I guarantee you that NFL GM's are watching him as an early rounder.