Joseph Ossai

LTtxfan

Did you see his eyes when they were tossing the coin for OT?  Bill Bradley once was asked to call heads or tails and he replied it don't make a shit.  Ossai's look said the same thing-no way you are going to win this game, I won't allow it.

• Hook 'Em 7

21 minutes ago, pch said:

Did you see his eyes when they were tossing the coin for OT?  Bill Bradley once was asked to call heads or tails and he replied it don't make a shit.  Ossai's look said the same thing-no way you are going to win this game, I won't allow it.

YES! I was going to make that comment during the game but I guess I didn't. He was looking at Sanders and his eyes said "I'm going to fucking bury you".

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Compared to Kindle, Ossai has a Shelby motor and Kindle had a Briggs & Stratton from a push mower.

Or something like that. I could wordsmith that better if I were sober, but the point is that Ossai plays harder than maybe anyone who has ever put on Texas jersey.

Yeah, he's special. Other than Derrick Johnson, I can't think of someone that just wills their self into dominance. Dude should be a 1st rounder without question, but the NFL is run by morons. 

12 minutes ago, Monahorns said:

The announcers said it.  When your most talented player is the hardest worker on the team, good things have to happen.  That good thing was winning today.

What if we can convince him to stay?

Actually, hold that thought - I'll be in my bunk 

1 hour ago, Hozz said:

12 tackles 6 TFL 3 sacks and a forced fumble...holy shit.  Won the game in OT.  Hard pressed to think of a more dominant defensive player performance in recent memory.  As in, I can't.

He should get credit for 13 tackles because he damn sure tackled himself on his fumble recovery. 😂

1 hour ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Can't get over the game this young man had. All off season we talked about it and he flashed in games but today g took it to another level. Best game I've seen a UT defender have since 08 Earl vs ousux 

Alex Okafor with 4.5 sacks against Oregon State is the last I can think of. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

6fa7f8427ff6802935d382943d9bc3b3.jpg

just staring through that man's soul. like a predator that's identified it's prey. chilling stare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This right here. The executioner peers down on his condemned victim with no regret, no empathy, only knowing that the outcome is certain.  Sanders is resigned to his fate and cannot look Ossai in the eyes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, pch said:

This right here. The executioner peers down on his condemned victim with no regret, no empathy, only knowing that the outcome is certain.  Sanders is resigned to his fate and cannot look Ossai in the eyes.

i went back and rewatched it a few times, and it's subtle, but when Wallace leans in to better hear the ref you can see Ossai's head move with him- yet his fixed gaze doesn't move or blink. his his eyes remain locked on Wallace, like a leopard about to pounce for the kill. it seriously gave me goosebumps. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i went back and rewatched it a few times, and it's subtle, but when Wallace leans in to better hear the ref you can see Ossai's head move with him- yet his fixed gaze doesn't move or blink. his his eyes remain locked on Wallace, like a leopard about to pounce for the kill. it seriously gave me goosebumps. 

just went ahead and uploaded it:

the way he keeps his eyes fixed on him like that... 👀 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Looked like Lawrence Taylor today. Without coke.

As an aside, Ossai is a great young man off the field too.  I'd be truly shocked if he ever runs into trouble with the law.

Easy as hell to root for... and as a fan of football, just watching him wreak havoc and destruction to offenses is jaw-dropping at times.

Edited by slorch