Tards at Desert Sumlins

Zharkov

7 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

stupid millennial tech grad girl at work the last 2 weeks: "We finally have a defense. We're gonna be so good this year" 

Me on Monday: "Yeah but... offense... " 

Honestly have to feel bad for the D. They played great for 3.25 quarters. Just nothing left in the tank when your offense just does nothing but give the ball back the entire game.

4 scores in 14 fucking drives isn't bad. Ain't shit when your offense can't score though.

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I feel like Tech really missed a golden opportunity by not hiring SS Rum Runner. He would have marked a return to the high seas and heavy alcohol consumption that took their program to it's greatest heights in 2008 before the CJH5H cannonball sunk Leach's battleship....

Would've been fantastic.  Yo ho ho.

jones-att-stadium.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

bowman kinda sucks.  probably speaks to kliff's offensive prowess that he was considered a good player last year.

Bowman is a good player.  I think he's afraid of contact right now (which is fair enough, considering he collapsed his lung twice last year), and this offensive system needs a QB who can run and get hit sometimes.  He wouldn't be the right QB for this offense even without that, but he is a better player than he's shown so far this year.

I hoped we'd be a little better than this, but it's a bit like when Tuberville was coaching Tech, where they wanted to run the ball but just couldn't do it consistently with the personnel left over.  Tubs never did the work in recruiting to fix that, but I think Wells and his group is committed.  It's going to take a couple of years to build this right, though, so I hope people can be patient. 

All I really want out of this season is to see from improvement from now until the last game, instead of the patented end of the season Kliff collapse.  If Wells can deliver that, I'll feel good about the future.   

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Look what "Swagcopter Stumblin" is doing...

Arizona: Arizona Football is hiring two positions in its recruiting department.  Interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the following links. 

Assistant Director, Recruiting and High School Relations

Coordinator of On-Campus Recruiting. 

No phone calls please.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1