Okie State defense

TexArcher

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah well Oklahoma State we heard all this stuff last year and then your team came out and was an unstoppable juggernaut in the first half. 

That's called being an OSU fan, my man.

Those of us who have been around for a while don't trust our team for shit, lol. 

Imagine if Texas was like how you guys were in the post-Colt/pre-Elhlinger (sp?) era... except way worse.... and it lasted like....oh....30 years or so....  That was my experience with OSU for basically my whole life until Gundy really got it rolling in the late 2000s.

Even when we had a team that I was SURE would beat any team in the country (2011), we found a way to fuck it up and lose to a 6-6 team.

You could say I have just a bit of PTSD associated with OSU football. 

Edited by oSuJeff97

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Hence why I do not trust your evaluations of your own team!

Gundy has coached circles around us for a decade. I expect Oklahoma State to bring its best effort on Saturday.

Yep. Texas is favored for a reason, but I fully expect some new wrinkles from OSU and a fine-tuned game plan built to exploit the defensive weaknesses Texas has shown. You know OSU's players will be up for the game as well. Texas is obviously capable of winning, but they will absolutely have to earn it.

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Hence why I do not trust your evaluations of your own team!

Gundy has coached circles around us for a decade. I expect Oklahoma State to bring its best effort on Saturday.

this is every single team.  i swear we get every teams juggernaut effort, walk ons have career games and heismans are won against us   the next week they get shut out by woffard  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

this is every single team.  i swear we get every teams juggernaut effort, walk ons have career games and heismans are won against us   the next week they get shut out by woffard  

yep, usually its OUsux they lay an egg against, then they walk off with the conference. 

5 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

Games stolen are much sweeter than games earned.  How many Sooners are in your family?

We didn't steal it.  We look at it as a gift.  Actually, I bet you could go to our board and find someone within the first two minutes who will argue to the death that the game was officiated properly.   I wouldn't recommend it though.  It will be frustrating for you and embarrassing for me.  

oh, and one Sooner in the family.  

Last year's Oklahoma State was our most shocking defeat after Maryland, we were just embarrassed the whole first half...yet everybody is still so pissed off about 2015 it hardly left a blip.

And in 2016 we had three extra points blocked. In 2017 our offense wasted one of the greatest defensive performances in school history to lose. But we hardly care, that is how traumatized we all were by 2015.

Edited by Valmy77

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

My favorite was when there was a pile of Texas players on a fumble.  And the okie state QB just runs up and sticks one arm in the pile.  Okie State ball.

I'm always surprised that this board always mentions defensive holding on a run play as though it doesn't exist, but rarely mention this one. This is the one that I remember being dumbfounded by the call.

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm always surprised that this board always mentions defensive holding on a run play as though it doesn't exist, but rarely mention this one. This is the one that I remember being dumbfounded by the call.

The deal about that defensive holding is not that it doesn’t happen.  But to me it was because Poona had his back to the Olineman who was holding Poona.  It was ridiculous.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

My favorite was when there was a pile of Texas players on a fumble.  And the okie state QB just runs up and sticks one arm in the pile.  Okie State ball.

I was posting in the Charlie Strong thread and saw this.  Makes you wonder if is wasn't Texas people fixing that game to get rid of Charlie...then again T. Boone Pickens.

18 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

I was posting in the Charlie Strong thread and saw this.  Makes you wonder if is wasn't Texas people fixing that game to get rid of Charlie...then again T. Boone Pickens.

In 2015, no.  A lot were on board that year after Notre Dame.  Until we started losing later and ND turned out to suck.  Charlie was screwed that game.  Royally. 

Now the next year against Okie State was all his dumbfuckery.  Missed extra points.  Taking a delay penalty with three timeouts available right before half that knocked us out of comfortable FG range for our kicker.  

20 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Your first theory makes more sense. Having watched almost all OSU games over the last 15-20 years, I can assure you the refs don't do us any favors. That game was really, really weird.

10 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

In 2015, no.  A lot were on board that year after Notre Dame.  Until we started losing later and ND turned out to suck.  Charlie was screwed that game.  Royally. 

Now the next year against Okie State was all his dumbfuckery.  Missed extra points.  Taking a delay penalty with three timeouts available right before half that knocked us out of comfortable FG range for our kicker.  

Notre Dame destroyed us in 2015. It was 2016 where we beat a shitty ND team.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Your first theory makes more sense. Having watched almost all OSU games over the last 15-20 years, I can assure you the refs don't do us any favors. That game was really, really weird.

Yeah, I don't understand why anyone would think "THE FIXXX" would be in to beat Texas. If it was that simple, we'd win bedlam more than once a fucking decade. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Yeah, I don't understand why anyone would think "THE FIXXX" would be in to beat Texas. If it was that simple, we'd win bedlam more than once a fucking decade. 

I don't think anyone blames OSU specifically for that game, but the head official was on record as being a militant hater of Texas and his record of officiating and flags against us historically was over double his average in games involving any other teams. I believe he is even barred from officiating our games anymore by the Big12 if I am not mistaken. That bush league personal foul call on Strong sent me into orbit when I saw it live. 

Just now, Vertigo said:

I don't think anyone blames OSU specifically for that game, but the head official was on record as being a militant hater of Texas and his record of officiating and flags against us historically was over double his average in games involving any other teams. I believe he is even barred from officiating our games anymore by the Big12 if I am not mistaken. That bush league personal foul call on Strong sent me into orbit when I saw it live. 

Angry Tech fan to be specific

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 6:42 PM, Carl Spackler said:

I do not like this.  Herman's teams generally play better when they are dogs.  

IMO, herman's mindset, which isn't altogether bad, but unfortunately it infects his playcalling(see early LSU).  he needs to remember he is coaching at Texas now.  we don't need to shock the opponent.  we need to prepare and beat them down.

52 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

2016, coming out of a bye week, was the most unprepared Texas team I've ever seen.   I was one of those willing to give Charlie a chance in 2016 (in part because of the absolute screw job in the 2015 OSU game) but I don't think he had a single supporter left after that debacle.

11 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

IMO, herman's mindset, which isn't altogether bad, but unfortunately it infects his playcalling(see early LSU).  he needs to remember he is coaching at Texas now.  we don't need to shock the opponent.  we need to prepare and beat them down.

I have zero problem with going for the TD against LSU. Statistics suggest the majority of the time you get that TD.

And just because you are at Texas doesn't mean you can beat down top 10 opponents without being aggressive. 

Edited by Valmy77

17 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

4th down at the goal line with Sam Ehlinger. I'm going for it every time unless we're down by 2 with 2 seconds on the clock. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Um, yeah.  Plenty of posters on the Shag blame OSU and honestly believe Boone paid off the refs.  Not the ones that are intelligent, but that also describes plenty of posters on the Shag.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Um, yeah.  Plenty of posters on the Shag blame OSU and honestly believe Boone paid off the refs.  Not the ones that are intelligent, but that also describes plenty of posters on the Shag.  

Yeah plenty of people think OSU has more clout with the Big 12 than Texas does, which is ridiculous.

That ref crew was just garbage. Though I really wish that guy who flagged Strong after he bumped him had been fired that afternoon.

30 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I have zero problem with going for the TD against LSU. Statistics suggest the majority of the time you get that TD.

And just because you are at Texas doesn't mean you can beat down top 10 opponents without being aggressive. 

I was talking more about the Sam deep throws.  I didn't mind the first 4th down call.