What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

Its kind of funny thinking about a whistleblower exposing the President acting against our nation's best interests in lieu of another country's.  That sort of implies this behavior of the President's hasn't been publicly visible for close to three years now.

Whistleblower:  "OMG!  The President is a national security risk!"

Anyone not infected with the Foxus Newseri brain-eating amoeba:

well-obviously.gif

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 4

CNN article disclosed that official WH records show Trump has directly communicated with 5 leaders during this 5 weeks period. Leaders of Russia, Pakistan, NK, Qatar and Netherlands.  

Call me crazy but I would have assumed our President had more frequent conversations with world leaders especially ones considered our long term allies.  But then again this is trump and why would most leaders want to speak with him. 

7 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

How do people still support this dude? It's literally unbelievable when you think about it. He's gonna do his best to cheat the next election too.

After fielding the complaint on Aug. 12, Atkinson submitted it to Maguire two weeks later. By law, Maguire is required to transmit such complaints to Congress within seven days. But in this case, he refrained from doing so after turning for legal guidance to officials at the Justice Department.

Yeah, this shit right here is mind bottling. Of course the rubes in God's country will never hear about this shit because Tucker and Sean won't be talking about it. 

12 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Yeah, this shit right here is mind bottling. Of course the rubes in God's country will never hear about this shit because Tucker and Sean won't be talking about it. 

Like they'd care even if they did hear about it.  Greatest President ever...sent by God, etc, etc, etc

So, it appears the whistleblower was compelled to act because of the content of a phone call between Trump and an undisclosed foreign head of state.  How did that content become available to the whistleblower?  Was he/she present during the call?  Are transcripts kept?  Was the call recorded, either surreptitiously or as a matter of policy?

Asking for me.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So, it appears the whistleblower was compelled to act because of the content of a phone call between Trump and an undisclosed foreign head of state.  How did that content become available to the whistleblower?  Was he/she present during the call?  Are transcripts kept?  Was the call recorded, either surreptitiously or as a matter of policy?

Asking for me.

Well, see, here's the thing......just like all the other crimes this administration has committed, they are blocking any information about it. 

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Asking for me.

Trump probably bragged about it in the Oval after the call to anyone who would listen.

So the law *requires* submitting it to Congress. No wiggle room. This is a necessary function of Congressional oversight. But the acting (not senate approved) DNI head thinks this is serious enough of a scandal he’s willing to put his career on the line to prevent Congress from even learning about it. It’s both shocking and somehow unsurprising that Barr’s DOJ is providing any legal fig leaf here  

jimmyjazz, under a normal President readouts of calls with foreign leaders are circulated to White House staff. I have no idea what happened in this context. 

Transcript of Carol Leonnig, WaPo investigative journalist, last night on Maddow:

”… somebody who used to work at the White House, and now, has returned to their Intelligence agency, has complained to the Inspector General that this is such a serious and flagrant abuse, that they want it on the record. They want it noted. And the Inspector General has also made it clear that this is something the Gang of Eight would normally be briefed about. …

The sources are also saying — and stressing — that this is some sort of promise that the President has made.”

7 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Transcript of Carol Leonnig, WaPo investigative journalist, last night on Maddow:

”… somebody who used to work at the White House, and now, has returned to their Intelligence agency, has complained to the Inspector General that this is such a serious and flagrant abuse, that they want it on the record. They want it noted. And the Inspector General has also made it clear that this is something the Gang of Eight would normally be briefed about. …

The sources are also saying — and stressing — that this is some sort of promise that the President has made.”

Well on the bright side Trump doesn't keep his promises.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

DNI head thinks this is serious enough of a scandal he’s willing to put his career on the line to prevent Congress from even learning about it. It’s both shocking and somehow unsurprising that Barr’s DOJ is providing any legal fig leaf here  

Lulz this is the shit that makes my jaw drop. How many people has Donald ruined and left disgraced? But there's still a line of dipshits ready to take selfies with the face eating leopards. 

I am sure what he promised is going to be awful, but I find it shocking he only had phone calls with leaders of Russia, North Korea, Qatar, Pakistan, and the Dutch over five weeks.  I mean I know he doesn't work but that is a scary list. 

7 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I spent a lot of time thinking about this, unfortunately.

You have to have so little self-respect that you are ok being lied to over and over.  You have to be ok with being told what to do.  You have to have an Abbottian spine  and be perfectly fine with someone bullying disabled people or a gold star family.  You have to believe that owning a gun makes you more of a patriot than someone who is expressing their freedom of speech.  You wear an american flag shirt to prove you are a love it or leave it 'murican but would rather be a russian than a democrat.   You have absolutely no care whatsoever for the environment.  However you do get mad when he hurts "the wrong people".  You would rather lose your family farm than vote for someone with a D next to their name.  You easily confuse contradiction for persecution.  You have to have the foresight of a mayfly.  You have to have hate in your heart and marbles in your head. 

I don't think most people fully comprehend how much poison fox news (and conservative radio) has injected into our society. The amount of division and hatred they've manufactured in this country is depressing to think about b/c when Trump is gone next year all of his deplorables and their telescreen remain. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I spent a lot of time thinking about this, unfortunately.

You have to have so little self-respect that you are ok being lied to over and over.  You have to be ok with being told what to do.  You have to have an Abbottian spine  and be perfectly fine with someone bullying disabled people or a gold star family.  You have to believe that owning a gun makes you more of a patriot than someone who is expressing their freedom of speech.  You wear an american flag shirt to prove you are a love it or leave it 'murican but would rather be a russian than a democrat.   You have absolutely no care whatsoever for the environment.  However you do get mad when he hurts "the wrong people".  You would rather lose your family farm than vote for someone with a D next to their name.  You easily confuse contradiction for persecution.  You have to have the foresight of a mayfly.  You have to have hate in your heart and marbles in your head. 

Its actually really simple. Lots of people are “one issue” voters. To evangelicals he is seen as an imperfect vessel to do Gods work. Literally they believe he is here to stop abortion and punish people who aren’t into Jesus the same way they are.

This is a voting block that was started in the early 90’s with homeboy Newt. The move was made by a national group of pretty right sided religious leaders and was supposed to get a jackass in power after Clinton was elected the first time. They paid off in close elections after liberal presidents with Bush in ‘00 and then again 2016. 

7 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I don't think most people fully comprehend how much poison fox news (and conservative radio) has injected into our society. The amount of division and hatred they've manufactured in this country is depressing to think about b/c when Trump is gone next year all of his deplorables and their telescreen remain. 

Totally agree.  I could've kept going and going but i was getting too angry

11 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I was told Barack Obama was the most divisive president in history.

32 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Its actually really simple. Lots of people are “one issue” voters. To evangelicals he is seen as an imperfect vessel to do Gods work. Literally they believe he is here to stop abortion and punish people who aren’t into Jesus the same way they are.

Abortions dropped again last year due in large part to the ACA covering contraception. Weird. 

• Like 3

Whether you love or hate Trump, it's hard to fully comprehend this story without more details. A President could be lying to another foreign leader about a deal, or the President could be making an illegal deal. Or the whistleblower themselves doesn't understand enough to comprehend.  We don't know without context and understanding how it plays out.

Now if a President asks for a bribe or other personal benefit, it isn't so gray anymore.

30 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Abortions dropped again last year due in large part to the ACA covering contraception. Weird. 

It just goes to show that they are stupid and/or liars.  Stricter abortion laws don't have a big impact on decreasing abortions.  They just make they less safe and more expensive.  Access to healthcare, access to contraceptives, and legitimate sex education (not abstinence only) significantly decrease the rate of abortions.  But those are three things evangelicals don't support.  

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Whether you love or hate Trump, it's hard to fully comprehend this story without more details. A President could be lying to another foreign leader about a deal, or the President could be making an illegal deal. Or the whistleblower themselves doesn't understand enough to comprehend.  We don't know without context and understanding how it plays out.

Now if a President asks for a bribe or other personal benefit, it isn't so gray anymore.

No but the issue here is whether Congress gets to make that assessment of the situation or not. The President has chosen unilaterally, Congress does not in violation of the law. 

To the early question of how do you support this guy: (1) you are dumb, (2) you're not dumb but made a Faustian bargain to achieve some goal and are a piece of shit. That's his support. Oh, and the racists.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Best theory I’ve seen so far is that he promised Putin that he’d give him the spy that the CIA had extracted, forcing the IC to go public about the spy to try to protect him.

Is this a twitter theory, or a real theory being floated in the media?

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Is this a twitter theory, or a real theory being floated in the media?

Twitter speculation from Brian Beutler of Crooked Media, among others. Not supported by reported sources but the timeline of events that we know seems to make it likelier than other theories.

I’m still not ruling out that he promised MBS he’d nuke Tehran in exchange for naming rights to a hotel in Riyadh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Can we declare war on Russia so we can put a stop to the treason?!?

Everything involving what would have been treason if the Cold War was an actual declared war was actually lumped into the Espionage Act. If what is being hypothesized is true, Trump might be able to be charged under the Espionage Act.

• Like 1

Like it fucking matters.  Say the theory is true.  Fox or whoever will put out some story that the wife of the outed CIA agent once gave $10 to the Obama campaign combined with commentators arguing that the president has the right to declassify whatever he wants.  And Tahoe, EMA, and 40% of the country, including the other two branches of government, will nod along.  Hell, they aren't even bothering to send out tweets saying they're troubled anymore.

• Haha 1