What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

Possibilities for the promise(s) Trump made to a foreign leader

1) Identity and repatriation of CIA source within the Russian government

2) Promise the US would withdraw from the INF, which allowed the Russians to openly test rather than just covertly violating the agreement as they've been doing for years.

3) Promise to drop sanctions on Russia, renormalize relations, and/or readmit Russia to the G7 

4) Promise to stop aiding Ukraine against the Russian invasion and illegal annexation of Crimea

5) Pressure on Ukraine to reopen investigation of Hunter Biden and/or give Trump dirt to hurt Joe

18 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I had missed this reporting about Trump/Zelensky but this is probably it:

But we’re reliably told that the president has a second and more venal agenda: He is attempting to force Mr. Zelensky to intervene in the 2020 U.S. presidential election by launching an investigation of the leading Democratic candidate, Joe Biden. Mr. Trump is not just soliciting Ukraine’s help with his presidential campaign; he is using U.S. military aid the country desperately needs in an attempt to extort it.

The strong-arming of Mr. Zelensky was openly reported to the New York Times last month by Mr. Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani, who said he had met in Madrid with a close associate of the Ukrainian leader and urged that the new government restart an investigation of Mr. Biden and his son. Hunter Biden served on the board of a Ukrainian gas company, while Joe Biden, as vice president, urged the dismissal of Ukraine’s top prosecutor, who investigated the firm.

Mr. Giuliani also wants a probe of claims that revelations of payments by a Ukrainian political party to Mr. Trump’s 2016 campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, were part of a plot to wreck Mr. Trump’s candidacy. In other words, Trump associates want the Ukrainian government to prove that Ukraine improperly acted against Mr. Trump in the 2016 election; but they also want it to meddle in his favor for 2020.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/is-trump-strong-arming-ukraines-new-president-for-political-gain/2019/09/05/4eb239b0-cffa-11e9-8c1c-7c8ee785b855_story.html

If Biden urged Ukraine to dismiss the guy investigating his son, that was an abuse of power. If Trump threatened to withhold military aid in order for them to reopen it, that was an even greater abuse of power. I wouldn't be surprised if Putin somehow had his hands in this affair as well.

Edited by NotActuallyALonghorn

If Biden urged Ukraine to dismiss the guy investigating his son, that was an abuse of power. If Trump threatened to withhold military aid in order for them to reopen it, that was an even greater abuse of power. I wouldn't be surprised if Putin somehow had his hands in this affair as well.
Hell of a way to get rid of Biden and Trump in 2020. Win-win.
  • Like 2

They knew he was a criminal when they voted for him--declared bankruptcy multiple times while hiding his taxes.
They knew he was a criminal when Rudy G said collusion isn't against the law.
They knew he was a criminal when multiple campaign staffers including his manager were indicted
They knew he was a criminal when he didn't know Russians and whores until he did, many in fact.
They knew he was a criminal when they said he was unimpeachable.
They know he's a criminal and profits off the presidency and sells the US out amongst other things.  And this is just the tip of the iceberg.  Republicans don't care.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Willing to bet that all that will come of this is a repeated assertion of “Biden” and “Ukraine” and Fox News claiming that we should ACTUALLY thank Trump/Rudy for trying to get to the bottom of it.

And they do it without any evidence, ever.

Republican talking point (worthy of jail time for president): “The current president suspected that a candidate in the upcoming election had connections to a foreign country, therefore he asks his own government to investigate.”

Republican talking point (worthy of praise for president): “The current president suspected that a candidate in the upcoming election had connections to a foreign country, therefore he asks said foreign government to investigate in return for money.”

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, deech said:

Up next Cruz and Graham righteous indignation that anyone would question the President's authority on this and the real investigation and whistle-blowing ought to be on the Bidens, Clintons, Obamas, AOC, literally every Democrat but the criminals leaving a trail.

FIFY

21 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

They knew he was a criminal when they voted for him--declared bankruptcy multiple times while hiding his taxes.
They knew he was a criminal when Rudy G said collusion isn't against the law.
They knew he was a criminal when multiple campaign staffers including his manager were indicted
They knew he was a criminal when he didn't know Russians and whores until he did, many in fact.
They knew he was a criminal when they said he was unimpeachable.
They know he's a criminal and profits off the presidency and sells the US out amongst other things.  And this is just the tip of the iceberg.  Republicans don't care.  

I’m using that in future internet flame wars.

3 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I'm having trouble figuring out if this is any different than what was reported a month ago about Trump wanting Ukraine on Biden's son.  Is it just that we are finding out that there was someone whistleblowing on that fact too?  Or are there other facts that are coming out?

It's the fact that Trump requested that in exchange for much needed US military aid.  It also appears that Ukraine put that in it's official government summaries of the conversation, but the US did not.

Edited by deech

3 minutes ago, deech said:

If I was Pelosi I would formally start the impeachment process on this point alone tomorrow.

She should wait until we are sure what the whistleblower says, but yeah.   Whatever Nancy does on impeachment will send a signal to the public about how serious this is.   Just like she should have launched impeachment hearings the day the Mueller report dropped. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’m using that in future internet flame wars.

feel free to add to it--like they knew he was a criminal when he said he could shoot somebody....and grab 'em by the pussy....and it builds so much all the time that there's no way one person could remember it all.  I certainly can't.