What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

Just dropping by to laugh at you fools.

First, it was Russia collusion. That didn't work.
Then it was the Mueller report. That fizzled out.
Then it was racism. That didn't work.
Now it's Ukraine.

The Democrats are scared to death POTUS is going to be reelected, and are just throwing shit against the wall. This is very entertaining.

• Fuck You 14

51 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Bullshit.  Giuliani is not attorney to the President of the United States.  That’s the role of the White House Counsel’s Office.  Rudy is personal lawyer to Donald Trump.  That phone call was not a personal call.  It was an official call in Trump’s capacity as President.  

I get that.  To me, it's a "better to ask for forgiveness later than permission now" situation.  (Not that Trump or Rudy would ever ask for forgiveness, but you know what I mean.)  I think your argument is sound, but it's not bulletproof, and ultimately this particular detail is so far down the list of transgressions I give a shit about that . . . well, I just don't really give a shit.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Captainant said:

The upshot here is that the law is squarely and statutorily on their side. They're getting the full complaint with or without the consent of the executive, unless laws just don't matter anymore. Which is not out of the realm of possibility at this point

They don't.  At least as it pertains to Il Douche.  And the Dems will, weakly, protest and be very concerned. 

8 minutes ago, ousuxndallas said:

Now it's Ukraine.

The Democrats are scared to death POTUS is going to be reelected, and are just throwing shit against the wall. This is very entertaining.

Tom Cruise similarly gets a big laugh out of people who just don't get it when it comes to Xenu and the Thetans infesting our bodies.   

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Red Five said:

What I can’t wait for is when it’s proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Trump extorted Ukraine in order to help win an election, and we once again hear “that’s it? We already knew that! Move on libs, get over it!!”.

Totally.   That's always the play.   

24 minutes ago, ousuxndallas said:

Now it's Ukraine.

tenor.gif?itemid=13738017

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Holy shit, that's supposed to be the dud part of all of this?   Not only does he says he wants them to look into the Biden situation, he expressly designates Giuliani as his representative for further discussions.   There's no way to claim that Giuliani was acting without his knowledge now, and Giuliani has already copped to it all.   Plus all of the other shit... This is a smoking gun. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 2

Not sure how the "promise" that originally spun this up comes from that transcript.

putting on the tinfoil hat, I bet that the IC has been listening to Trump and Rudy's conversations, that Trump said something in the course of those conversation that could be construed as promising assistance to be cleared for Ukraine if they cooperate, and that the content of those communications were scuttlebutt at some level among IC staffers. Would fit the pattern, privileged communication, series of communications, no first hand knowledge of the actual communications.  WP report should be interesting if they don't redact too much of it.  

lol.  So, question.  Mueller report didn't charge Trump with receiving/asking help from Russians because he 1. didn't act 'knowingly and willfully' and 2. proving the value of the information sought would be too difficult.  In other words, he didn't realize his actions were unlawful so he couldn't be charged and the 'value' of that information would be hard to prove up to meet the monetary threshhold.

Fast forward to this.  Admitted to asking another foreign country for help.  Check 1 off the list.  He knows his conduct is unlawful now.  Question seems to be how do you prove up the value of an investigation?  Do you bank on the 361mm foreign aid as the 'value'?  Seems logical.

All of that being said, I realize I'm asking about the orange goblin being indicted.  Conduct is definitely impeachable.  But he needs to rot.

Fingers crossed that Guliani gets his ass indicted and we get a road map.

We might need an Ukraine indictment thread.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ousuxndallas said:

Now it's Ukraine.

Fool you didn't type haha or lol, so we all know you're lying. Lol

Just now, Anastasis said:

Not sure how the "promise" that originally spun this up comes from that transcript.

putting on the tinfoil hat, I bet that the IC has been listening to Trump and Rudy's conversations, that Trump said something in the course of those conversation that could be construed as promising assistance to be cleared for Ukraine if they cooperate, and that the content of those communications were scuttlebutt at some level among IC staffers. Would fit the pattern, privileged communication, series of communications, no first hand knowledge of the actual communications.  WP report should be interesting if they don't redact too much of it.  

Aid was cut off days before that call at unilateral direction of the President. People don’t simply say “I’m extorting you.” They create need/urgency and then ask a favor. Which is exactly what happened 

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

Aid was cut off days before that call at unilateral direction of the President. People don’t simply say “I’m extorting you.” They create need/urgency and then ask a favor. Which is exactly what happened 

Trump had to say or do something that was construed as a "promise", either directly or indirectly.  That, or the initial reporting took quite some liberty with the emphasis on that word. 

• Fuck You 2

Now it's Ukraine.

Lolololololol you picked a super time to bless us with this hot take!

He explicitly invokes both Barr and Giuliani in the same sentence as part of a coordinated effort:

Well, she' s [former US ambassador] going to go through some things. I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the bottom of it. I'm sure you will figure it out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Trump had to say or do something that was construed as a "promise", either directly or indirectly.  That, or the initial reporting took quite some liberty with the emphasis on that word. 

Keep in mind that this single phone call is most likely a subset of the complaints in the whistleblower's report.  Trump is almost surely trying to create the perception that there's no "there" there since this particular transcript doesn't represent a fatal blow.  This is basically a different flavor of Barr's "summary" of the Mueller report (and we all know how that played out -- the "summary" worked, even though it was disingenuous, to be charitable).

39 minutes ago, ousuxndallas said:

Now it's Ukraine.

Making the United States weak to own the libs.

• Like 1

Just now, HenryJames said:

I just think it's cool that the White House thought the release of this transcript would help them.

Reality is what they say it is.  The hurricane is going to hit Alabama.  Biggest crowds ever at the inauguration.  The transcript completely exonerates trump and shows a perfect, beautiful conversation.  The sky is purple. Whatever.   What it actually says makes no difference anymore.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Keep in mind that this single phone call is most likely a subset of the complaints in the whistleblower's report.  Trump is almost surely trying to create the perception that there's no "there" there since this particular transcript doesn't represent a fatal blow.  This is basically a different flavor of Barr's "summary" of the Mueller report (and we all know how that played out -- the "summary" worked, even though it was disingenuous, to be charitable).

Agree.  That fits the reporting regarding the nature of the WB report. So the question is, what other exchanges relate to the balance of the complaints?  Which of those approach a quid pro quo or a promise?  Which involve privileged communications? Mark me on a Trump-Rudy phone call. 

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Seriously?

-- Trump blocks aid that was on the way

-- Trump says you know, we do a lot for you financially.  I'm not saying it has to be reciprocal, but... I do have a favor to ask 

-- Trump says, it would be great if you investigated the server and Biden's involvement in the investigation.  Will you talk to Barr and Rudy? 

-- Zelensky says yes

-- Trump says great, I have a feeling your economy will be improving very soon. 

That's about as clear cut as it gets.  And that's just from a sanitized transcript of one call in a series of transactions reportedly detailed in the whistleblower complaint. 

• Like 9