What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

13 minutes ago, pacman said:

He pretty much did. "I would not have passed this on to you if it shouldn't be investigated"

Then he backtracked and said he wanted to make clear that he wasn't giving an opinion one way or the other.  He just wouldn't take a stand on election interference, and even claimed the complaint didn't involve election interference, which is a total lie.   I just don't get it.  He was willing to sacrifice his life for his country, but not his job. 

4 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Then he backtracked and said he wanted to make clear that he wasn't giving an opinion one way or the other.  He just wouldn't take a stand on election interference, and even claimed the complaint didn't involve election interference, which is a total lie.   I just don't get it.  He was willing to sacrifice his life for his country, but not his job. 

People get a taste for wielding power.  When they lose it, they will do just about anything to get some back.

Edited by kevwun

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

People get a taste for wielding power.  When they lose it, they will do just about anything to get some back.

Yeah I guess.   Like, I didn't even get the sense Maguire was trying to protect the president.   I got the sense he just wanted to stay out of it and keep his job.   And that his justification was "I fulfilled my obligations, that's all I'm required to do."  (Which isn't even true).  It's just sad.  

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

holy shit, am I reading it correctly that part of what dipshit donald was trying to get Ukraine to do was "uncover" the fact that 2016 election interference actually started in the Ukraine - thus basically pinning it all on Ukraine? And he tried to get the Prez of Ukraine to go along with this?? wow, Putin's motherfucking puppet danced a big dance on this one. 

7 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Another important thing to remember is that crappy human beings and dumbasses can still get promoted to General or Admiral.  History is full of them.

False.  Anyone who ever served in the military is a HERO and incapable of doing wrong.  There are no exceptions.  Now stand up and sing to the flag, you dirty commie!

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, retread said:

But Hillary's server!

The irony is delicious.

So much this.  It's going to be fun to slap down some Trumpkins that are still fired up about butheremails if it turns out Rudy was really carrying out official State Department business using his personal phone.  Totally legal and totally cool!

I'm somewhat encouraged that this is all coming out so quickly, but then I talk to family and friends who still have their heads up their asses and think the Democrats are  overreaching and I get depressed all over again.  If not now, then when!?

• Like 1

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

damn, 12 people on the call and only one had the nuts to come forward?

None of them, actually.   The whistleblower heard it second-hand from several of the people who listened in, who knew it was wrong but wouldn’t themselves come forward. 

45 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

JFC.  So the president's private attorney was getting instructions from the State Department.   And they need to get Rudy's phone ASAP.  Yes, to a hearing, but that's secondary.

5 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

So much this.  It's going to be fun to slap down some Trumpkins that are still fired up about butheremails if it turns out Rudy was really carrying out official State Department business using his personal phone.  Totally legal and totally cool!

I'm somewhat encouraged that this is all coming out so quickly, but then I talk to family and friends who still have their heads up their asses and think the Democrats are  overreaching and I get depressed all over again.  If not now, then when!?

So, let's lay this out.  Either:

1) someone (hmmm, name rhymes with "doodie") acting on behalf of the US State Department, including actions in that capacity at the direct request of the sitting POTUS, was regularly engaging in State Department business and storing records of same.....on an unsecured, private device, with the full knowledge of the State Department and POTUS, in violation of the law, or

2) he was NOT acting on behalf of the US government, but only as a private citizen, which means that his actions, and the orders issued to him from his client (the POTUS) were NOT official US government actions, and are entitled to zero immunity or executive privileges, and were in violation of the law.

Do I have that right?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

this is horribly depressing to read. but I'm so glad it was something like this. I'm so glad this idiot finally tripped over his tiny mushroom dick.

It doesn't matter when the R''s in the Senate vote against impeachment.  Everyone who was going to vote for him last week or month are still going to vote for him again.  Nothing has changed.

23 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Another important thing to remember is that crappy human beings and dumbasses can still get promoted to General or Admiral.  History is full of them.

You would think the head of the DNI would come off more impressive than what we just witnessed. I expected a cool, calm, collected individual. He seemed rattled and deathly scared of upsetting his boss. Also the smirking and giggling at the Republican talking points was not a good look. 

Edited by Bruh Man

1 minute ago, Bruh Man said:

You would think the head of the DNI would come off more impressive than what we just witnessed. I expect a cool, calm, collected person. He seemed rattled and deathly scared of upsetting his boss.  

well, when your boss had jeffrey epstein killed in a maximum security prison, I'd be a little nervous too

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

You would think the head of the DNI would come off more impressive than what we just witnessed. I expect a cool, calm, collected person. He seemed rattled and deathly scared of upsetting his boss.  

The best people.

2 hours ago, Keef said:

Cant wait to read the word for word transcript. It has to be out there because I’m sure whoever leaked that Trump brought up Biden 8 times had to be looking at it. Given that the person leaked to the WSJ, my guess is it’s a high level official close to Trump (or formerly close like Bolton). 

Bolton sounds like a prime candidate.  He's got an axe to grind, he's got a huge (and wounded) ego to boot.  And he's already shown that he's not going to go quietly.

2 minutes ago, deech said:

It doesn't matter when the R''s in the Senate vote against impeachment.  Everyone who was going to vote for him last week or month are still going to vote for him again.  Nothing has changed.

The process matters. People stating positions in public matters. Testing the republic over these issues matters regardless of how the Senate votes.

Surrendering before the fight is no way to deal with this treasonous, wicked travesty in the White House. Surrendering is as bad as voting for him or giving him unrelenting support. 

The effort may be doomed, but it's not surely futile.

Sometimes it's worth getting your ass kicked to strike a few blows against the despicable.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

People who can corroborate the WB presumably are still working in their same positions to know today.  Must be like Invasion of the Body Snatchers for Trump in there.

Hell, the whistleblower himself is probably there right now, saying "I wonder who it is" like everyone else. 

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Bolton sounds like a prime candidate.  He's got an axe to grind, he's got a huge (and wounded) ego to boot.  And he's already shown that he's not going to go quietly.

If it was Bolton, he wouldn’t need whistle blower protection. The whistle blower is still in government and wants to keep his job 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Death threat against a whistle blower.  Totally legal, totally cool.

I think it was death threats against anyone relaying information to the whistle-blower.  So really just officials doing their normal jobs and probably asking each other frequently - did that just happen?  Is that legal?  What the fuck? or you won't believe what that fucking idiot did now.

Edited by deech