What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

• 4 months later...

Well, just as cream rises to the top of the milk pail, so does scum on the pond:

Edit: forgot to include part of the article:

The U.S. has never faced a wider range of national security challenges, from rising powers, strained alliances and the global impacts of a changing climate, to terrorism, and pandemics. American taxpayers expect the IC to provide policy makers with factual, not politically shaded, intelligence to protect them and the economy from current and future threats. That is why the DNI is legally required to have “extensive” national security experience. Congressman Ratcliffe’s fanciful national security resume and track record of being a Trump cheerleader do not meet the requirements of the law or the demands of the job. 

The Senate must implement the lesson the pandemic has (re)taught us about having experienced people in important government positions. It must reject promptly Trump’s woefully inadequate nomination of Rep. Ratcliffe to be the DNI. Additionally, Senate leaders should press Trump to expeditiously nominate a person with the credibility and experience of a Dr. Fauci to lead the IC. If the Senate leadership shirks its duty on this critically important issue, it will share responsibility for future intelligence failures and should be held accountable by voters in November.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Edit

• 6 months later...

Ratcliffe works Trump (and thus Putin) and he is doing an excellent job as the head of the Department of Non Intelligence. As difficult as it was to keep our nation safe and information out of the hands of our enemies, now we have to wonder who Russia has been able to install in agencies to create mayhem before, during, and after the election. Ratcliffe is a power hungry stooge, but it is the anonymous staffers who serve him that are going to be the pipeline to Moscow.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

now we have to wonder who Russia has been able to install in agencies to create mayhem before, during, and after the election. Ratcliffe is a power hungry stooge, but it is the anonymous staffers who serve him that are going to be the pipeline to Moscow.

I like you Mrs. Whiggins. And with that in mind, I need to tell you to back away from the social media and take a deep breath. 

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Explain, please? Is that a not trustworthy account?

That's wasn't a comment directed exclusively at that twitter account, but I am quite sure that I could dig up some real right out nonsense from it if I limited the search to Jan 2017 to Mar 2019 and included a few key words.

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Please don't listen to him on Russia. 

No, mos def get your takes from twitter. That has taken us down a real good path so far. And most definitely do not ever listen to anyone who approaches RussiaRussiaRussia with any level of critical scrutiny.  That would be a horrible idea, and what the anonymous Putin puppet political staffers at DNI want you to do.    

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

No, mos def get your takes from twitter. That has taken us down a real good path so far. And most definitely do not ever listen to anyone who approaches RussiaRussiaRussia with any level of critical scrutiny.  That would be a horrible idea, and what the anonymous Putin puppet political staffers at DNI want you to do.    

Dude, you have a one tracked mind on this and cant see the forest for the trees. I'm not suggesting getting news from only twitter, I'm suggesting to not put a ton of stock into the comments from a random internet person who has a particular stick up his ass that he cannot remove. 

• Haha 1

So is it not a concern that the head of the DNI is not adequately focusing on pertinent issues such as critical infrastructure integrity and security?

Also, is it not credible that their are spies within agencies here? Sometimes you all operate on a different level of sarcasm/tone and I cannot easily discern that in print.

10 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Dude, you have a one tracked mind on this and cant see the forest for the trees. I'm not suggesting getting news from only twitter, I'm suggesting to not put a ton of stock into the comments from a random internet person who has a particular stick up his ass that he cannot remove. 

W : ...we have to wonder who Russia has been able to install in agencies to create mayhem before, during, and after the election. Ratcliffe is a power hungry stooge, but it is the anonymous staffers who serve him that are going to be the pipeline to Moscow.

A : For your own good, back away from twitter.

D : Don't listen to that guy.

1493101301_leonardo-dicaprio-shrugging-h

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

W : ...we have to wonder who Russia has been able to install in agencies to create mayhem before, during, and after the election. Ratcliffe is a power hungry stooge, but it is the anonymous staffers who serve him that are going to be the pipeline to Moscow.

A : For your own good, back away from twitter.

D : Don't listen to that guy.

1493101301_leonardo-dicaprio-shrugging-h

Exactly. We should be worried about those things. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Maybe it is due to the FBI news regarding Operation Ghost Stories that 'spooked' me so to speak.  On the one hand, knowing just how much people were tracked and surveilled is un-nerving, but on the other hand they (FBI) uncovered quite a few people. I have a vivid imagination, so yes, I get susceptible to the idea that they missed people, or they are harmful (but in plain sight like Seb Gorka) not as agents of Russia, but as agents for chaos and nationalism.

39 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

That's wasn't a comment directed exclusively at that twitter account, but I am quite sure that I could dig up some real right out nonsense from it if I limited the search to Jan 2017 to Mar 2019 and included a few key words.

Some suggestions: "alfa" "gazprom" "steele" "prague"

Dahobbs probably: Exactly. We should be worried about those things. 

Edited by Anastasis

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Maybe it is due to the FBI news regarding Operation Ghost Stories that 'spooked' me so to speak.  On the one hand, knowing just how much people were tracked and surveilled is un-nerving, but on the other hand they (FBI) uncovered quite a few people. I have a vivid imagination, so yes, I get susceptible to the idea that they missed people, or they are harmful (but in plain sight like Seb Gorka) not as agents of Russia, but as agents for chaos and nationalism.

It is the latter bit that is going to be problematic, not people on Russia's payroll. The best assets don't know they are assets. 

I don't detect bleary-eyed alarmism in Mrs. Whiggins' posts. 

I find it to be very believable that an administration headed by a Russian bootlicker with monstrous debts to unknown entities could indeed be bent over the table. Further, the oligarch money flowing through the NRA and God knows whomelse to the GOP certainly suggests criminal association and likely indebtedness to Russia.

A hack is installed as DNI from that stinking talent pool. Said hack refrains from blaming Russia for bad actions recalling Trump's own determination to prove election meddling was sourced in Ukraine and China rather than Russia.

Just last night in the debate, Biden mentions the possible Russian connection to the Hunter Biden laptop farce, and the President of the United States throws up his hands and evokes The Brady Bunch, "Russia, Russia, Russia," before, once again, exonerating his liege lord.

Lastly, Trump speaks about policy issues on unsecured phones. I believe he does this not out of laziness but by intent. He communicates to his cronies in other countries without directly talking to them. Trump is a fool in many ways, but he has developed keen instincts for protecting himself.

With all of that in mind, it's difficult to conclude anything other than our national security has been breached by crooked underlings to a man with no regard whatsoever for the good of the United States and who himself is beholden to Russia.

The only reason to step away from the social media regarding this is to avoid throwing up and buying a sniper rifle.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1

Trump's style of corruption isn't conspiracies in dark alleyways. It's a public brand that is understood to be shameless and sleazy, protected by a thin film of mafia style plausible deniability. Here's an explanation for Ratcliffe being subserviant to Kremlin interests that doesn't involve any subterfuge or secret meetings.

Trump doesn't hatch elaborate plans and instruct his minions to carry them out. He's much too stupid for that, and, frankly, in a weird way, he's also too smart for that, because he doesn't need to hatch risky plans that could land him in trouble if he were ratted out. By simply raging at the hint of any idea he wants his administration to steer clear of, and encouraging anyone who puts up distractions away from those verboten topics, he establishes a culture where everyone is complicit in his criminal activity, but appears from the outside to be acting more or less autonomously.

Let's start with the premise that Ratcliffe, like all yes-men who Trump surrounds himself with, is a chicken shit stooge. Ratcliffe, being a chicken shit stooge, is therefore inclined to ignore or downplay Russia on his own volition because that's the path of least resistance in this administration. He also knows he gets brownie points for deflecting any intelligence about election interference (a topic that always seems to hover around Russia) towards any other nation.

It doesn't take a massive, elaborate conspiracy here for it to be plausible that Ratcliffe's actions are indirectly yet strongly influenced by the Kremlin.

• Like 1