What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

SIAP and I don't have a link to whoever wrote this, but this all seems not only plausible, but likely.  The first bolded is where I disagree though.  He will never resign.  Never.

It's Dan Coates. It has to be. Two weeks after he resigned he walked into a meeting at the White House and told his deputy she needed to resign immediately and she did. Four days after that the Inspector General got the whistleblower report!

In addition to this we know the unnamed whistleblower has retained an attorney who was a career lawyer at the CIA and is now in private practice. This lends even more credence to it being Coates.

If he told the president of Ukraine that the $250 million in military aid is dependent on them investigating Biden, holy shit!

In an interesting turn of events, Rudy Giuliani said on CNN tonight that if Trump did do that, it wasn't illegal! Umm, yes it is Rudy. Offering a foreign nation money to do damage to your political enemies is downright corruption not seen since Sadaam and Idi Amin were around.

This is tin pot dictator politicking and if this is true, Trump will have to resign. Trump is easy to predict because he is a simpleton and he only operates transactionally. My learned guess here is that Trump promised to deliver the military goods if the President of Ukraine opened an investigation of Biden. I would bet a shiny new platinum dollar that this is what Trump did.

Watch Republicans the next few days. They are deathly quiet and today Mitch even approved $250 million in election security funds. That says that not only was he sick of being called Moscow Mitch, it also says he's nervous about something.

This is not going to end well for Trump. Make no mistake, the Inspector General is a Trump appointee and whoever the whistleblower is, worked inside this administration. This isn't the 'deep state.' This is one of Trump's own people and the IG agreed that this was a matter that needed to go to congress.

Bill Barr and Maguire are now breaking the law in full view of the people. The highest law enforcement official and the highest national security official in this country are crooks. They are felons thumbing their noses at the rule of law right now. Without the rule of law, we aren't a Republic, we are subjects of a dictator.

**Update**

I am going to say something now that I hope everyone understands the gravitas of. After Adam Schiff sent his letter to the DNI to release the Whistleblower complaint, Trump released the $250 million to the Ukraine the next day.

The. Next. Day.

The ONLY thing that makes sense given this fact is that Trump withheld that money in order to make the Ukrainian president investigate Biden as Rudy Giuliani said tonight on CNN was the biggest scandal ever.

Once someone explained that this was illegal as fuck, Trump released the funds in order to make it look as though he did not cajole the president of the Ukraine into investigating Biden and his son.

Donald Trump was using the money of the American people to force a foreign government to start and investigation of his political opponent.

That is why they are so desperate to conceal that whistleblower report.

My god, this is unbelievable. He must be removed from office. If this is true, Trump will not be running for president. He will be running to Russia to avoid dying in prison.

• Like 1

Ukraine got game:

Ukraine officials see no indication Biden or his son broke their laws. If Trump wants them investigated in Kyiv, his government will need to say why and what for.

KYIV—Ukraine is ready to investigate the connections Joe Biden’s son Hunter had with the Ukrainian natural-gas company Burisma Holdings, according to Anton Geraschenko, a senior adviser to the country’s interior minister who would oversee such an inquiry. 

Geraschenko told The Daily Beast in an exclusive interview that “as soon as there is an official request" Ukraine will look into the case, but “currently there is no open investigation.”

“Clearly,” said Geraschenko, “Trump is now looking for kompromat to discredit his opponent Biden, to take revenge for his friend Paul Manafort, who is serving seven years in prison.” Among the counts on which Manafort was convicted: tax evasion. “We do not investigate Biden in Ukraine, since we have not received a single official request to do so,” said Geraschenko.

[cont.]

Edited by triplehorn

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

You people don't realize we reached "live boy or dead girl" territory long ago and it depends on if the dead girl has a brown name or not. Nothing is going to happen and it won't even dent his approval rating.

Have you called your GOP Senator to remind him you have a pulse ?

Make no mistake, the Inspector General is a Trump appointee and whoever the whistleblower is, worked inside this administration. This isn't the 'deep state.' This is one of Trump's own people and the IG agreed that this was a matter that needed to go to congress.

Well, as we all know Donald Trump has had the terrible misfortune of appointing a host of Deep State types who concealed their true motives prior to serving.  Donald may be a corporate whiz and all-around stable genius, but even someone with his business acumen couldn't possibly see dozens and dozens of Deep State actors for what they are.

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Pretty sure we elect representatives so we don’t have to call them 24/7 to do their job.  Isn’t that the whole point? 

When they need reminding that they were elected and why, you call them.  Repeatedly if necessary.  Helps to be polite, but there are exceptions.

Meanwhile Simon B. appears to have bailed.

Edited by triplehorn

11 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

When they need reminding that they were elected and why, you call them.  Repeatedly if necessary.  Helps to be polite, but there are exceptions.

We’re way past phone calls and letters.   National strike is what this situation calls for but America isn’t up to it. We’re in deep shit.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

They don't care about your call. They care about your vote and your wallet. Neither of those seem to impress my sitting legislators. 

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Trump is gonna freak out in ways we haven't seen.  He'll get increasingly unhinged and eventually start trying to arrest Shiff, claim he'll never leave the White House, and who knows what else?  It will be the best drama Aaron Sorkin never even conceived of.

Maybe you should go post about pizzagate somewhere. Because you belong in that crowd. 

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Yup. Where the fuck is Pelosi on this shit? She should be on tv pounding on a podium, accusing Trump of treason, and demanding his fucking resignation.  

The Dems won't do shit about it because they're too scared or don't want to. Move over @Brisketexan, I'm joining you on the ledge.

They’ll be slow to move on it, spending 2-4 months vapidly gnashing their teeth and insisting the right play by the rules while the WH and Fox News aggressively lie and distort the narrative. 

After a few months when the Dems schedule a hearing or something even remotely resembling action, not only will it be nothing more than theater, it’ll be met by an indifferent and fatigued public.

Ah well, nevertheless...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

In other news...

Trump officials aren't necessarily fed up with House Democrats' impeachment delay. They just don't care.

It's been years since Rep. Al Green (D-Texas) first called for impeaching President Trump, and months since the Mueller report supposedly solidified that push. But House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) still hasn't softened on the subject, and it has the whole Trump administration thinking it can just ignore Democrats' impeach proceedings altogether, two White House officials tell The Washington Post.

Even though a majority of Democrats in the House back impeachment, House Judiciary Chair Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) says he's waiting for the public to back it the idea before proceeding. To help that happen, he's holding a series of impeachment hearings — the first of which, with former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, left Trump "laughing and joking" that "Democrats have no idea what they're doing," one person who spoke with him tells the Post.

Trump's officials are apparently just as unbothered. Pelosi shows no movement toward impeachment, and "looking at the legislative calendar," Democrats don't seem to have much time before the year is up and they're back home "trying to run for their seats," one official tells the Post. Together, those facts have led White House officials to decide "there won't be a public price to pay for stonewalling Congress," the Post writes.

...I don't have access to any more articles at the Washington Post proper, so this is linked from Newsweek

We're at the point where if the Dems push for impeachment (rip the bandaid off), we'll quickly bleed to death, and if they don't push for impeachment (leave the bandaid on), we'll soon die of infection anyways.

Ledge. Scotch.

Shaka, when the walls fell.

6 minutes ago, ndawg said:

We're at the point where if the Dems push for impeachment (rip the bandaid off), we'll quickly bleed to death, and if they don't push for impeachment (leave the bandaid on), we'll soon die of infection anyways.

Ledge. Scotch.

Shaka, when the walls fell.

Man, y'all are getting the hang of this shit.  Respek.

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

The sadist in me hope this shit drags out, with a slow peel of the onion and subsequent growing uproar.

Trump is gonna freak out in ways we haven't seen.  He'll get increasingly unhinged and eventually start trying to arrest Shiff, claim he'll never leave the White House, and who knows what else?  It will be the best drama Aaron Sorkin never even conceived of.

Howard Hughes: I'm going to turn into a nutty recluse trying to hold onto power, and will make increasingly bizarre demands of my servants and employees.  Nobody will top me!

Trump: Hold my Diet Coke!

4 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Explicit extortion by the President offering aid in exchange for an investigation into Biden’s son is a big fucking deal. 

Which is why Rudy was trying to get out ahead of this last night, and get the seeds of the talking points to the Trumpkin base.

I know Rudy comes across as fucking nuts, starting when he married his cousin, but this story is out there, and by admitting to it in the manner in which he did, he's trying to wrestle control of the story away from the MSM, at least in the way it's disseminated to Trumpkins.

43 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

They’ll be slow to move on it, spending 2-4 months vapidly gnashing their teeth and insisting the right play by the rules while the WH and Fox News aggressively lie and distort the narrative. 

After a few months when the Dems schedule a hearing or something even remotely resembling action, not only will it be nothing more than theater, it’ll be met by an indifferent and fatigued public.

Ah well, nevertheless...

Pelosi will get dragged to a guillotine saying "we can't do anything yet because it wouldn't be bipartisan."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

They don't care about your call. They care about your vote and your wallet. Neither of those seem to impress my sitting legislators. 

Call it pissing in the wind, but it takes no time to call and say "you've had my vote and wallet until now, but you lose it without showing we're a nation of laws."

Alternatively, you could go scrawl "Brooks was here" on your wall.

“President Trump in a July phone call repeatedly pressured the president of Ukraine to investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s son, urging Volodymyr Zelensky about eight times to work with Rudy Giuliani, his personal lawyer, on a probe, according to people familiar with the matter.”

Why am I so inclined to hate White Claw?  I know nothing about it but I'm pretty sure I hate it.  Once I saw "seltzer" on the can I just assumed that instead of I.D. to buy you'd need a fohawk, neck beard, suspenders and have to hold a conversation with the clerk about how much better everything sounds on vinyl.  I'm a White Claw bigot.  Get the fuck out of my country.

• Haha 1

Just now, Chooky said:

Why am I so inclined to hate White Claw?  I know nothing about it but I'm pretty sure I hate it.  Once I saw "seltzer" on the can I just assumed that instead of I.D. to buy you'd need a fohawk, neck beard, suspenders and have to hold a conversation with the clerk about how much better everything sounds on vinyl.  I'm a White Claw bigot.  Get the fuck out of my country.

They’re refreshing af. Shotgun one with me one day? 🥰

• Like 1

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

Well, you see, there's different degrees of "worse".

If this were still 1974, why, old Donnie would have not only been impeached, but probably executed by his own party.  But we are an enlightened country now, and this is just all a big misunderstanding*.

*(I'm waiting for the Team GOP talking points that this was all just a big misunderstanding, and there's no finer patriot than Trump and he would never ask a foreign party to intervene in an election)

7 minutes ago, Chooky said:

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Don't knock The Claw until you try it - on a hot summer day after mowing the grass or sitting on the beach.  And I'm an IPA drinker usually. 

I had one over labor day weekend.  Ice chest out at party; I open it and there was a few on top. Figured why not and had one.  

One was enough, but I can see why that shit is so popular, especially among women. It had absolutely no taste or hint of alcohol to it.  Besides, it's outselling Budweiser now:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-the-hell-is-white-claw-hard-seltzer-outselling-budweiser

This is no joke. Millennials are drinking staggering amounts of hard seltzer instead of beer. In the most recent reported sales figures, White Claw outsold every craft beer brand. In July, White Claw claims it outsold Budweiser. Yes, Budweiser.

The category has been growing at a triple-digit annual rate since 2016, and is expected to grow by about 300 percent in 2019. Amazingly, even that number is limited to some extent by production capacity. In other words, if there was more White Claw available, people would buy it.

Edited by Francisco 2.0