What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

41 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I don’t know about y’all but I’m starting to think ole Rudy doesn’t know what the fuck he’s doing.

Americas mayor sure has had quite the fall. 

He was smart enough to marry and fuck his cousin as soon as he graduated from law school.  

Wait, that wasn’t a very good start for his adult life.

Outside of fucking his cousin, his weakness appears to be money.    People like him just can’t seem to get enough.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

I am starting to think he has always been in bed with the russians. 

From what I gather, back in the days when Rudy cleaned up Times Square, he also cleared out a lot of the Italian mob...which made room for the Russian mob.  But perhaps the Putin-aligned Russians and Ukrainians doing the dirty work with him today is incidental.

And sealed indictments are still a thing.  Huh.

Having those drop snaps you back like smelling salt and a bucket of freeze in the face.  It's times like these I still wonder how many have been filed over the past 24 months that are resting, quietly positioned for a more unhurried time.

3 hours ago, Bookman said:

This season is so much better than last year's season.

Last season's protagonist is looking more and more like a massive limp dick. Seriously, look at this shit and then look at Mueller and his fucking middle of the road bullshit. Fuck him for sitting on this shit because his superiors said a president can't be indicated. I'm going to make it a goal in life to change the meaning of whiskey dick to having a Mueller......sorry babe, I wanted to take you to pound town last night, but I drank too much and got a Mueller. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

I don’t know about y’all but I’m starting to think ole Rudy doesn’t know what the fuck he’s doing.

I started to think that back in the early 2000s, when Rudy claimed he had ended murder by cracking down on litterbugs.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Last season's protagonist is looking more and more like a massive limp dick. Seriously, look at this shit and then look at Mueller and his fucking middle of the road bullshit. Fuck him for sitting on this shit because his superiors said a president can't be indicated. I'm going to make it a goal in life to change the meaning of whiskey dick to having a Mueller......sorry babe, I wanted to take you to pound town last night, but I drank too much and got a Mueller. 

I laughed.  But part of me also thinks that is exactly how Mueller intended his audience to respond.  He could have been playing possum.  Look what Trump did the very next day.  What's happening right now though reminds me that there was a major counterintelligence operation up and running with Mueller, and was still in effect when he testified this summer.  Mueller knew all about the US being a dumping ground for international dirty money back in 2000.  He tried to make taking down the burgeoning transnational criminal orgs a priority.  Then 9/11 hit and the GWOT took every last bit of that oxygen.  There is still a chance we'll learn that Election 2016 ended up becoming Mueller's long awaited window of opportunity to bump Trump and go deep on TCO's.  

• Like 2

What’s funny is there is still a shitload of the Mueller investigation not available to the public.  We’re talking interview transcripts/notes, grand jury testimony, redacted portions of the report.  There were what? 14 more ongoing investigations that spawned from Mueller?  

If anyone is to blame for the Russia investigation coming up short, it’s Rosenstein and Barr. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

It's weird to think about almost 3 years in, Trump has only granted about a dozen pardons.  The lowest pace of any 20th/21st century President.  That's kinda weird to think about.  

I guess he was saving it up for this coming shitshow.

Serious constitutional question---I guess as long as you're a sitting President, you can pardon anyone?  Because he'll brush off impeachment, but when it goes to the Senate for trial...everyone and their dog will be asking him for a pardon in case the tide turns and he's ousted.  Can a President sitting AT Senate Trial still issue pardons?  ain't much precedent for it, I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It's weird to think about almost 3 years in, Trump has only granted about a dozen pardons.  The lowest pace of any 20th/21st century President.  That's kinda weird to think about.  

Serious constitutional question---I guess as long as you're a sitting President, you can pardon anyone?  Because he'll brush off impeachment, but when it goes to the Senate for trial...everyone and their dog will be asking him for a pardon in case the tide turns and he's ousted.  Can a President sitting AT Senate Trial still issue pardons?  ain't much precedent for it, I suppose. 

I think you have to fill out a form.

It would be nice if everyone's form got acid washed or bleached.

Hopefully Sondland's will be questioned by actual lawyers. It will be very telling what he actually answers and if any documents are provided prior to his testimony. I've got to believe that those involved see that the evidence is mounting against Trump and time is quickly running out on which side of the law you are going to be on.  

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

No one trusts Trump. He’s a backstabbing cunt. Which is why Sondland is testifying. At the end of the day, these people will choose not to go to prison to protect Trump 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

On the one hand, yeah, could be rats fleeing the ship.   And he could genuinely be trying to cover his ass - he does have a little hotel empire he wants to return to after this is over.  

On the other hand, he could really fuck with the committee.

They’re not that smart, dude. 

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Abuse of a pardon power is one of the things universally considered to be impeachable. 

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

No one trusts Trump. He’s a backstabbing cunt. Which is why Sondland is testifying. At the end of the day, these people will choose not to go to prison to protect Trump 

With John Dean, he had his deal worked out before testifying to plead guilty to only one felony.  It’s kind of surprising that this dude is being so willing to testify early. 

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I agree and lots of people will turn on him.  But I think when the shit really hits the fan at a Senate Trial, he'll start issuing pardons which will make some of the weaker criminals in his circle take the fall for him, seeing that there is a pardon in their immediate future.  The problem for him then becomes, even in a GOP-controlled Senate, is that a President issuing real-time pardons to the people involved in the very crimes he's on trial for, is beyond the pale even in this America. 

I'd bet the WH is quietly okay with this.  Blocking him from testifying earlier bought them some time to get stories straight.  Plus Sondland is a Trump guy all the way (think he was a 7 figure donor) so he'll put things as positively for Trump as possible.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

ruh roh 

Exercise increased caution in the United States due litigstion and  inquiry in Congress. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory.

Investigating crime, such as foreign investment in elctorates, foreign interference in elections, and impeding investigations, is widespread.

The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. Diplomats in many areas of the U.S. as traveled by U.S. Diplomats to these areas is prohibited or significantly restricted.

54 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Abuse of a pardon power is one of the things universally considered to be impeachable. 

Dump it on the pile.  At some point, it'll amount to obstruction because nobody, including Republicans, will be able to see over it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

Dump it on the pile.  At some point, it'll amount to obstruction because nobody, including Republicans, will be able to see over it. 

There is going to end up being real strategy around this I imagine. Only go for 2 or 3 things to keep it understandable for the public or list 60 things to make it clear he’s one unending act of malfeasance.  My guess is the former.  

I fully expect Sondland to tow Trump's line that everything was appropriate and there was no quid pro quo. If he does anything different, or (please sweet baby jesus) says he was directed by the President to send that text disclaiming quid pro quo, I'll be very happily surprised. 

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

I fully expect Sondland to tow Trump's line that everything was appropriate and there was no quid pro quo. If he does anything different, or (please sweet baby jesus) says he was directed by the President to send that text disclaiming quid pro quo, I'll be very happily surprised. 

This.  I don't expect much out of this particular witness.

2 minutes ago, deech said:

I guess it is interesting that he decided to testify, but put me down in the camp that a million dollar Trump donor isn't ready to confess all the sins conducted on behalf of the President.

I dunno.  Hopefully he's reading the tea leaves and understands that it's way easier and more fun to spend millions of dollars outside of prison rather than in prison.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

I dunno.  Hopefully he's reading the tea leaves and understands that it's way easier and more fun to spend millions of dollars outside of prison rather than in prison.  

And Sondland's substantial business enterprise has unique exposure for the public to inflict damage.  Gun rack reds and Evangelicals are not the patrons of his Provenance hotel chain.

Oregon US Rep Blumenauer:

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Serious constitutional question---I guess as long as you're a sitting President, you can pardon anyone? 

During Watergate, the Justice Dept considered the possibility that the Nixon might try to pardon himself.  They answered no, he couldn't, but it really has never been tried.  So the President can probably pardon anyone except the President.

If the Trump trusts Pence, Trump could use the 25th amendment to write a letter saying he's not OK that temporarily hands over power to Pence ... this is sometimes done when the President has to undergo a medical procedure. Pence could then pardon Trump.  A now pardoned Trump could then retake power by writing a second letter saying that he's OK now.

51 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Between this and the House be allowed to go after Trumps returns, today’s tweets will be delicious.  Hope he has another Impromptu presser.  

He is meeting with the LL World Series Baseball and Softball Champs today (probably the 11-12 age group, not the older ones) so if he goes off script like he did with the Finnish President, that could get rather awkward so for the kiddos, I hope he doesn't spoil it for them. Regardless of the President, it's still the WH and memorable for them. It's a team from River Ridge, Louisiana (for the boys) and he has an upcoming rally.

^^^ there it is again - the summer of 2018.

June - Barr puts out his “audition letter” for AG

Followed immediately in July and August - Giuliani goes public with initial script for Ukraine scheme that we know today directly enlists coordination with the AG.

Barr auditioned for Rudy more so than we the people.

Edited by triplehorn

45 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You never know. A good attorney might be able to get something out of him. Worth a shot.

I know of a good attorney who is semi-retired and who would probably do a great job.

Image result for obama smiling

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He is meeting with the LL World Series Baseball and Softball Champs today (probably the 11-12 age group, not the older ones) so if he goes off script like he did with the Finnish President, that could get rather awkward so for the kiddos, I hope he doesn't spoil it for them.

He set a high bar with the Boy Scouts.

• Like 1