What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

3 hours ago, Message Board User said:

“The U.S. ambassador to the European Union, Gordon Sondland, intends to tell Congress this week that the content of a text message he wrote denying a quid pro quo with Ukraine was relayed to him directly by President Trump in a phone call, according to a person familiar with his testimony. 

Sondland plans to tell lawmakers he has no knowledge of whether the president was telling him the truth at that moment. “It’s only true that the president said it, not that it was the truth,” said the person familiar with Sondland’s planned testimony, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive diplomatic matters. 

The Sept. 9 exchange between Sondland and the top U.S. diplomat to Ukraine has become central to the House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry into whether the president abused his office in pressuring Ukraine to open an investigation into his political rival Joe Biden and his son, who sat on the board of a Ukrainian energy company. The White House and its defenders have held up Sondland’s text, which included “no quid pro quo’s of any kind,” as proof that none was ever considered. 

Sondland will hold out the possibility that Trump wasn’t truthful in his denial of a quid pro quo as well as an alternative scenario in which the president’s interest in the scheme soured at a time when his administration faced mounting scrutiny over why it was withholding about $400 million in security assistance to Ukraine and delaying a leader-level visit with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.”

2 things...

first, this seems like info leaked out to make the white house think twice about letting this dude even testify.  if they can stop him, i would think they will.  my guess is they only gave their go ahead when they thought he would bolster their bullshit.  this seems like intentional clumsiness.

second, whenever trump tells someone to say something, it's so fucking obvious.  i am too lazy to look it up, but there was a part in the mueller report (in fact, i think it was part they made hope hicks read out loud in her hearing) when someone inside the campaign was ordered by trump to give a statement (tillerson maybe?), and it was like, "yes, i don't have anything bad at all to say about president trump or russia.  all i have to say is that he ran and won one of the greatest campaigns in the history of this country and won a tremendous election." (followed by "the president told him that's what he should say when he testifies").  hilarious.

After the text message comes out, the Sondland "no quid pro quo" was given by republicans as a talking point that there wasn't a quid pro quo. The media even qualified some of the reporting by saying the text messages were mixed, with Sondland saying there was no quid pro quo. Remember, there was about 5 hours in between, and apparently in that time, Trump was crafting his response which Sodland delivered. Holy shit. It's the crime AND the coverup. Impeach and remove him already.

9/9/19, 12:47:11 AM] Bill Taylor: As I said on the phone, I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.

[9/9/19, 5:19:35 AM] Gordon Sondland: Bill, I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quo’s of any kind. The President is trying to evaluate whether Ukraine is truly going to adopt the transparency and reforms that President Zelensky promised during his campaign I suggest we stop the back and forth by text If you still have concerns I recommend you give Lisa Kenna or S a call to discuss them directly. Thanks.]

That WaPo article on Sonland's testimony is really bad for Trump. It's worth reading the whole thing. Some other excerpts:

The Sept. 9 exchange between Sondland and the top U.S. diplomat to Ukraine has become central to the House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry into whether the president abused his office in pressuring Ukraine to open an investigation into his political rival Joe Biden and his son, who sat on the board of a Ukrainian energy company. The White House and its defenders have held up Sondland’s text, which included “no quid pro quo’s of any kind,” as proof that none was ever considered.

Sondland is expected to say that for months before the Sept. 9 message, he worked at the direction of Rudolph W. Giuliani, Trump’s personal attorney, to secure what he would call in another text message the “deliverable” sought by Trump: a public statement from Ukraine that it would investigate corruption, including mentioning Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company, by name. In exchange for the statement, the president would grant Ukraine’s new president a coveted White House audience.

[...]

Sondland’s testimony will raise the possibility that Trump wasn’t truthful in his denial of a quid pro quo as well as an alternative scenario in which the president’s interest in the scheme soured at a time when his administration faced mounting scrutiny over why it was withholding about $400 million in security assistance to Ukraine and delaying a leader-level visit with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

“Whether he’s deciding it’s getting too hot to handle and he backs off whatever his position really was a month earlier, I don’t know,” the person said of Sondland’s understanding.

[...]

“It was a quid pro quo, but not a corrupt one,” the person familiar with Sondland’s testimony said.

Sondland appears poised to say that he and other diplomats did not know that the request to mention Burisma was really an effort to impugn the reputations of Biden and his son Hunter, who had served as a Burisma board member. Sondland contends that he didn’t know about the Biden connection until a whistleblower complaint and transcript surfaced in late September.

To trust Sondland’s testimony, members of Congress will have to believe Sondland had not seen televised appearances by Giuliani over the spring and summer, or numerous newspaper and magazine articles questioning whether Hunter Biden’s role at Burisma could prove to be a drag on his father’s presidential campaign.

“If people find that incredulous, it strikes me that the incredulity is hindsight bias,” said the person familiar with Sondland’s testimony. “The things that seem so clear to people now didn’t seem so clear in real time.”

The testimony by Sondland, a Portland hotelier who gave $1 million to Trump’s inaugural committee through four of his limited liability companies, could prove damaging to Giuliani and the president.

For months, Sondland’s deep involvement in issues related to Ukraine struck diplomats in Brussels and Washington as highly unusual, given his role as envoy to the European Union, a large trade bloc that does not include Ukraine. Former U.S. officials have said Sondland viewed the Ukraine assignment as critical to winning Trump’s favor and auditioning for a more senior job in the administration.

10 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

first, this seems like info leaked out to make the white house think twice about letting this dude even testify.  if they can stop him, i would think they will.  my guess is they only gave their go ahead when they thought he would bolster their bullshit.  this seems like intentional clumsiness.

Sondland has a hotel empire he wants to return to. There’s nothing in his background that says he’s willing to go down for Trump, and he certainly knows Trump will discard him in a heartbeat.  

People like Sondland got their money’s worth with Trump’s tax cuts, etc.and those types seem to love closing out a successful business career with some kind of ambassadorship.  I doubt he views himself as having signed up for this shit.  

I think he leaked this stuff - it’s a good way for him to tell the world that he was just acting on orders.

3 hours ago, horncyclist said:

The testimony by Sondland, a Portland hotelier who gave $1 million to Trump’s inaugural committee through four of his limited liability companies, could prove damaging to Giuliani and the president.

For months, Sondland’s deep involvement in issues related to Ukraine struck diplomats in Brussels and Washington as highly unusual, given his role as envoy to the European Union, a large trade bloc that does not include Ukraine. Former U.S. officials have said Sondland viewed the Ukraine assignment as critical to winning Trump’s favor and auditioning for a more senior job in the administration.

Just fuck us and our culture that allows this to happen.

Sondland will attempt to tell a limited version of the truth that makes him look above the fray.  The risk is more comes out showing he knows more than he will admit.  This is an ideal witness to have interviewed by hired House legal staff for his deposition.

25 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Sondland will attempt to tell a limited version of the truth that makes him look above the fray.  The risk is more comes out showing he knows more than he will admit.  This is an ideal witness to have interviewed by hired House legal staff for his deposition.

Yeah. That opening statement-- as reported-- gives them a ton to work with. The idea that he didn't know Burisma/pressure to investigate "corruption" meant "investigate Biden" is a joke.

I don't know how many people frequent this board and give a damn what's said, on it but if you're seeing this and are outraged, we need to hold the republican party accountable for Trump--and for the party's own apparent rampant party over country corruption--for as long as they continue to exist. No one should get a pass. If we have a conservative or center-right party, it needs to be a new party. The GOP is corrupted beyond repair and should die when Trump administration implodes. 

Edited by horncyclist
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Pasken said:

He can’t resign because then he’ll be indicted. He will try to stay in office even after the senate removes him from office. 

How exactly?  His firewall is made up of Senate Republicans and alt-right media. If he loses Senate Republicans, then he will have zero protection. A coup needs military support, but none of the top military brass like him. He, his kids, and Stephen Miller can try to barricade themselves in the White House all they want. All their shit is going to be tossed out on the street and the locks changed. 

What LE agency handles the eviction if a President tries to stay?  DCPD?  

51 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

How exactly?  His firewall is made up of Senate Republicans and alt-right media. If he loses Senate Republicans, then he will have zero protection. A coup needs military support, but none of the top military brass like him. He, his kids, and Stephen Miller can try to barricade themselves in the White House all they want. All their shit is going to be tossed out on the street and the locks changed. 

I'm guessing Secret Service would enforce the law on the grounds of the White House. Maybe U.S. Marshals.

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

A big question is what Pence does. If pence takes the oath then I think trump will have to be removed from the building but it’ll happen. If pence and trump refuse to accept the senate decision and Nancy Pelosi takes the oath of office then I think you have a real problem.

1 minute ago, Pasken said:

A big question is what Pence does. If pence takes the oath then I think trump will have to be removed from the building but it’ll happen. If pence and trump refuse to accept the senate decision and Nancy Pelosi takes the oath of office then I think you have a real problem.

Hence why the senate will not vote to remove. No way they would let pelosi get anywhere close. 

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Hence why the senate will not vote to remove. No way they would let pelosi get anywhere close. 

Unless Pence is as guilty as Trump--and he may well be--I think Dems will be fine with Pence becoming an instant lame duck president. Would set up better for Elisabeth Warren winning in 2020. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Are you kidding? Let’s say that magically they boot Trump and Pence out a few months from now.  They would still have the power to fuck with Pelosi (ala Obama and Merrik Garland).

The GOP, everybody from the local dog-catcher to Mitch McConnell, would have 9 months to fund-raise against Pelosi.  

They would set fundraising records that dwarf past elections.

And they would probably be able to get 63 million to vote for whoever has an (R) next to their name.  Pelosi is liable to get more conservatives and moderates out to vote Republican than Trump could next year.    

President Pelosi would be a Republican wet-dream for campaigning and fundraising.  

1 hour ago, Pasken said:

But what real problem?  None of the necessary military or law enforcement agencies will back Trump/Pence if the Senate removes them.  Who is gonna be the problem?  A bunch of Cletuses coming up from Bama in the back of a pickup?  Some Midwestern militia or doomsday preppers?  DCPD can make quick work of any of those before we even need to involve the military.

Trump literally has zero followers capable of keeping him in power past his expiration date.  A bunch of rich fat old white guys aren't gonna put up a fight when it's time for him to get out.  There will be an uptick in Mass shootings, but nothing designed to keep Trump in power.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 3:23 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Are you kidding? Let’s say that magically they boot Trump and Pence out a few months from now.  They would still have the power to fuck with Pelosi (ala Obama and Merrik Garland).

The GOP, everybody from the local dog-catcher to Mitch McConnell, would have 9 months to fund-raise against Pelosi.  

They would set fundraising records that dwarf past elections.

And they would probably be able to get 63 million to vote for whoever has an (R) next to their name.  Pelosi is liable to get more conservatives and moderates out to vote Republican than Trump could next year.    

President Pelosi would be a Republican wet-dream for campaigning and fundraising.  

and there's already enough evidence to have Mitch McConnell investigated which should happen yesterday.  The fact that his wife is a lobbyist and steering contracts is a major violation.  Pretty sure he's taken blood money as well.  That would be enough to get that bitch Graham to sing his tonsils out.  

On 10/12/2019 at 10:47 AM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

That meltdown was beautiful. You can smell the fear and resignation.

This is a meltdown. 

This is also a meltdown. 

I simply stated that the impeachment, which I support, is a partisan political process that is on the same continuum as the Russia hoax. There is not quid pro quo in the transcript. The investigation is a partisan witch hunt. As Lavrentia Beria, show me the man, I'll show you the crime. 

Many, many of you guys have stated it with perfect clarity, over and over again. You just want Trump gone. You think he's the end of Democracy. He's allegedly committing crimes, though nobody is specific about those. You want to upend the Democratic process.

Adam Schiff solicited the Ukranians for the purpose of interfering in our elections. So did several Senators. So did Hillary. I want them to all get the same punishment that Trump gets - nothing. It happens all the time. Ordinary course of business. No big deal. If you think Trump shouldn't have done it, why were you silent when your team did it? At least pretend you have some principle to stand on. Seriously. At least pretend it's not just naked hatred. At least do your self the credit of making an argument.

I continue to believe you will get Trump reelected if you impeach. Call your Reps and Senators people - make it happen. It's gonna be a great show. Sorry bro, no melting here. 

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 8

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Uhhhhhh.... source? This is a pretty bold and easily verified lie, even for a simple country bag of hammers.

Schiff was pranked by some Russians posing as a Ukrainian politician. Schiff was very interested in obtaining Trump dick pics.

This is America atm. 

18 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

This is a meltdown. 

This is also a meltdown. 

I simply stated that the impeachment, which I support, is a partisan political process that is on the same continuum as the Russia hoax. There is not quid pro quo in the transcript. The investigation is a partisan witch hunt. As Lavrentia Beria, show me the man, I'll show you the crime. 

Many, many of you guys have stated it with perfect clarity, over and over again. You just want Trump gone. You think he's the end of Democracy. He's allegedly committing crimes, though nobody is specific about those. You want to upend the Democratic process.

Adam Schiff solicited the Ukranians for the purpose of interfering in our elections. So did several Senators. So did Hillary. I want them to all get the same punishment that Trump gets - nothing. It happens all the time. Ordinary course of business. No big deal. If you think Trump shouldn't have done it, why were you silent when your team did it? At least pretend you have some principle to stand on. Seriously. At least pretend it's not just naked hatred. At least do your self the credit of making an argument.

I continue to believe you will get Trump reelected if you impeach. Call your Reps and Senators people - make it happen. It's gonna be a great show. Sorry bro, no melting here. 

Are you talking about this?

Bullshit Fox News Hit Piece

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Schiff was pranked by some Russians posing as a Ukrainian politician. Schiff was very interested in obtaining Trump dick pics.

This is America atm. 

And, IIRC, he immediately contacted authorities to notify them of the conversation.  In other words, he confirmed what the pranksters (whether or not he knew they were) were proposing and then went to the authorities.

Just like Trump did.  Right?

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Even then he was quoted on the call as saying they needed to involve the FBI.  That's not the angle one would take were they trying to influence an election, but bagohammers isn't smart enough to figure this out.

EDIT:  what DDD said

Edited by jimmyjazz

16 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Many, many of you guys have stated it with perfect clarity, over and over again. You just want Trump gone.

straight out of the (leaked) talking points.

one thing being true doesn't automatically make everything else false.  do people want trump gone?  totally.  do they have valid points?  yeah, a lot of them do.  are there actual crimes?  um, yes, everywhere you look.  are there impeachable acts?  yes, also, lots of them.

acting like, "well, this is personal, they don't like him, so that's why they're investigating him" as some sort of justification or counter-point is 3rd grade thinking.  you're basically saying that trump can do whatever he wants to whomever he wants, and take a dump on the constitution, because he'll dismiss anyone with the authority to come after him (cough, congress) as "partisan", "anti-trump" or "a traitor who hates the united states".

i admit it, if i had done as many shitty, impeachable things as trump, i would probably use this type of defense as well.  it's all he has left.  republicans aren't even coming to his defense anymore.

• Like 1

Just now, Thetexashammer said:

Anything can be impeachable. I'm interested in what these crimes are. 

hey you, lying motherfucker. You still haven't posted the audio that supports the lies you posted earlier. I'd like to see the evidence that you're citing to support your argument, please.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Even then he was quoted on the call as saying they needed to involve the FBI.  That's not the angle one would take were they trying to influence an election, but bagohammers isn't smart enough to figure this out.

EDIT:  what DDD said

That's funny. If you read the transcript, when Trump mentions Hunter Biden, he immediately refers Zelensky to AG Barr. Do you know who AG Barr is? You think SChiff wasn't trying to influence the election by releasing Trump dick pics? 

Seriously, listen to the tape. Schiff is dead fucking serious, and it's riot.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

23 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

I simply stated that the impeachment, which I support, is a partisan political process that is on the same continuum as the Russia hoax. There is not quid pro quo in the transcript.

he hasn't released the full transcript, just the memo.  he was stupid enough to think the memo would clear him.  it didn't.  then text messages leaked, that confirmed what everyone already knew.  there doesn't need to be a quid pro quo to be a crime.  there is one, but there didn't need to be.

the actual word-for-word transcript of the call was immediately marked and moved by white house counsel, who knew what they heard wasn't good, so they put it in a code-word server.  i feel like we've gone over this.  that server is used for national security purposes only.  not embarrassing or political purposes.  the people who moved it knew it wasn't legal, but they knew not moving it would be disastrous.  

trump, on the other hand, still maintains it was a "perfect" call.  if it's so perfect, why haven't we seen it?  he's literally hanging his entire case on adam schiff's opening statement, because he doesn't understand what the words "essence" or "satire" mean.

27 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

He's allegedly committing crimes, though nobody is specific about those. You want to upend the Democratic process.

these 'alleged' crimes are spelled out in (at least one) whistleblower report.  the very same report that was deemed corroborated, accurate, and urgent by one of trump's own appointees (read - someone who doesn't just "want trump gone") and passed up the chain.  he then doubled down and tried to pull the same shit, with china, to live news cameras.  but no no no, this wasn't a crime, because the president was obviously "joking" (according to rubio and jordan).  then trump tripled down to let everyone know, he was not joking.

30 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

"but hillary" is not an actual defense.  just another sign that you're losing the argument.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thetexashammer said:

That's funny. If you read the transcript, when Trump mentions Hunter Biden, he immediately refers Zelensky to AG Barr. Do you know who AG Barr is? You think SChiff wasn't trying to influence the election by releasing Trump dick pics? 

Seriously, listen to the tape. Schiff is dead fucking serious, and it's riot.

Did Schiff say he needed to involve the FBI or not?  Answer the fucking question.  (It's always a tell with you -- you never respond when you're cornered.)

7 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Well, for starters there is the violation of 52 U.S.C. § 30121 (the FECA of 1971), which is a crime if the value exceeds $2,000 (18 U.S.C. § 602).

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Like 2

As an aside, it's funny how bagohammers castigates "the left" for pursuing impeachment for the sole reason that they want Trump gone.  Never mind that he himself has admitted he supports impeachment.  Why?  Because he thinks it will fail and get Trump reelected.

"Doc", heal thyself, you transparent fool.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

abuse of power.  he used the power of his office to withhold $400mm of foreign military aid (taxpayer money, not his own money) until it was confirmed to him that a foreign country was conducting an investigation into a domestic political rival and his family.

2 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Adam Schiff solicited the Ukranians for the purpose of interfering in our elections. So did several Senators. So did Hillary. [...] It happens all the time. Ordinary course of business. No big deal.

Every single sentence quoted above is an outright lie. Negged.

• Like 4