2019 commit RB TY Jordan [Passed away page 5 for latest]

Machinator

Siap...

"Coach's Take: Ty Jordan has a complete skillset"

Like this part:  

Jordan stands only 5-foot-7, and some detractors will point to his size and call him a gadget back. Neill said that Jordan can certainly do just about everything from the backfield, but his physicality at his size should surprise some folks at the next level.

“With undersized running backs you always talk about blocking,” he said. “You’re going to find out when he gets there that he’s a physical kid. He plays the game physically and takes that as a challenge. Even since last year he’s improved from that standpoint in terms of the mindset and physicality he’s got to play with at the next level. We’re seeing that out here with him blocking. The rest of it has always come really natural to him. He’s got great hands. He’s a great back that catches the football from out of the backfield. He can run routes so you can split him in and out, so that’s always been good for him. I think the thing you’ll be surprised with is watching him in the blocking game.”

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Football-Recruiting-West-Mesquite-coach-Jeff-Neill-discusses-new-Texas-commit-Ty-Jordan-135728862/

35 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Siap...

"Coach's Take: Ty Jordan has a complete skillset"

Like this part:  

Jordan stands only 5-foot-7, and some detractors will point to his size and call him a gadget back. Neill said that Jordan can certainly do just about everything from the backfield, but his physicality at his size should surprise some folks at the next level.

“With undersized running backs you always talk about blocking,” he said. “You’re going to find out when he gets there that he’s a physical kid. He plays the game physically and takes that as a challenge. Even since last year he’s improved from that standpoint in terms of the mindset and physicality he’s got to play with at the next level. We’re seeing that out here with him blocking. The rest of it has always come really natural to him. He’s got great hands. He’s a great back that catches the football from out of the backfield. He can run routes so you can split him in and out, so that’s always been good for him. I think the thing you’ll be surprised with is watching him in the blocking game.”

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Football-Recruiting-West-Mesquite-coach-Jeff-Neill-discusses-new-Texas-commit-Ty-Jordan-135728862/

so a faster Maurice Jones Drew starter pack??

Fwiw...

I was listening to the W Mesq v Guyer broadcast on the way home from my own HS game (Garland).  Apparently Guyer kicked the shit out of WMHS; however, the announcers spoke at length about how Jordan is one of only a handful of Srs on the team. 

Just something to consider if his stats aren't flashy at times.

Also of note.  Nobody could stay within 15 yards of (covering) Bowman.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Fwiw...

I was listening to the W Mesq v Guyer broadcast on the way home from my own HS game (Garland).  Apparently Guyer kicked the shit out of WMHS; however, the announcers spoke at length about how Jordan is one of only a handful of Srs on the team. 

I thought they played Ryan?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here is the GoFundMe link:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/fighting-2-win-tiffanystrong

2019 has been one heck of a year!

On December 28, 2018 I was diagnosed with Stage 4 non-small cell carcinoma of the right lung and on January 9, 2019 I was diagnosed with bone cancer.  Since last year my life has been a major roller coaster! During this time I've had numerous medical procedures and hospital stays. Currently I'm receiving radiation, chemotherapy and taking several medications for pain. I have a good support system that I love, respect and appreciate for being in my corner every step of the way. Thank you to all my family, friends and co-workers who found it in their heart to make me a priority during the most difficult time in my life.  As of November 1, 2019 I will no longer be employed due to my constant demand for medical treatment and frequent hospital stays. I was released from the hospital on October 28, 2019 and not long after got the news I will not have a job to come back to because I am unable to fulfill my duties. Therefore I will no longer have health insurance or funds to purchase my medications. Never would I have imagined my life would take a turn like this and I would be asking for help from anyone. I am keeping the faith, staying prayed up and fighting with everything in me. Also I will be traveling to MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston soon for further treatment. At this time I am asking everyone to find it in your heart to bless me on my journey and pray for me during my road to recovery. I will except any blessing at this time big or small. Thank you guys in advance and May God continue to Bless you. I will beat Cancer!! #TiffanyStrong #FightLikeAGirl

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Like 3

On 9/20/2019 at 10:13 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Fwiw...

Ryan kicked the shit out of WM.  It was 28 or 35-0 after one quarter.  WM looked demoralized and lacking any idea or confidence on offense.  It was a massacre.  Bowman was practically running routes against air.

Yet, despite his team getting whooped the entire game, into the 4th quarter Jordan continued blocking with energy and was beating up his guy whenever he had an opportunity.

I like him and it's terrible that all this shit is happening.  I am happy to read that she's getting top notch care.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Is that even goddamn legal?  Firing for illness 

Once you go past FMLA they can let you go IIRC.  My company had to let a dude go that had multiple heart attacks because he was never there and we need the head count to meet deadlines.  Sucked to do it but business doesn’t stop while he was out.

3 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Once you go past FMLA they can let you go IIRC.  My company had to let a dude go that had multiple heart attacks because he was never there and we need the head count to meet deadlines.  Sucked to do it but business doesn’t stop while he was out.

Yeah I mean it's cold, but there has to be a mechanism, right?

17 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Is that even goddamn legal?  Firing for illness 

You might be surprised how you can be fired in TX. Seriously, know a guy was fired in Dallas a few years back for speaking Spanish on the job. Guy was a warehouse supervisor and the co had strict policy of employees only speaking a language every employee could understand because of possible theft or something. 

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

You might be surprised how you can be fired in TX. Seriously, know a guy was fired in Dallas a few years back for speaking Spanish on the job. Guy was a warehouse supervisor and the co had strict policy of employees only speaking a language every employee could understand because of possible theft or something. 

That's going to be clear discrimination, absent some particular safety issue.  I would venture to say that their either was a non-discriminatory safety issue, or the guy was interested in moving on to his next job rather than pushing the issue.

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

That's going to be clear discrimination, absent some particular safety issue.  I would venture to say that their either was a non-discriminatory safety issue, or the guy was interested in moving on to his next job rather than pushing the issue.

Not saying your not right but, guy worked for me next and the company actually told me why he was dismissed when I called to verify his work history

8 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Not saying your not right but, guy worked for me next and the company actually told me why he was dismissed when I called to verify his work history

Makes sense.  When I got to my rather large company, we basically had to change the ongoing understanding that we could  prohibit people from speaking Spanish "if it made other employees uncomfortable". This was a long time ago, but some ideas just are hard wired.  Most people will still say you can have rules prohibiting people from talking about their salary. 

3 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Lol.  I was afraid to type "Hook 'Em" lest I violate some sort of recruiting rule.  

Donate y'all.  She's a couple of hundred from the goal.

Like most gfm, I’m sure the goal will continue to rise but anyone who can afford to give $ should. Beats giving anything to most non-profits that come calling this time of year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I know they had a great season but it still seems like a weird decision.

Only one that makes sense is if the church is able to help a very sick mom. I'd respect that. I know Utah is not LDS but if you understand that community, you know Utah has all available church resources when needed.

• immamac changed the title to 2019 commit RB TY Jordan [Passed away page 5 for latest]