Ben Roethlisberger Out For The Season

Vic Mackey

On 9/17/2019 at 8:37 AM, Thiefery said:

80's and 90's were horrendous at QB for Stillers fans.. Brister, O'Donnell, Kent Graham, Mike Tomszak, Kordell, Maddox..Yikes.  I think Mason will do fine, however I expect the defense to continue to allow big plays to happen during crucial parts of the game.

Yeah I think Mason actually looked quite good.  The one INT he threw was nowhere near his fault, and had that not happened, his QB rating would have been like 122 for the game.  As it was, it was still a very solid 92.

The problem for him is that their defense is horri-bad and James Connor is solid, but nowhere near the dynamic playmaker that Bell was. 

So Mason could play really well, but probably won't get many wins because of shit defense and a middling running game.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah I think Mason actually looked quite good.  The one INT he threw was nowhere near his fault, and had that not happened, his QB rating would have been like 122 for the game.  As it was, it was still a very solid 92.

The problem for him is that their defense is horri-bad and James Connor is solid, but nowhere near the dynamic playmaker that Bell was. 

So Mason could play really well, but probably won't get many wins because of shit defense and a middling running game.

yeah i agree. Mason will probably be getting the blame when it's really Tomlin's and his complete shit show on defense. I like Connor but he seems to always be hurt. The Snell pick was a huge reach and he hasn't flashed at all. He's like the RB version of aggy great SlOneil in terms of speed. Moncreif was a bad signing, actually terrible when you consider that he's shown he's finished during the preseason and yet they still kept him.  Gonna be a rough season but as long as Mason proves he can hang, the steelers should have a bright future after letting Colbert and Tomlin walk this winter.

• Like 1

That defense is going to be starting 8 first round draft picks on Sunday.

It gets sacks and does a decent job of stopping the run, but is Swiss cheese behind the pass rush. I can’t see Fitzpatrick totally turning that around, but it can’t get worse. 

6 hours ago, Thiefery said:

yeah i agree. Mason will probably be getting the blame when it's really Tomlin's and his complete shit show on defense. I like Connor but he seems to always be hurt. The Snell pick was a huge reach and he hasn't flashed at all. He's like the RB version of aggy great SlOneil in terms of speed. Moncreif was a bad signing, actually terrible when you consider that he's shown he's finished during the preseason and yet they still kept him.  Gonna be a rough season but as long as Mason proves he can hang, the steelers should have a bright future after letting Colbert and Tomlin walk this winter.

There is a zero % chance they fire tomlin this off season. He probably should be. He’s undoubtedly underachieved with great teams. The signature of the mike tomlin era is a good team playing down to bad teams and losing games they shouldn’t.  But the Steelers haven’t fire a coach in 50 years and tomlin’s win % is second only to Belichick among active coaches. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, heso said:

That defense is going to be starting 8 first round draft picks on Sunday.

It gets sacks and does a decent job of stopping the run, but is Swiss cheese behind the pass rush. I can’t see Fitzpatrick totally turning that around, but it can’t get worse. 

It's even more of a testament on how bad the FO and Tomlin have been with it's defensive selections.  They had a 2nd rd CB pick, who was cut after a full season.  Bud Dupree has been up and down...mostly down.  Not sure why they have Hargrove.  Bad luck with Shazier, but what's the explanation for the secondary that has Joe Haden? Very frustrating 

On 9/18/2019 at 10:17 AM, Thiefery said:

If anyone blames Mason they are fools. They no longer has their best 2 weapons in Bell and Brown. Defense is very subpar. JuJu is good but as a #1? Nope. He is exposed. He looked good when he fed off Brown and got single coverage. Connor is nowhere near what Bell was. They have work to do to try and build that team to what it used to be.

Ben/Bell/Brown was as good as it got in the AFC behind Brady. Belichik just owns Tomlin in the playoffs. But they were always a top team with that core. Now even with Ben R being healthy with this year's team, they would not make the playoffs. Like last year. I don't get why so many thought they wouldn't miss a beat without their 2 best offensive weapons being gone in consecutive seasons. JuJu/Connor is not eve close to Bell/Brown.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

He was pretty fun to watch

In his prime, he was probably the best QB in the league at shrugging off tackles and extending plays by maneuvering in the pocket, . After his injury in 2019, its been a stark contrast, as age caught up to him in a big way. Probably a year or two past time for the big meathead to call it and focus on his true passion, womens studies. 

• Haha 1

Pittsburgh Honors Ben Roethlisberger With Commemorative Statue In Women’s Bathroom (theonion.com)

Spoiler

Pittsburgh Honors Ben Roethlisberger With Commemorative Statue In Women’s Bathroom

Alerts

PITTSBURGH—Saluting the legacy of a quarterback who brought two Super Bowls to the city and did so much to local women, Pittsburgh honored a retiring Ben Roethlisberger Thursday with a new commemorative statue in a local women’s bathroom. “We can’t think of a more fitting tribute to this Pittsburgh hero than a monument towering over the women using the restroom at this bar,” said Mayor Ed Gainey, noting Roethlisberger’s outsized impact on the community that would inspire young players and therapy sessions for years to come. “Ben was unrelenting and tenacious on the field, and even more so off of it. He was famous for extending plays and never letting adversity in any form get him down. The one thing you could say about him, if you weren’t gagged by an NDA, was that he never took no for an answer.” At press time, the city had brushed off criticism of the statue by noting that it had recently become a born-again Christian.

image.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

In his prime, he was probably the best QB in the league at shrugging off tackles and extending plays by maneuvering in the pocket, . After his injury in 2019, its been a stark contrast, as age caught up to him in a big way. 

Those cocktail waitresses probably stand a better chance of escaping him, now. 

In his prime, he was probably the best QB in the league at shrugging off tackles and extending plays by maneuvering in the pocket, . After his injury in 2019, its been a stark contrast, as age caught up to him in a big way. Probably a year or two past time for the big meathead to call it and focus on his true passion, womens studies. 

Yep. Tough guy to bring down. Always made playoff games interesting and was somebody you never wanted to see in the playoffs.