Peacock - NBC's WTF streaming service

Js1

featuring reboots of all your favorite shows!

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/17/nbc-names-its-new-streaming-service-peacock.html

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nbcuniversals-streaming-strategy-name-programming-lineup-revealed-1240157

Reboots of Battlestar Galactica (wtf), Saved by the Bell and Punky Brewster!  Plus original content such as Dr. Death, Brave new World and Angelyne. 

Featuring a library of former NBC/USA/Bravo shows such as: The Office, P&R, 30 Rock, Everybody Loves Raymond, Frasier, King of Queens, Married with Children, SNL, Will and Grace, The Real Housewives, Chrisley Knows Best, etc. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Why do we need a second BSG series?   The first was great.  They won’t top Edward James Olmos.  

Exactly my point.

Why?  Sure it kind of went weird at the end, but damnit, it was great. 

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So apparently they're going to be showing all the same EPL games on Peacock Premium as NBC Sports Gold. Peacock Premium is $30 a year, NBC Sports Gold last year for me was $70 I think? So might be a cheaper route for fellow EPL fans if true. Go Seagulls!

https://barrettsportsmedia.com/2020/02/21/epl-games-on-peacock-could-hurt-nbc-sports-gold/

51 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What will the monthly cost be to watch AP Bio? 

Not sure. It's free for most shows and movies. However, some will require a "premium" subscription which costs either $30 a year or $80 a year for ad-free.

I have no clue what will be hidden behind the paywall and what won't. I am only getting it for EPL.

image.thumb.png.254dce26c48f9b3a9a6e2bb0c27f8e6c.png

Edited by MillerEP

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I thought King of Queens and Everyone Loves Raymond aired on CBS? Kind of funny NBC will stream those but don’t have the rights to Cheers and Friends. 

KoQ eventually went under the Sony umbrella and NBC has a deal with Sony for streaming rights. 

Dunno about ELR

14 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I thought King of Queens and Everyone Loves Raymond aired on CBS? Kind of funny NBC will stream those but don’t have the rights to Cheers and Friends. 

you have to understand the way tv works.  the networks they air on often have little to do with who owns and produces the show.  warner bros television will shoot shows on the warners lot, and will and grace (nbc) might be shooting on the next stage over from big bang theory (cbs).  in most cases, it has to do with the showrunner (chuck lorre offices are set up at warners, but he has a deal with cbs).  most of his shows (even netflix shows like kominsky method) are shot at warners, but none are shot at cbs television city, even though most air on that network.

seinfeld (there is no nbc lot, just the stage for the tonight show) and larry sanders both shot at cbs radford, right next to each other, and jerry/garry used to bond and vent when things were going shitty. 

abc studios produces shows that appear all over.  same with paramount tv.  stuff shot on the fox lot often has nothing to do with the fox network.  and to make matters more complicated, other studios (like sony tv) get involved on the syndication side (this is why you'll often see 2-3 different studio cards at the end of a rerun of a popular show).

also remember, back when friends (warners lot) and cheers (paramount lot i think) were produced, nobody had any idea that streaming services would ever be a thing.  back then, reruns weren't even on tbs or usa yet.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Ok. Why are they advertising it on the NBC app as free? I assume it’s some kind of free for a week/month promotion? I have AT&T, not Comcast. 

3 tiers 

Here go.

FREE TIER HIGHLIGHTS
The only new streamer to offer a free, premium tier of service, Peacock will deliver more than 13,000 hours of content—completely free—including a vast library of popular movies like the The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne Ultimatum, Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park III, Tully, Phantom Thread, The Interpreter, American Psycho, The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded, The Matrix Revolutions, The Blair Witch Project, The Mummy, Joe, Fletch, Fletch Lives, The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury, Fear, Psycho, Do the Right Thing, Howard the Duck, Billy Elliot, The Birds, Willie, Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas, The Last House On The Left, I Am Ali, In The Name of the Father, Lone Ranger, The Hitcher, Law Abiding Citizen, The Sting, What Dreams May Come, Fried Green Tomatoes, One True Thing, Gosford Park, Dracula and Dragnet.

The free tier will offer new episodes of NBC current season series one week after they air including hits This Is Us and The Blacklist, sample episodes of Peacock Originals, and hundreds of iconic shows including comedies like 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, Saturday Night Live, Saved by the Bell, Punky Brewster, The Johnny Carson Show, The Carol Burnett Show, Real Husbands of Hollywood and Everybody Hates Chris; dramas like Friday Night Lights, Downton Abbey, Parenthood, Monk, Heroes, Psych, The Game, Suits, Sacred Lies, Royal Pains, Battlestar Galactica, Columbo, Hunter, The Rockford Files, Dateline, 21 Jump Street, Highlander, Leave It To Beaver, Munsters and Murder She Wrote; reality series like Below Deck, Southern Charm, Chrisley Knows Best, Botched, Flipping Out, Million Dollar Listing New York, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, Real Housewives of Dallas, Jay Leno's Garage, Shahs of Sunset and Undercover Boss; competition series like Top Chef Masters, Hell's Kitchen, Hollywood Game Night and American Ninja Warrior Jr.; kids series including Kong, The Animated Series, Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, Fievel's American Tails and Woody Woodpecker; and Spanish-language titles like Betty en NY, I Love Jenni, Reina De Corazones, The Riveras, Preso No. 1, Caso Cerrado, El Baron, El Chema, Larrymania, Perro Amor, Mi Familia Perfecta, Quien es Quien, Victoria and Donde Esta Elisa.

Live sports in the free tier include four exclusive Premier League matches on July 15, coverage of the U.S. Open Championship and Women's Open Championships, an NFL Wild Card Playoff Game, and select events from the upcoming Tokyo and Beijing Olympics. In addition, sports fans will enjoy on demand replays of events like Triple Crown horse races, daily highlights from NBC Sports, and hundreds of hours of sports series, documentaries and films such as Tiger Woods Chasing History, 1968, I Am Ali, Dream Team, Being Evel, Feherty, Willieand Peacock Originals Lost Speedways and In Deep with Ryan Lochte.

PREMIUM TIER HIGHLIGHTS
For those wanting even more, Peacock Premium will feature access to all 20,000 hours of programming on the platform, including everything in the free tier plus the full catalog of Peacock Originals including Brave New World, The Capture, Intelligence, Psych 2: Lassie Come Home, DreamWorks Where's Waldo?, DreamWorks Cleopatra In Space and Curious George; all library series including treasured favorites like Two and a Half Men, Everybody Loves Raymond, George Lopez, Jeff Foxworthy Show, King of Queens, Superstore, Frasier, Cheers, House, The Affair, Yellowstone, Law & Order, Law & Order: SVU, Ray Donovan, Swedish Dicks and American Ninja Warrior; kids series including DreamWorks Dragons: Riders of Berk, Care Bears and Care Bears: Welcome to Care-a-Lot; and the entire movie collection including unforgettable titles like Shrek, Lone Survivor, Ted, Identity Thief, Children of Men, Charlie Wilson's War, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Frankenstein, Kicking and Screaming, Larry Crowne, and You, Me & Dupree.

The premium tier will also provide earlier access to programming, such as next-day access to new episodes of current season NBC shows including America's Got Talent, Blindspot, Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist, A Little Late with Lilly Singh, Saturday Night Live, Superstore, Law & Order: SVU, Chicago P.D., Chicago Fire, Chicago Med, New Amsterdam, Manifest, The Titan Games, Hollywood Game Night, World of Dance, The Kelly Clarkson Show, Access Hollywood, Days of Our Lives, Dateline, NBC Nightly News andMeet the Press, and Telemundo series including 100 Días Para Enamorarnos, Celia, Cennet, Enemigo Intimo, La Doña, Minuto Para Ganar and Noticias Telemundo. Exclusive access to Late Night With Seth Meyers and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 8:00 pm ET will only be available on Peacock Premium when the shows return to in-studio production. 

Peacock Premium will also feature access to a growing catalog of live and on demand sports programming, including more than 175 exclusive Premier League matches for the 2020-2021 season; coverage of elite cycling events like the Tour De France from August 29  September 20, and La Vuelta from October 20  November 8; and more than 100 hours of WWE content coming in August including series WWE Untold and Steve Austin's Broken Skull Sessions, and compilations like John Cena's Best WrestleMania Matches.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/peacock-launches-nationally-tomorrow-with-free-and-premium-tiers-301093196.html

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

No AP Bio until September 3rd, and only 8 episodes. I am sad. 

https://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2020/07/14/ap-bio-season-3-premiere-peacock-free-shows/

covid is giving the entire industry a proper fucking.

another 6 months and you'll be begging for delayed short seasons of shows you like.

On 9/17/2019 at 10:52 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Why do we need a second third fourth BSG series?   The first second third was great.  They won’t top Edward James Olmos.  

On 9/17/2019 at 10:56 AM, WBT said:

y'all are missing galatica 1980.

i'm guessing paying through the nose for comcast internet still only gets me the free tier

Edited by elfenix

8 minutes ago, elfenix said:

y'all are missing galatica 1980.

i'm guessing paying through the nose for comcast internet still only gets me the free tier

Comcast's eligible Xfinity X1 and Flex customers, as well as eligible Cox Contour customers, enjoy Peacock Premium included with their service at no additional cost.

• Like 1

Got an email from NBC Sports Gold saying all EPL games will now be on Peacock, so they stopped my subscription service. That was nice of them, since it's half the price. I then went through Peacock today to scroll through what they offered and it's a pretty vast list of movies and shows. 

41 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Got an email from NBC Sports Gold saying all EPL games will now be on Peacock, so they stopped my subscription service. That was nice of them, since it's half the price. I then went through Peacock today to scroll through what they offered and it's a pretty vast list of movies and shows. 

Same. Signed up specifically for EPL and finally got around to setting it up and agree they have a pretty big list of shows and movies

29 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m unimpressed. The movie selection is decent, but the show selection on the free tier is a joke. Partial seasons, and entire seasons blocked. Many of these shows are available on Netflix and Hulu. 

They should have just made everything free for a month. 

Are those shows going to stay on Netflix and Hulu? My fear is that they'll go to Peacock and this will be another streaming service I need to get.

19 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Are those shows going to stay on Netflix and Hulu? My fear is that they'll go to Peacock and this will be another streaming service I need to get.

It depends how many times you want to rewatch The Office.

Friends is on HBO Max. Seinfeld is currently on Hulu and will go to Netflix next year. Not sure on the plan with Community, but it’s on Netflix right now. Parks and Rec is currently on Hulu. 

Cheers is off of Netflix and on Peacock. Fraiser is on Peacock as well. 

I’ll spend $5 to watch AP Bio in September if I have to, but that’s it. I have too many streaming services 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

27 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I have too many streaming services 

This.  In the past 6 months, we've had Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime (which, really we don't pay for - we are paying for the shipping), AppleTV (free with my phone), PBS+ for Kids or whatever, Hulu, Noggin (Nickelodeon), CBS.

On the plus side: PBS+ Kids or whatever, Hulu, CBS, and Noggin have been dropped from the rotation (they will be picked up periodically).  Apple will be dropped when the year is up.   I want HBO Max, but Roku or AT&T has got to blink.

So our regular rotation is Netflix, Disney+, and Prime.

I want to like Peacock, but, again, Roku.

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

This.  In the past 6 months, we've had Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime (which, really we don't pay for - we are paying for the shipping), AppleTV (free with my phone), PBS+ for Kids or whatever, Hulu, Noggin (Nickelodeon), CBS.

On the plus side: PBS+ Kids or whatever, Hulu, CBS, and Noggin have been dropped from the rotation (they will be picked up periodically).  Apple will be dropped when the year is up.   I want HBO Max, but Roku or AT&T has got to blink.

So our regular rotation is Netflix, Disney+, and Prime.

I want to like Peacock, but, again, Roku.

What’s hilarious is that I watch Hulu 10x more than Disney + /ESPN +, and only pay $1 for Hulu through the bundle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What’s hilarious is that I watch Hulu 10x more than Disney + /ESPN +, and only pay $1 for Hulu through the bundle. 

I canceled Hulu in June, they just emailed me a free 30-day trial.

When I canceled CBS after Picard, they offered me two free months.

These companies are willing to lose money up front to work their way into the regular rotation of a lot of us, which is why I'm surprised that Peacock and HBO Max didn't have everything lined up with Roku and Amazon.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I canceled Hulu in June, they just emailed me a free 30-day trial.

When I canceled CBS after Picard, they offered me two free months.

These companies are willing to lose money up front to work their way into the regular rotation of a lot of us, which is why I'm surprised that Peacock and HBO Max didn't have everything lined up with Roku and Amazon.

CBS offered me that too. 2 free months to watch.... nothing.  Call me when Discovery season 3 is ready to go