Peacock - NBC's WTF streaming service

Js1

Ted is very entertaining. 

The parents are hilarious.

”I’m not going to pay some shrink $80 to show me ink blots that all look like priests with their dicks hanging out.”

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Not specific to Peacock, but it's getting really annoying to pay for an app, then have to watch several minutes of ads during the show.  And, yes, I realize that I have to watch ads on regular TV for which I pay for (YouTubeTV), but it seems to be getting worse lately.  I'm watching Lonesome Dove.  The ads pop up at random times; not during natural breaks in the movie.  A character will be right in the middle of a sentence and a 2-minute ad break will suddenly appear.

• Hook 'Em 4

It wasn’t a home run, but it was decent. I am glad they kind of broke out of the plot blueprint they were in there for the first good bit, and started mixing things up a little. Some interesting plot twists, and I can see why they picked it up for a second season. 

This season will be the make or break I think. Writing picks up a notch and it may go a few seasons more. Same level or less and there probably isn’t a season 3.

It disappointedly goes down hill as the season goes on.

I agree. It’s basically Columbo, but she ain’t Peter Falk, and the writing is weak much of the show.

Traitors S2 just started which is kinda like a Agatha Christie show. The Continental is good as a John wick prequel. We enjoyed the Resort. Also on patrol live is basically the old Live PD if you like shows like that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Deej said:

Ted is very entertaining. 

The parents are hilarious.

”I’m not going to pay some shrink $80 to show me ink blots that all look like priests with their dicks hanging out.”

Enjoyed the first ep more than I expected. 

Fun facts: The mom was Frank's Pretty Woman in Always Sunny, and the cousin is the real life daughter of Shea Whigham.

Edited by Herpa Derpa

46 minutes ago, Deej said:

The dad is Malarkey from Band of Brothers.

Scott Grimes, who voice acts with Seth on American Dad and were both on The Orville

Was married to Adrianne Palicki, also on The Orville

Edited by Js1

41 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Were any of you guys a part of the ‘first streaming only playoff game in NFL history’?!

Need to hang their marketing assholes.  

The whole thing was obnoxious as hell. F NBC and the NFL. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I’ve been watching Chucky on Peacock. The original writer of the Chucky movies created the show. It has Gen Z protagonists but it’s the same Chucky with all the profanity. They even bring back the original Andy. It’s not quality TV but it’s something to watch if you liked watching Chucky in the past.

• 3 weeks later...

Twisted Metal was way more enjoyable than expected.

I played TM 1 and 2 for hours so I am the target audience. They even manage to pull off Sweettooth into a character that was more than just a gag.

I am looking forward to season two.

• Hook 'Em 1

Kings From Queens: The Run DMC Story - pretty great watch.

I remember getting ready for school in January of 1984 listening to Big Daddy Griff on Studio 107. As I was putting some mousse in my freshly permed mullet, Hard Times came on.  I had missed the lead-in when Griff told the name of the group, so for the rest of basketball season my best friend and I listened day and night trying to catch that song again.  And we must have bought 15 to 20 cassette tapes at Hastings in Central Mall trying to find who the hell that group was.  A couple of months later, Run-DMC's self-titled album finally dropped and we instantly became the whitest Run-DMC fans in the Four States Area.

So when I say this was a pretty great 3-part series, I may be a bit biased.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...