Subway brisket

Beau Vine

• 3 weeks later...

So, my kiddos like Subway, and we were grabbing a quick lunch between kid birthday parties, so we hit up Subway and I got the brisket sub.

Actually - not bad at all!  I got the brisket, smoked cheddar, pickles, onions, a bit of the BBQ sauce, a few banana peppers, then had them add sea salt and two-color pepper. No need for mayo or whatever bullshit is in the commercial. It's not Franklin but it's quite edible in a pinch. Fairly spendy for fast food, had a coupon for free chips/drink with it, was still 10.29 for a footlong.

1 hour ago, TXSooner518 said:

So, my kiddos like Subway, and we were grabbing a quick lunch between kid birthday parties, so we hit up Subway and I got the brisket sub.

Actually - not bad at all!  I got the brisket, smoked cheddar, pickles, onions, a bit of the BBQ sauce, a few banana peppers, then had them add sea salt and two-color pepper. No need for mayo or whatever bullshit is in the commercial. It's not Franklin but it's quite edible in a pinch. Fairly spendy for fast food, had a coupon for free chips/drink with it, was still 10.29 for a footlong.

goddamn OU fucking sucks at everything.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

vomit GIF

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I like how only now eating at subway is considered bad form by Texans.  Up until the brisket miscalculation, they were just fucking crushing the finest meats.  

Up until about 5 years ago, I would eat it in a pinch. But I avoid it at all costs now. Never considered it anything but a stop gap when there was no other choice. I pass a couple of subways in the tunnels in the way to eat lunch and I can’t even stand the smell.

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I like how only now eating at subway is considered bad form by Texans.  Up until the brisket miscalculation, they were just fucking crushing the finest meats.  

I absolutely adored Subway and ate it for every meal, until this dude on the old site named "Cruiser" with a near-religious hatred of Subway shown me the light and corrected my wicked ways.  He sure was an anti-Subway zealot.  I wonder whatever happened to that dude????

;)

• Like 1

Y'all are so brave, and truly clever for picking up on how some people change internet handles.  I mean, fucking kudos all around.  

But c'mon you have to admit, people are being a little hard on Subway all of a sudden because of this brisket mishap.  I didn't realize prior to this, it was a delicious place to eat.  

But I guess, I ain't a native Texan so I don't truly know the best restaurants to eat at when it comes to barbecue.  

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Oh for fucks sake.

No kidding.  This took a turn for the weird.

@Lobo-- I honestly don't mean to call you out, I'm just having a little fun.  Did you change your handle because you wanted to disassociate from the former one?  If so, that's fine.

I recall you because you were sort of inordinately hateful of Subway on the old site, and you've continued to be so on this site.  I thought that was just some of your schtick.  

Edited by utee94

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

But c'mon you have to admit, people are being a little hard on Subway all of a sudden because of this brisket mishap.

Yeah, I mean who would have ever thought Surly, of all places, would ever be an over-reactionary, group-thinking, mob-mentality, dog-piling online community.  Nobody saw that coming for sure.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/21/2019 at 4:30 PM, TXSooner518 said:

My son loves him some Subway, and it’s just about the most convenient option post baseball practice...so I eat it a decent bit. I usually stick with turkey and drowning the thing in jalapeños and condiments, no way I have the stones to eat that sandwich.

58 minutes ago, VolenteHawk said:

My son loves him some Subway, and it’s just about the most convenient option post baseball practice...so I eat it a decent bit. I usually stick with turkey and drowning the thing in jalapeños and condiments, no way I have the stones to eat that sandwich.

You do realize you are not eating actual sliced turkey or ham but a processed piece of crap with a bunch of fillers that is pressed into something that vaguely looks like what you think you are eating.....you know like chicken nuggets.

50 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

By the looks of your avatar, you have Kansas City ties.  Subway brisket sandwich should be about on par with most Kansas City BBQ from my experience.

Yeah, you've mentioned that a few times.  I've never lived in Kansas City, but I have lived in Austin for 20 years...long enough to remember when the BBQ here wasn't very good.  Some of those places are still open for some reason, giving us plenty of mediocre to bad options.

Not unlike KC.

Yeah, you've mentioned that a few times.  I've never lived in Kansas City, but I have lived in Austin for 20 years...long enough to remember when the BBQ here wasn't very good.  Some of those places are still open for some reason, giving us plenty of mediocre to bad options.
Not unlike KC.

Nearly 20 years ago John Mueller had his place on Manor Rd.
  • Like 1

This is a safe place, right?

I eat subway now and again for lunch.

5 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

You do realize you are not eating actual sliced turkey or ham but a processed piece of crap with a bunch of fillers that is pressed into something that vaguely looks like what you think you are eating.....you know like chicken nuggets.

Yes, I know this. What fast food place isn't? Anybody think whataburger meat isn't shit? Chick fil a isn't shit meat? Anybody honestly think any sandwich meat anywhere isn't shit? Newsflash assholes, unless you are killing it, butchering it, and cooking it yourself...

Spoiler

its shit.

Give me subway over mcd's or burger king or that kind of ilk anyday.

Now that I got that off my chest, yeah, that "brisket" they had in the cooler where they make the sandwiches looked awful. I'll just stick to my shit meat filler "steak and cheese" or if I'm feeling lucky "meatball" subs. Sorry Ramone, you seem like a good guy, but sorry you wasted 30 years of your life smoking literally tons of brisket for subway.

18 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

This is a safe place, right?

I eat subway now and again for lunch.

Yes, I know this. What fast food place isn't? Anybody think whataburger meat isn't shit? Chick fil a isn't shit meat? Anybody honestly think any sandwich meat anywhere isn't shit? Newsflash assholes, unless you are killing it, butchering it, and cooking it yourself...

Reveal hidden contents

its shit.

Give me subway over mcd's or burger king or that kind of ilk anyday.

Now that I got that off my chest, yeah, that "brisket" they had in the cooler where they make the sandwiches looked awful. I'll just stick to my shit meat filler "steak and cheese" or if I'm feeling lucky "meatball" subs. Sorry Ramone, you seem like a good guy, but sorry you wasted 30 years of your life smoking literally tons of brisket for subway.

All you have to do is go to Thundercloud where they have....you know..actual sliced turkey breast or roast beef and not that pressed bullshit. 

Someone should buy all of the chain-sandwich-restaurant BBQ brisket sandwiches and do a side by side comparison.
Someone who is not me, of course.

You know....that’s kind of an awesome idea. Which ones are there?

Subway, Arby’s, Firehouse....who else?
Shame the McRib is “pork,” not brisket. It’s back, you know.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You know....that’s kind of an awesome idea. Which ones are there?

Subway, Arby’s, Firehouse....who else?
Shame the McRib is “pork,” not brisket. It’s back, you know.

Chomp.

Quizno's has one too (as I just discovered a couple days ago and posted upthread).  So that makes at least 4.  It really would be kind of funny to see someone do it, in a can't-look-away-from-the-trainwreck kind of way.