Tucson and Grand Canyon south rim recs

Onboard 2.0

Driving with the son from San Antonio to Vegas in late Sept. to his new base, Nellis AFB.  Staying in Tucson the first night. Any recs for restaurants or hip-happening places we have to hit while we're there for one night.

Driving on to the Grand Canyon the second day, and staying there for 2 days before hitting to the strip.  We've booked 2 nights at Under Canvas Grand Canyon.  Glamping experience for 2 nights, 25 miles south of the rim in Valle, Arizona.  Any recs for restaurants not to miss on the south rim ?

Right on Brother.   Two weeks ago I helped my son relocate his family and household goods from the fucking horrific shithole that is Ft. Polk LA to the relative paradise that is Ft. Jackson SC.   I drove one of his vehicles, carrying both his dogs, and pulling a uhaul.  Louisiana to SC along I-20 ("The 20" if you're from CA).   All when the hurricane was threatening.  The greatest part of the trip was passing the aggy equipment truck broken down on their way to Clemson. The worst part was passing a big-rig wreck that was really recent, and obviously fatal. 

I flew into  AEX where we met up, and flew back to SAN from CAE 5 days later, tired and sore from unloading all his shit and schlepping it into the house. I'm too old for this horseshit, particularly in the south, in the summer.  Sweated my balls off. The drive was pretty.  Aside from being hot and miserable, the south is beautiful.  So, so green. 

Edited by Gil Bang