Big 12 Power Rankings 2019

gmr548

Baylor will drop 2 to OU/TCU/TX.

Yeah I'm still in this camp. All three are superior to Baylor in terms of talent.

I think there's almost no way they beat OU, they are just outgunned there. As bad as Texas has looked, they absolutely have a talent advantage over Baylor. The Baylor D is well coached, but closer to WVU or OSU than TCU or OU in terms of personnel. Texas will score some points. The Texas defense is utter garbage but has really owned Baylor over the past two seasons. I'm certainly not counting on a bunch of stops and this isn't a prediction but it wouldn't surprise me if Texas did enough to win that game. TCU got them last year and can absolutely handle their offense much like Iowa State did. The key for TCU is turnovers. If they don't turn it over they'll be right there. I think one of TCU or Texas gets them.

Baylor getting the three teams with clear athletic/talent advantages so late in the year is tough because that is when that disparity highlighted the most.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Agreed.

I think OU is still really good and will probably butt fuck everyone left.

End up out of the playoffs and just thrashing whatever SEC team misses the playoffs in the Sugar Bowl.

I hope we don’t crater in Norman in a few weeks. I hate everything about the way that’s coming together.

Well, I see the game in Norman is going to be in primetime...so a butt-fucking sounds about right.

Of course on the weekend that OU & UT lose; our QB has to throw three pics in the fourth quarter so that we gain zero ground...fucking ISU moves...

Edited by SnowAggy

21 hours ago, JBJ said:

I'll take a shot:

1) OU

2a) Baylor

2b) Iowa State

4-7 are very close:

4) TCU

5) Texas

6) Kansas State

7) Oklahoma St

Gap

8 Tech

9) Kansas

10) WVU

Baylor will drop 2 to OU/TCU/TX.

OU still has another loss.

Big 12 is probably getting left out this year, but honestly it's due to having 7 pretty good teams all playing each other.

Agreed. As long as we have the full round-robin format, it's actually going to hurt the conference to have solid teams top-to-bottom.  In this format, the best case for the Big 12 is to have two dominant teams at the top that beat up on everyone else.

There is a lot of football left to be played. A 12-1 OU, should they get there, is going to be right there in the discussion. An undefeated Baylor is getting in without any thought. I think it's too early to say the B12 gets left out, though both of those scenarios make me sick and I hope they don't come to pass.

I will agree that OU and UT have a talent advantage on BU. But TCU has nobody but Reagor that would definitely start on BU's offense. The defense for TCU and BU is more of a push from what I've seen. I think BU takes the game at TCU. Home against OU and UT is a different situation. Talent should win but there's always coaching. 

Wouldn't change anything in the rankings this week. If I did, it'd be slotting Baylor back in the second tier for almost losing to coal aggy or moving KSU above OSU despite the H2H, as they continue to play well after their bye week and OSU has lost Wallace.

1.) OU
2.) Baylor - I'm pretty sure OU is going to blast them though.

Gap

3-7.) OSU, KSU, ISU, TCU, Texas

Gap

8-10.) WVU, Kansas, Tech.

OU - they continue to be good

Gap

Baylor - huge game for them this week. TCU slapped them around last year with a 3rd string QB. They win in Ft. Worth I’ll take them seriously against OU. A win would also make them a virtual lock for the title game. No one on that team has ever played a college game that really matters, and I think it shows up with a loss to a good but not great TCU team.

ISU - they are an offensive line away from being a top 10 team this year. Still damn good, I underrated them in September

OSU - losing Wallace knocks them down a spot for me

Kstate - it took that staff 6 games, but they appear to have gotten a foothold on Big XII teams. They absolutely undressed Kansas.

TCU - who the fuck knows. Athletic as hell, seems like they want to suck
texas - no idea what to think of this team. Could win out. Could win one more game. Won’t know until we see the defense Saturday.

Gap

WVU - who

Kansas - fucking

Tech - cares 

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Well based on how you finish, which sure af should count for something, it’s UT or Baylor 1 in the lil 12.  MENSA continues to be incredible as a dog.  

Texas didn't jump OU, to whom they lost head to head while also having a 3 game loss differential in conference; because of one fucking bowl game.

Edited by Iceman

4 hours ago, Iceman said:

Texas didn't jump OU, to whom they lost head to head while also having a 3 game loss differential in conference; because of one fucking bowl game.

Yeah you’re right.  But if you watched your team lose by a billion you’d probably think they should fall out of the top spot - logic be damned.  

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah you’re right.  But if you watched your team lose by a billion you’d probably think they should fall out of the top spot - logic be damned.  

I blame the CFP committee. No disrespect intended but I'm not sure that OU belonged in the playoff. I don't know who else the CFP should have put there in that spot because I'm not seeing anyone truly impressive outside of the top 3 but that's another discussion. 

Anyway, point is (and it's been mentioned elsewhere) if OU had not been included in the playoff bowls then the BXII probably would have had matchups that more closely aligned with the actual quality of the teams. UT absolutely crushed the Utes though and it wasn't even close. 

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

I blame the CFP committee. No disrespect intended but I'm not sure that OU belonged in the playoff. I don't know who else the CFP should have put there in that spot because I'm not seeing anyone truly impressive outside of the top 3 but that's another discussion. 

Anyway, point is (and it's been mentioned elsewhere) if OU had not been included in the playoff bowls then the BXII probably would have had matchups that more closely aligned with the actual quality of the teams. UT absolutely crushed the Utes though and it wasn't even close. 

I don't see that as disrespect.  OU fans may be mouth breathers but we're not aggy.  We are not delusional...not a single OU fan I've chat with thought OU belonged with the top 3 but Oregon beat Utah...or maybe they would have been the sacrificial lamb.  I don't buy LR as a choke artist like Bob in the last 3/4 of his career but he does need to get a defense.  OU was at least avg on D until they lost 4 or 5 of their top 6 defenders...that defense by Q2 in the playoff would not have beat Texas or Baylor imo.