Why do SAP blow so much?

Neonmoon

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Working in SAP is like time traveling back to 1993 and using dial up internet. Why the fuck do all companies use this piece of shit and why haven't they been overtaken by something better?

HaHa.  When we went to SAP it was a pretty good upgrade.  I have still hated it the whole time.

Could not agree more with your sentiment, “ This is the best, most cutting edge shit we can get?  It is some ‘low bidder dreck from hell.’

It's even more fun when you're responding to RFPs and you have to upload them via the client's SAP interface.  Most non-intuitive piece of shit ever.  The first time I did it, it took me over an hour to figure out how to upload a fucking PDF.  I can't imagine having to use that every day.  

Dude. don't you know how many millions they spent (are are spending on SAP.) . They have to recoup that investment by keeping it another 30 years.

In another life, I used to work on ERP implementations. One task was to gather requirements and the whole time I would be thinking that the company was making the worst mistake in the world customizing the software to the nth degree.  Much cheaper to change business processes as opposed to supporting customized (poorly) software forever.

in some respects, I took the requirements from the customer to the engineer.  or my secretary did for me. Now I'm just waiting for a chance to release a new game to the world. I only need some capital...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
We call SAP “Stop All Progress”. The only thing worse than it is our purchasing folks who sit on PO’s until our contractors take other work and we are left searching for another contractor or having to re-bid the job.
I think purchasing departments feel their role in organizations is to bring progress to a grounding halt.

• 4 weeks later...
I think purchasing departments feel their role in organizations is to bring progress to a grounding halt.

I want to do some steam header control work with a group out of Finland. They have done the same work at least two of our other mills. I’ve been trying to get them setup as a vendor for our mill for almost a month now and we’re still not there. I truly believe they take pleasure in my pain.

On 10/16/2019 at 4:35 PM, Chewbacca said:
On 10/16/2019 at 5:00 AM, EE2B said:
We call SAP “Stop All Progress”. The only thing worse than it is our purchasing folks who sit on PO’s until our contractors take other work and we are left searching for another contractor or having to re-bid the job.

Purchasing, Legal, and IT (sometimes) have been driving sales reps to drink (more) for decades. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...