No Princess Bride thread ??

smwhorn

29 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
4 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:
Maybe we could redo Blazing Saddles, but update it for a modern audience!

Id actually watch a modernized blazing saddles that suited todays youth over the edited version they show on cable

And the humor would all have to be changed to something that doesn't even resemble the original.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Yeah, it's basically a chick flick that pretty much everyone loves. That's pretty tough to pull off.

It's a first ballot, unanimous entry into the "Netflix and chill" hall of fame. 

It was "Netflix and chill" before there was a Netflix. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

2 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

it's picking a pretty hard target to remake.  it's a love story sort of movie that dudes like.  that's really threading the needle.  

35 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Yeah, it's basically a chick flick that pretty much everyone loves. That's pretty tough to pull off.

true, true. 

kind of like how "when harry met sally" pulls it off.

List of movies to remake:

The Princess Bride

Casablanca

Citizen Kane

Young Frankenstein

Dr Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Star Wars original trilogy

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Edited by XYZ

9 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

it's picking a pretty hard target to remake.  it's a love story sort of movie that dudes like.  that's really threading the needle.  

Seriously.  

Roxanne is another one.  I'm sure they'll remake that with Kevin Hart and Emma Stone.  Fuck you, Hollywood.

On September 19, 2019 at 9:18 AM, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They should remake a different remake of Cyrano de Bergerac, or maybe come up with an all new remake of Cyrano de Bergerac. 

I'm honestly not interested in a remake of anything unless it's obscure or foreign so it's new to me.

What would really be nice is if Hollywood could try to remember how to write an original script.

• 11 months later...

The cast of The Princess Bride will reunite for a virtual reading of the script to be followed by a Q&A session on 9/13/20 at 6:00 PM CST.

TRIGGER WARNING - The reading will benefit the Democratic Party of Wisconsin and will require a donation, but the minimum donation is only $1.  I'm posting this as a fan of the movie, not in support of any particular political party (they both suck).  If this triggers you and you think a $1 donation will tip the scale one way or another, please look away.  Again, I am only posting this so that fans of the movie can participate if they so choose.  If this gets sand in your vagina or your panties in a wad please look away.  Please no escapees from CR here.

image.thumb.png.d07efb26add8987c875b79db4a053691.png

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

but fezzik joined the great brute squad in the sky.

Serious question---who alive today would be best fitted to read his parts for this event?  Can't just be somebody big, has to also be somebody with some comedy/tragedy chops to capture the scenes.